Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2006, 15:58   #1
Senior Member+

Another Win

Wow 8 points clear and looking at the stats seemed a hard game, maybe when you guys get back you can update me see Morecombe blew it in the last couple of mins, typical can't trust em to do anything.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2006, 16:37   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Another Win

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Exciting second half, which made up for a poorish start, and some weird kicks from Robbie Elliot.

Top of the league, we're havin' a laugh..........

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2006, 16:38   #3

A good game, hard fought battle, but full marks to Cambridge for effort, a good game
Old 21-01-2006, 16:59   #4
God Member

**** game really but we were never under any threa I thought, lots of enterprising build up play but lacking in first touches by the men that can. All in all we just about deserved the win, and we are now an extra two points clear. Atmosphere better today as well I thought.
Old 21-01-2006, 18:04   #5
Senior Member+

mangan changed the game..simple as that! Won the penalty, U's backline couldn't cope with his pace, full marks to coley a terrific substitution. All in all i think we deserved to win and with halifax, york, morecambe, exeter and stevenage all dropping points it was a fantastic day which see's us go to st. james's park, exeter knowing a win could put us in a fantastic position to win this league and today's performance shows that when we do not play our best we are still grinding out win's... on stanley on!!!!!! Atmosphere was again great.
Old 21-01-2006, 18:20   #6
God Member

the last half hours football was the best I've seen in ages. you can really feel the electricity around the IES now, no - not faulty wiring - AMBITION

the reds are going up, and NOW youre gonna believe us!!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2006, 18:50   #7
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
the last half hours football was the best I've seen in ages. you can really feel the electricity around the IES now, no - not faulty wiring - AMBITION

the reds are going up, and NOW youre gonna believe us!!
no we dont !!
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2006, 18:54   #8
Member.

No doubt about it the first half was pretty poor, in fact I thought I was somewhere else it was that quiet at the Clayton End.

Cambridge weren’t afraid of us or the ball; they fought hard and commanded the ball in that first 45 minutes, what good fortune for us they couldn’t find a finish.

The second half was somewhat different and most will agree that Stanley pulled it back and deserved to win out in the end. The support from the supporters was excellent and very, very loud.

Those that came for the first time today I would implore to come back again because everyone as an off day, but a team that can have an off day like Stanley did in that first half and fight on to win deserves your support up to and beyond promotion.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2006, 18:57   #9

2nd half was excellent. We really picked up, good to see the gate was up today. Like someone else mentioned, Mangan really scared their defence. I thought Edwards had a good 2nd half, and Paul Mullin was excellent. Only negative point for me was listening to some "fans" laying into our goalie in the 1st half and complaining. Learned my lesson will stand behind the goal from now on!
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2006, 18:59   #10
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red
no we dont !!
Ok, so using the word ambition was a bit naff. Personally I would have said that feeling was one of certainty. Whatever your preference don’t knock what this team as done in such short a time because you never have and never will match it………

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-01-2006, 19:03   #11
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossendaleRed
Only negative point for me was listening to some "fans" laying into our goalie in the 1st half and complaining. Learned my lesson will stand behind the goal from now on!
Good point, he was a little off the mark with that left foot, but come on his Job is to keep them out and that he did time and time again. Respect……

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-01-2006, 19:32   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossendaleRed
2nd half was excellent. We really picked up, good to see the gate was up today. Like someone else mentioned, Mangan really scared their defence. I thought Edwards had a good 2nd half, and Paul Mullin was excellent. Only negative point for me was listening to some "fans" laying into our goalie in the 1st half and complaining. Learned my lesson will stand behind the goal from now on!
There was some bloke who shouted, "pick it up and throw it", as Elliot's throwing was better than his kicking today. The first time he shouted it, it was mildly funny. However, by the time he'd shouted it another 10 times in the next 3 minutes it was wearing very thin.

Some people just don't know when to give up!
Old 21-01-2006, 19:56   #13

I don't think having a pop at the lad is going to have a positive effect though, is it?

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2006, 20:00   #14
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
I don't think having a pop at the lad is going to have a positive effect though, is it?
Agreed but his throwing has been a strong part of his game and today his kicking suffered a bit so unless he was carrying an injury I didn't understand why he didn't use his arm a bit more.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2006, 20:37   #15
Resting in Peace

Wonder just what Coley said at half time to effect such a transformation in our play in the second half. Said to my sister at half time (watching her first football match for about 40 years) that it was the worst I have seen Stanley play this season. I was going to ban her from any further visits but I needn't have worried as the reds tore into the "U"s with Edwards, Mangan and Boco in electrifying form. Craney's finish was fantastic, as he didn't have very much goal to aim for from his wide position.
Magical!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..