Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2007, 22:32   #1

Another Screamer from Welchy

i watched the reserves tonight finished 2.2 against bury,welchy scored a thirty yard screamer
The Rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-04-2007, 00:40   #2
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Another Screamer from Welchy

He's big, he's hard he scores from 30 and 40 yard, Michael Welsh, Michael Welsh.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 13:18   #3

It was a great strike (not better than stockport imho) seems to have a habit of scorin these long rangers. Shame he seems to have lost his edge defensively or he would be playing in the first team. yesterday was the first time i seen him play since he played poorly against rochdale and he still looks short of confidence imho. he also looks like he is injured limping quite alot yesterday.
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 15:50   #4
Senior Member+

I noticed him limping in several games earlier in the season. And I still think he deserves a chance in the first team as a strike partner for Paul Mullin.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 17:19   #5
Senior Member+

I bet he gets it from you eh Rifleman! Hehe

Hes always scoring great goals ive never seen him score a rubbish one at stanley. However any goal isnt rubbish , if it goes in the net thats all you need. It can change a game instantly.

If i was coley id give him a chance!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 19:22   #6

And drop who??

God? Dont make me laugh. And Rock's hving his best season for years.

A goal for the reserves and he should be started, breaking up a solid back line. Christ, Ive heard it all now. lmao
Old 25-04-2007, 14:53   #7
Senior Member+

I don't think anyone has mentioned breaking up the back line in this thread. I'm not sure that we have found a consistent strike partner for Paul Mullin during the latter part of this season. My own suggestion would be to use Welchy as a striker, maybe only for the last 20/25 minutes depending on how things were going.
Old 25-04-2007, 15:13   #8
God Member

Leighton McGivern
Old 25-04-2007, 21:48   #9
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Leighton McGivern
Totally agree, forget this talk of Welshy up front McGiven has to start.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 25-04-2007, 22:27   #10
Senior Member+

I don't disagree that McGivern should start even though he is rather lightweight. I'm suggesting Welchy as someone who could come on later in the game and impose his considerable physical presence on some of these League 2 defenders.
Old 25-04-2007, 22:30   #11
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I don't disagree that McGivern should start even though he is rather lightweight. I'm suggesting Welchy as someone who could come on later in the game and impose his considerable physical presence on some of these League 2 defenders.
And take Mullin off, now I might agree with that.

Old 25-04-2007, 23:35   #12

what you must remember is that welchy knows the Macclesfield players and set up inside out, the year he left he played thirty eight games up to the play offs and then Horton dropped him for the play offs and put M rley in for him,any way you all know i am biased lets just do the job on Saturday
ps sorry if this message is garbled me and Geordie have just had a shedfull of Guinness
The Rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 06:24   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rifleman View Post
what you must remember is that welchy knows the Macclesfield players and set up inside out, the year he left he played thirty eight games up to the play offs and then Horton dropped him for the play offs and put M rley in for him,any way you all know i am biased lets just do the job on Saturday
ps sorry if this message is garbled me and Geordie have just had a shedfull of Guinness

whilst I agree that the chaos theory of shoving Welchy up front, SHOULD a result depend on it, would possibly reap some dividend, the fact is that he left Macc 3 (?) years ago and the management certainly and players probably have changed beyond recognition just like ours has.

But I do hope that Michael features again for Stanley because I wouldn't want my lingering memory of him to be that performance against Rochdale! Even a biased observer could not disguise that he was not at the races that week.

Go get em Welchy.

he's big, he's hard, he's flipping kak at darts Michael Welllllllllcccchhhhhh

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..