Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-09-2006, 18:58   #1
God Member

Budgetary Aims?

The club has gone on record previously as saying that they budget for worst case scenarios when previewing the season. From this I would assume that involves getting only one game in each cup competition entered. If that is the case, and I know there are a thousand and one things to put towards, is there a main aim that any surplus goes to?

Watford away may only have put about twenty grand extra into the pot and then there was prize money and TV rights for the first round Forest game on top. If this is unbudgeted money does go towards a transfer kitty or a roof or tarmacing the car parks etc etc?
Old 20-09-2006, 21:21   #2

Re: Budgetary Aims?

My veiw of it is that the club is swimming in money but frightened to spend it.

Nowt's been spent on the transfer front, the clayton end bar, yet companies are still "queing up to put money into the club".

In my opinion the club is understaffed and the staff that are here are overworked.
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2006, 21:55   #3
Super Moderator

The club is "swimming in money"? On our gates?? And what about the large-scale expenditure (about £200,000 I think) that was spent to get the ground up to football league standard?

They should definitely "cart on" with the Clayton End bar, though. At the moment, they're just letting money slip through their fingers in this respect.
Old 20-09-2006, 22:22   #4
God Member

my post aint a dig at the club rather it is a serious question. ie the money isn't there at the moment, apparently, to build a roof. But, if we had beaten Watford last night and got a more lucrative draw in the next round, would this money, being 'surplus' have gone towards fan appeasement?

As far as swimming in money is concerned, we will never know due to the lack of publishing accounts like they used to do when they were on the breadline. All we know is that wages could have doubled after promotion, but sponsorship went up fourfold in some respects and pretty much everything is booked up this season at least. We know that they spent £200k on ground improvements (unsightly but necessary improvements) but also that they were awarded £60k for winning the conference and £200k as dividend for the nationwide TV rights.

Prize money for this years FA Cup is £16k for winning the first round, £24k for the second and £40k for the third. As I said, if the budget is worked around playing only one game and losing then we would either 16, 40 or eighty thousand pound to the good for winning 1,2 or 3 FA Cup matches this year, regardless of the opposition. Add on highlights or live match fees and we would have the money for the roof. I'd let the club keep the gate money

We will never know the incomings and outgoings at our little club and for that reason we shall always speculate on our wealth or poverty.

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 20-09-2006 at 22:32. Reason: extra figures coming to light
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 13:16   #5
Junior Member+

Stanley Accounts1.jpg (146.2 KB)

This may help (if it works)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stanley Accounts1.jpg (146.2 KB, 71 views)
peel parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 13:40   #6
God Member

It helps only for those who can interpret a balance sheet. Would anyone wish to give a commentary?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 15:11   #7
Resting In Peace

It looks as though it is for the second season in the Conference, our first season full time. At the 31st May 2004 we had £106,830 in the bank but at the 31st May 2005 we only had £3,111 in the bank. During the financial year of 1st June 2003 to 31st May 2004 we made a profit of £229,311 but during the financial year of 1st June 2004 to 31st May 2005 we made a loss of £47,478. Looking at that it seems that we DEFINATELY CANNOT AFFORD A ROOF, so let's hope that people will stop demanding what we cannot afford. We don't want to get into debt and end up like we did in 1962 just for the sake of a roof. Maybe we did better in the year 1st June 2005 to 31st May 2006, if so, then that enabled us to make the necessary improvements for Football League standard.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 15:28   #8
God Member

I would suspect that the reduction in liquidity was mainly caused by a substancially higher wages bill arising from the switch to professionalism in the 04/05 season. It is also interesting to see that the club received a cash injection in the form of the increase in paid up share capital. Otherwise, there would have been alot less than nowt in the bank.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 15:47   #9
God Member

maybe it was a little underhand by somebody to publish that particular little nugget, but, we now have an answer to our demands. Although one could say that attendances were a little higher last year, plus prize monies, plus the television rights money etc, we now have a rough idea of where the club stands and why we dont have a roof.

If only somebody had shown us that information 12 months ago!
Old 22-09-2006, 17:29   #10

These balance sheets are available to anyone who contacts companies house, their is usually a fee approx £15 ish...

Not sure if the club would be comfortable with this ???

Personally i coundn't give a monkeys !!! A, i dont understand balance sheets and B, i have trust in our board of directors, they have done a good job for us speccys over the past 5 years.

Their is a good mixture of youth and experience on the board lets hope EW uses all the knowledge that's available to him.

Give us a green to pick weht taM up...
Give us a green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 21:34   #11
God Member

£9.95 would get you a full spec ........

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..