Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2004, 18:06   #16

Re: biased anyone??

Good point jase i agree 100% that beind the goal we are biased isnt that part of surpporting the team We all walk into the ground and don our red coloured specticals because there have been a few insidents were the referes have spoken after the game saying that the reaction of the fans and players could have helped him make the decision like at arsenal were am i right in saying that he gave a penalty then changed his mind all because of the reaction of the fans and players
So surley we must do our upmost to try to help get these 50-50 fouls to swing our way that is why we play at home and away to try and even it out over a season...
Old 05-11-2004, 20:49   #17

I understand via Shotgun that Sky showed the "penalty" at half time & clearly showed the Oldham player legging up his own man. If the ref got the wrong view then the "assistant" on the line was directly in line & in full view, but probably as is usual, had been told by the ref to shut his trap as he is the man in charge. I was directly behind the goal & Flitty never touched either man. Isn't the ruling on a goal scoring chance to send off the offending player or is that another one in Stanleys favour that it was never a penalty. Lets face it it wasn't the only descision the ref bottled on the night, but isn't that in the job description for refs anyway?
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 20:59   #18

the ref has a tough job, thad's all i can say
Old 06-11-2004, 21:03   #19

yeah he does have a really tough job but it is his job and if there was somebody in another proffession making mistakes weak in weak out they would be sacked!!! I think it is time refs pulled their fingers out and try to improve the entertainment value of football because thast is why we all watch footy!!!
Old 07-11-2004, 19:29   #20

The ref may have a tough job but he has two assistants & a fourth official so he isn't exactly on his own. Far too often they want to play at he man & make all the descisions, I've heard refs before a game warming up & telling his assistants to remember he is in charge & don't undermine him!

Stuff the hard job, I have one too & if I get something wrong I have to face the consequenses. These guys are trained & we, repeat, we pay them to do their job through the turnstiles. Trouble is there is no official body for a club or even us paying guests to their entertainment to be able to profer a complaint to, unless someone knows different? Lets face it it does take a real man to admit he makes mistakes & we are reminded most Saturdays that there is no such thing as a perfect ref available in this universe!
Old 08-11-2004, 12:22   #21

Any ref will make mistakes, that is guaranteed, and yes maybe you do face the consequences at work, but the president makes mistakes, goes to war gets people killed, does he pay the consequences? yes! he gets slated, does the ref get slated? yes!, does bush keep his job? yes! does the ref? yes!football is a mans game and if you can't take what th ref say's dont play, don't come to watch, don't do anything, if you are going to take it on the chin like a gentleman, then do it, if you get so annoyed at them earning money at your expense, why do you pay them?
Old 10-11-2004, 11:36   #22

I go to the Stanley for the team & hopefully to watch a good game of football. I have no control over who the ref is or the fact that part of my gate money goes in his pocket irrespective of how he performs. The Yanks may have Bush but they choose him, not me, & if he does a crap job as some men in black he will answer to the people eventually! My point is that refs are autonomous in this & most leagues-you tell me who to put a complaint in to about a refs performance & get a reasonable response, You've got till the next millenium for a response.
I have no qualms about someone earning a living but face it, if a tradesman came into your house & did a crap job you would have some redress, if the cap fits wear it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..