Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2013, 07:48   #91

Re: Bristol Rovers match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post

All credit to the Rovers's fans too who sang,"You are staying up!"
to the Stanley at the close of the match.
I don't normally do this but I thought I would come on here and say I thought both sets of fans were a credit to football yesterday.

There has been a lot of bad press about football fans over the past couple of weeks with Newcastle, Milwall and Scunthorpe fans all hitting the headlines for the wrong reasons but yesterday showed what proper fans were about.

Okay it was far from being the best atmosphere but the way you applauded our youngsters who had just done the league and cup double and our players as they completed the end of season lap of honour was great to see and the Rovers fans returned it by applauding your players off and chanting you are staying up and the players reaction suggested they really appreciated it.

Both sets of fans mingled in the bar together afterwards and some Accy fans even joined in with the "we all hate City chants".

Congratulations on staying up and I look forward to taking 6 points off you next season in revenge for you doing the double over us this time around
AccyMad, smudgie, Redash and 4 others like this.
Rovers 12th Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2013, 07:59   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovers 12th Man View Post
I don't normally do this but I thought I would come on here and say I thought both sets of fans were a credit to football yesterday.

There has been a lot of bad press about football fans over the past couple of weeks with Newcastle, Milwall and Scunthorpe fans all hitting the headlines for the wrong reasons but yesterday showed what proper fans were about.

Okay it was far from being the best atmosphere but the way you applauded our youngsters who had just done the league and cup double and our players as they completed the end of season lap of honour was great to see and the Rovers fans returned it by applauding your players off and chanting you are staying up and the players reaction suggested they really appreciated it.

Both sets of fans mingled in the bar together afterwards and some Accy fans even joined in with the "we all hate City chants".

Congratulations on staying up and I look forward to taking 6 points off you next season in revenge for you doing the double over us this time around

Things like this make me proud to be a red man
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 08:27   #93

Well done to Leam and the lads. I've been hanging on to the similarities between this season and our first season back in the league but haven't wanted to risk putting anything on the site until we were safe.

First season back
1st 15 games 20 points
2nd 15 games 10 points
3rd 15 games 20 points Safe with one match to play

This season
1st 15 games 21 points
2nd 15 games 10 points
3rd 15 games 23 points Safe with one match to play
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 09:24   #94
Full Member+

I went for a bike ride after yesterdays win. Who did i see on my travels? only the one and only Paul Mullin! He was with his family walking around Memorial Park in Great Harwood. I've seen him around there a few times and always thought of mentioning Stanley to him, but he looks a bit shy so i just smile.
On hindsight i should've given him a toot on my bike horn and shouted "C'mon Stanley" to him, perhaps he didn't know about our win and he'd have been pleased to hear about it?
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 13:04   #95
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Stanley Players In The Bar - Rovers Talk - Bristol Rovers Fans' Forum Have a gander at this,
Old 21-04-2013, 13:19   #96
Senior Member+

Brilliant read Cashman !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 13:21   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Brilliant read Cashman !
I thought so as well, tis nice the players to be appreciated by other fans.
Old 21-04-2013, 13:27   #98

Alright men?

I went down to the game yesterday & thought it was a decent performance. The back 4 were good and managed to limit Bristol Rovers to few chances. The midfield worked hard but didn't get much service to the lads up top. Got the result they wanted so fair play.

Thanks to the guys on the coach and in the pub afterwards who were very welcoming (even though I think we nicked someone's usual seat at the back!).

Cheers.
PeterMurphyisGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 14:56   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Good un from Leam on fishy now.
Old 21-04-2013, 15:45   #100
Senior Member+

Just got back from the wedding in Newcastle that I had to go to yesterday. It was a great day just for the wedding but when I got the news at the reception about the fantastic Stanley win it really made the day ...just purrrrrrfect!!!! The evening wedding party was great and I danced all night revelling in Stanley's glory!!! My daughters friends were lining up to jive with this "old" Stanley Ultra and they were apparently impressed with my stamina and enthusiaism...I really slept like a baby after several pints of celebratory ale too!
I would just like to add my congratulations to Leam, the players and all the staff and also to all of those loyal Stanley fans who stuck by our team through a seriously dodgy season.
I've said it before...Surviving in The Football League is like winning a trophy for the Stanley.
So let's all have a party next week against Oxford.
Moly again scored a fantastic goal with that mercurial left foot. Sounds like we fully deserved the win from the reports.
WELL DONE LEAM AND PLAYERS AND STAFF AND FANS ONE AND ALL
ON STANLEY ON
cashman and yonmon like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 18:21   #101
Resting in Peace

Here it is, for those who haven't seen Lee's rocket.

Bristol Rovers 0-1 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2013, 18:29   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Cheers seen it about 10 times now n still enjoying it.
Old 22-04-2013, 18:46   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMurphyisGOD View Post
Alright men?

I went down to the game yesterday & thought it was a decent performance. The back 4 were good and managed to limit Bristol Rovers to few chances. The midfield worked hard but didn't get much service to the lads up top. Got the result they wanted so fair play.

Thanks to the guys on the coach and in the pub afterwards who were very welcoming (even though I think we nicked someone's usual seat at the back!).

Cheers.
Your name says it all, Peter murphy is a god!! Great day out and get booked on the coach a few times next season

Top lads

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..