Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2006, 20:41   #16
God Member

Re: Another Win

As a first timer today, I have to say that I was beginning to wonder how bad the rest of the teams in the league were if Stanley were at the top but something must have happened in the changing rooms at half time. The second half was brilliant - even the ref started making a few good decisions too! They played really well and there were a couple of excellent performances. Well done lad, I'll be back!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2006, 21:16   #17

I don't belive either team turned up intil the 2nd half. Must say though we deserved to win I don't think we were at the races for a lot of the game.

I stand to be corrected but I don't believe we had a serious shot on target until 10 minutes into the 2nd half.

I suppose Cambridge came with a game plan and it nearly worked (2 on Mullin, 2 on Roberts and close everyone down ASAP).

But I suppose it's the result that counts and 8 points clear, game in hand and all to play for. YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

But please next game can we win it more convincingly and save my nerves. , and we really need to improve for the Exeter game.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2006, 22:58   #18
I am Banned

Yes, a superb goal from from an athlete who's on the very top of his game.

This Ian Craney is so different to the one who came here from Altrincham.

Great skills, yes. But great coaching too.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2006, 23:52   #19

Last thing we need is a load of so called Rovers 'fans' coming down to criticise our boys efforts. Fair enough the first half performance was awful but we really dug in in the 2nd half and deserved the three points. I almost thumped the guy standing behind me who was constantly slating the Reds. It was obvious though later on that he was a Rovers 'fan' as I saw him leaving 15 mins from the end of the game!!!!!!

We aren't that desperate that we need the SO CALLED support of third rate Rovers 'fans'......STAY AWAY!!!! Is that how you support your team???? Disgrace!
THE PEEL PARK GHOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2006, 23:56   #20

Talking Re: Another Win

And a note to all posters that the word 'believe' does contain an extra 'e' but the word 'until' does not start with the letter 'i' - thank you...

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2006, 00:13   #21

Remember Cambridge dubbed us at theirs, are a stocky hard & firm bunch. They got stuck into our lads & they didn't seem to want to give as good back which stifled the game in the first half. However they did not seem to know how to deal with Andy Mangan & we started then to show a little belief. Although Cav missed the penalty it seemed to upset Cambridges rhythm & along came Craney weaving the little bit of magic the game needed to win a very tight affair. I feel that more clubs may well take a lesson from Cambridges books but 1-0 or 5-0 still makes 3 points & a bigger lead over the rest of the pack. Oh yes Morcambe Red, see it took a former RED to put you into a lead you couldn't sustain. By the way we played an extra six minutes injury time as well, despite fourth official signalling 4 & I don't know where he got that from, & still won. SO NOW YOU'D BETTER BELIEVE US!
Old 22-01-2006, 10:55   #22
God Member

I disagree about the Rovers fans - they're the very ones that you need to convert into Stanley fans. For many, many years local football has been divided between Burnley and Blackburn and we need to win some of those fans back to Accrington.

I was born in Blackburn (although my parents moved over to Oswaldtwistle when I was four) and my Grandad first started taking me to the football when I was old enough. I still go to two or three Rovers games each season. But the fact is that it is very expensive to go to a premiership game (especially for a family of four) and a lot of fans, myself included would rarely, if ever, go to an away match. Which leaves a lot of football fans at a loose end most Saturdays. These are the very people that you need to be encouraging into the Stanley crowd. They get to watch quality football at a lower price and support their local team and town at the same time.

So don't knock it when 'Rovers' fans (or Burnley fans for that matter) come to watch Stanley, just try and convert them into diehards!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2006, 11:14   #23
Senior Member+

If we play like that every week and win 1-0 il be happy

Mangy defo made a big inpact, too be fair when i was forking on the pitch at half time on the left wing infront of the away fans it was very wet and you could see deep footprints which dont think went in garys favour as he likes to run at the defence, hence why he kept cutting in but in the 2nd half where it wasnt so wet on the left wing gary ran at em alot more which we all know hes deadly at.

Im sure Ian will be nagging Cav the next time we get a penalty, if we get a penalty again, talking about fouls how many did mully get against him? many the odd time it is a foul to the opposition but not all the time surely.

Nice to see the attendence rising every game , just hope we can keep em and they will bring a friend with them for the next game.

All in all, not the best of games but if we can play like that and win 1-0 every game, ill be happy

Bring on Uri Geller!!!
Old 22-01-2006, 11:18   #24
God Member

I dont mind who comes to critisize us, thanks for your money you opinionated tosspots. Nobody can criticize a team that is 8 points clear from a game less. Are you mad?
Old 22-01-2006, 12:02   #25

Great finish by Craney, really composed. considering the man on the line...great ball through to him...Was it Barry? I remember he played a few great through balls in the 2nd half.... How much injury time was played? It seemed ages..
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2006, 12:03   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
So don't knock it when 'Rovers' fans (or Burnley fans for that matter) come to watch Stanley, just try and convert them into diehards!
I agree Gayle, I was taken to Rovers when they were my local team, I was 6 (before Stanley reformed), I started watching Stanley when I came back as going to Rovers with 4 children is a tad expensive. But now I wouldn't dream of going. The atmosphere at IES is great the fans are brilliant and since the Unibond div 1 I class myself as a Stanley fan with a soft spot for Rovers. (I tend to go with 2 children and a Burnley fan who seems now to be wavering I'll continue working on him ).

But I do feel in a lot of cases, the attitude of Rovers and Burnley fans needs some adjustment. At the Halifax game I was surrounded by a group of Rovers fans who just slated Stanley no matter what, and yesterday again it was "never get away with that against Arsenal"
We weren't playing bl**dy Arsenal were we Numpties, and are you 8 points clear in your league? No I didn't think so, so either back the team or keep your inane comments to yourself.

Last edited by Stanaccy; 22-01-2006 at 12:21.
Stanaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2006, 13:35   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossendaleRed
Great finish by Craney, really composed. considering the man on the line...great ball through to him...Was it Barry? I remember he played a few great through balls in the 2nd half.... How much injury time was played? It seemed ages..
The through ball was by Mullin, i thought he delayed it to long but it was perfect.. The finish was also fantastic, cool and composed. The stoppage time was meant to be 4 minutes but felt much longer.

As for the pitch where we were forking baldy it was a bog! I was sinking.. But the pitch is a credit to Anthony Mallon, with all the games that are played at the crown the pitch is in a lot better than you would expect and he works really hard during the week to make sure the games can go ahead, your efforts are taken into account by all Mallon
Old 22-01-2006, 14:39   #28

Thanks Zayno for that...My wife came with me yesterday and actually said the pitch was in good nick!

Stanaccy has a point, probably the same lot of fans shouted for Cav to get back to liverpool when he missed the penalty! Its frustrating hearing it..
Old 22-01-2006, 15:55   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossendaleRed
Thanks Zayno for that...
You could have tried reading the match report, then you'd have known.
Old 22-01-2006, 17:05   #30

sorry . Need to open my eyes at the game, (got to excited) and on the site!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..