Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2006, 19:37   #16

Re: attracting the kids

Another point is that under the law a child in the UK is a child until 18 years old, so why are teenagers who are either still at school or in further education and not earning money charged £8 to watch Stanley, ok its not that expensive, but it is if you are not earning, i think that there should be no youth rate at all, after all why should you be charged more once you are 13, do you all of a sudden come into money, teenagers these days who dont have much money are not going to spend £8 on going down Stanley, however they may spend £4 (who knows, but try it and see), i think it would be better to have more people paying less than only a few that are willing to pay more, i pay £8 for my son to go in even though i dont really agree i should pay that much for him, but its my chose to do so and i do because he loves watching Stanley.

Another plus point would have to be a roof, it was bitterly cold on Tuesday night and i nearly didn`t go because i knew it was gonna be a cold one, and i`m not one for missing home games, so if i nearly didn`t go how many occasional fans didn`t.

I also read once on here that the majority of fans that do go are from Accrington, whilst i wouldn`t dissagree with that there are also quite a lot from the surrounding area`s that go, so potentially there are a hell of a lot of locals that for one reason or another dont go, but has anyone been out and about and found out what the reasons are and what would attract them ? equally more publicity in nearby towns could have some impact, maybe not, but has it been tried ?, Stanley will always have its die hard fans of the present but it needs to be creating the die hard fans of tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2006, 19:48   #17
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyRed
It's changed now AccyMad...It costs £80 now, see the official site on the sponsorship section!!
Bloody heck that doubled quick, oh well shan't be doing that for my daughters birthday this month then - priced out
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 19:52   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Bloody heck that doubled quick, oh well shan't be doing that for my daughters birthday this month then - priced out
Actually cheaper to buy her a season ticket at the Turf and ask for her name to be put down on mascot list
Old 02-11-2006, 19:54   #19
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave
Actually cheaper to buy her a season ticket at the Turf and ask for her name to be put down on mascot list
I so hope Erics got access to this board being poached already & cheaper sorry but mangans at accy she wont go else where yet...soooooooooooooo u get access to dressing rooms can u?
Old 02-11-2006, 19:56   #20
God Member

Quote:
I so hope Erics got access to this board being poached already & cheaper sorry but mangans at accy she wont go else where yet...soooooooooooooo u get access to dressing rooms can u?
You would get to take her to the Christmas party and have a picture taken with the Beast
Old 02-11-2006, 19:59   #21
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave
You would get to take her to the Christmas party and have a picture taken with the Beast
She wont want that but errr i'll have one with the beast

Thats the beauty of FES behind the goals tho the view you have is tremendous
Old 02-11-2006, 21:46   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy
Your very last sentence answered your question - so what is the point. As Fraser Eagle shop is in the middle of town - or it was last time I was in Accy maybe what the club should be asking the shop to do is promote the merchandise a little clearer ie big sign in window stating Accrington Stanley merchandise available here! The big problem with the shirts etc is the expense. Whilst I know the club try and keep costs down the shirts are just to darned expensive for kids especially if there is more than one wanting a shirt, then add on the cost of names and numbers on the back and it becomes prohibitive. When and if we get bigger and better and Whelan starts making our shirts at JJB in Wigan and selling them in his outlets around the place then the problem will exist. Tell me else you can buy a shirt from lower league and conference clubs. In the town where that club plays only. Only if they make the big time of Championship or Premiership are shirts sold outside of the town
ah but how many people walk past fraser eagle not very many theres not very many kids shops past there plus its not very big so you cant promote much merchandise and i know shirts are expensive but its coming up to christmas and people spen a lot of money so its only a plus point if stanley try and get their share of the market .isnt stanley supposed to be run like buisiness .
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 21:56   #23
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley
isnt stanley supposed to be run like buisiness .
It is but its the business side of the club that is not performing well.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 23:02   #24
God Member

Quote:
She wont want that but errr i'll have one with the beast

Thats the beauty of FES behind the goals tho the view you have is tremendous
Ooooo so glad she doesn't read that forum cos me thinks you have outdone the embarressing mum one this time!!! Actually that comment comes from seeing her face everytime you mention mangan...you know the one ...

"AWW MUM STOP IT" followed by

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 23:03   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
Junior Reds would be a top idea, but I believe the reason for failure last time, amongst other things, was that nobody really had time to organise and arrange it. Would a very useful addition to the club if somebody was able to devote time and energy to the cause. Done right it could become a full time paying job (Stanley Community Officer - Junior Reds Co-ordinator coupled with training kids etc)
Did offer my time to help with this, went to one meeting and was never contacted again!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:20   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
Did offer my time to help with this, went to one meeting and was never contacted again!!

new era now. If you would like to think about it again you may find us more accomodating this time out. The reason last time would have been that nobody could be rsed to look at it and plan etc, but I want to encourage more and more people to take things uppon themselves, I want all those that go to the meetings just for a warm to start getting involved. Junior Reds is a must but it needs a leader, it needs somebody pro-active and a doer rather than a talker. You'll get whatever back up I can muster.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:36   #27
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
Ooooo so glad she doesn't read that forum cos me thinks you have outdone the embarressing mum one this time!!! Actually that comment comes from seeing her face everytime you mention mangan...you know the one ...

"AWW MUM STOP IT" followed by
Hehehehehehe im cruel err not lol erm its payment back for her embarrassing me last season heckling Jagielka "Oi my mum fancies you" everytime he came close - hey i never went chasing him round for his sig hehehehe

She did same with an engine or 2 of firemen - telling em loudly my mum needs a firemans lift & it will take a few of you

Oh that girl realises now hehehehehehe
Old 03-11-2006, 08:40   #28

mel,sounds like she has a stand up comic career beckoning......

let's kill 2 birds with one stone and put her on in the bar spilling all your secrets....... that'd get a few punters in
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:52   #29
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanerlee
mel,sounds like she has a stand up comic career beckoning......

let's kill 2 birds with one stone and put her on in the bar spilling all your secrets....... that'd get a few punters in
Hehehehehe oh she is that alright lol tho her best moment [had to take several steps away & hide] was one of the first matches she went to, for some known reason she was chanting the wrong team right in middle of clayton end soon put her right lol

I haven't got any really lost Jaggers now lol She wants to be an ultra tho
Old 03-11-2006, 10:02   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyRed
It's changed now AccyMad...It costs £80 now, see the official site on the sponsorship section!!
Sorry, didn't realise it had gone up - that's a hell of a leap in one season and it's not like they get any more than they did for £40.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..