Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2004, 13:32   #1

biased anyone??

is it me or do't'folk behind t'nets seem to be over-biased, i know we're all a little biased, but last night i saw a ridiculous amount of stupidity in people saying wether't'penalty was a foul or not! maybe it wasn't a penalty because o'th'offside but the foul was a foul, all the way through the game the ridicoulousness of the comments got worse and worse! p.s. flitcroft was ace last night, exeeded my expectations by miles!
Old 03-11-2004, 13:38   #2
Senior Member+

Re: biased anyone??

Why are your thoughts deemed more superior than anybody else's?

Who made u GOD on what is a stupid & what is a sensible comment?

Make yourself known to me b4 the game & then you can sensor everything that I am about to shout to save me the ridicule on the forum.

Cheers Fella, after a crackin cup tie the only comment you can make is that Stanley fans make stupid biased comments................

Ale Ale Ultras

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 14:11   #3

fair enough maybe i can't judge whats good/bad but dont you think sometimes a bit of biased can go too far to the point were if any of it was true it'd be 10-0 to stanley, and most of the opposition sent off?
Old 03-11-2004, 14:23   #4

It's just the way the guy's are behind the goal ' over hopeful ' it keeps the standers alive.
Old 03-11-2004, 15:12   #5
Resting In Peace

Anybody with a brain knows that it was never a penalty, Oldham's second and third goals were miles offside, Stanley should have had at least two penalties, and the sending off was a correct decision. I have never been biased in my life.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 15:15   #6

yes the sending off was fair, stanley should have had a penalty, but the penalty given against us was fair, even if he wass offside, if the liner doesnt see the offside, and the player is deliberatley brought down in the box, usually, thats a penalty
Old 03-11-2004, 15:16   #7

p.s. have you looked at what oldham were denied, maybe they were cheated aswell
Old 03-11-2004, 15:56   #8
Resting In Peace

Oldham cheated ? Never! Why don't you look at things through red tinted glasses like everyone else ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 16:37   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthescore
fair enough maybe i can't judge whats good/bad but dont you think sometimes a bit of biased can go too far to the point were if any of it was true it'd be 10-0 to stanley, and most of the opposition sent off?
Matbe I'm a little childish at Footie but I like to shout "penalty" when I know its never a penalty, scream for the lad to be sent off then giggle when he does & its "unjust" Its Quality I'm always shouting for lost causes.......

J

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 03-11-2004, 16:39   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthescore
Matbe I'm a little childish at Footie but I like to shout "penalty" when I know its never a penalty, scream for the lad to be sent off then giggle when he does & its "unjust" Its Quality I'm always shouting for lost causes.......

J

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 04-11-2004, 09:05   #11
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
Why are your thoughts deemed more superior than anybody else's?

Who made u GOD on what is a stupid & what is a sensible comment?

Make yourself known to me b4 the game & then you can sensor everything that I am about to shout to save me the ridicule on the forum.

Cheers Fella, after a crackin cup tie the only comment you can make is that Stanley fans make stupid biased comments................

Ale Ale Ultras
Spot on Jase!

Knowthescore and k3mpy should come and introduce themselves to the Stanley fans behind the goals. Then we will see if they still want to make personal insults at Smiffy16 and others.

Bloody cowards!
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 09:36   #12
God Member

'Knowsthescore' - were you there? Yes if a player is brought down in the box it's a penalty but not if he's been tripped up by his own player!! Steve Flitcroft had to jump over the pair of them - there was no contact!!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 09:39   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
'Knowsthescore' - were you there? Yes if a player is brought down in the box it's a penalty but not if he's been tripped up by his own player!! Steve Flitcroft had to jump over the pair of them - there was no contact!!!
Exactly what happened AccyMad, the ref thought it was Flickers who brought the player down but as we know it wasn't.
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 09:43   #14
God Member

I'm thinking of trying to contact Chris Kamara to put it on his 'Justice Corner' on Goals on Sunday.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 09:45   #15
Senior Member+

Go for it.....
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..