Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2006, 14:03   #1
God Member

The Chelsea Observer

A YOUNG soccer fan is wearing his football shirt with pride – thanks to the Observer..........

For those exiles and others who cannot read a hard copy of the Observer, here is the link so you can read the rest of it:

http://www.accringtonobserver.co.uk/...ave_shirt.html

Am I the only one who is thinking there is something wrong here? While this youngster can support who he wishes - at that age, most kids know no better - I would have thought that our local newspaper would be doing everything it can in support of Stanley. I am amazed therefore, that not only has it gone out of it's way to assist this brat & his mum, but it is running it as one of it's main stories. Surely it is bad enough with too many local kids supporting the Dingles & the Walkers, but Chelski as well? Where will it all end?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2006, 14:11   #2
Senior Member+

Re: The Chelsea Observer

I find that absolutely disgraceful. I understand that the child can choose his own team & that the observer will do whatever it can to help. What i don't like, is the fact that they're running it as 1 of their main stories. Shame on you Accrington Observer.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 14:44   #3
Senior Member+

*L*

i just find it hilarious - i would love to know who told him to get schevchenko's shirt - schevy hasnt really kicked off the chelseas careeer big style and i honestly doubt a kid that age wud know of his past aswell

ah well first it was the utd band wagon jumpers

adn the new generation are chelsea bandwagon jumpers
Old 22-09-2006, 14:48   #4
Senior Member+

He's the boy's hero !!!!!! Maybe he's been to all the milan home games. lol

Old 22-09-2006, 16:11   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
*L*

i just find it hilarious - i would love to know who told him to get schevchenko's shirt - schevy hasnt really kicked off the chelseas careeer big style and i honestly doubt a kid that age wud know of his past aswell

ah well first it was the utd band wagon jumpers

adn the new generation are chelsea bandwagon jumpers
Come on its just a kid, anyway plenty of bods jumped on the Stanley bandwagon.. last time I went was in the 90's and there were about 300 there! perhaps he wants to see proper football when he grows up and not have to watch from some souped up bus shelter watching a pub side play some farm hands!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 16:17   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie
perhaps he wants to see proper football when he grows up
When he grows up there may not be a chelsea. What happens when Abramovich gets bored. If he decides that in years to come that he's going to walk away, Chelski will be left with all those players on ridiculous wages. See Leeds for what could happen.

Old 22-09-2006, 16:23   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay
When he grows up there may not be a chelsea. What happens when Abramovich gets bored. If he decides that in years to come that he's going to walk away, Chelski will be left with all those players on ridiculous wages. See Leeds for what could happen.
Or Blackburn, 1995-2000
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 16:24   #8
God Member

I hate chelsea.. but thats the team kids talk about these days ,its just the way things are, Jack walker and Dalgliesh splashed plenty of dosh about in early 90's I'll bet you weren't to concerned for the future when you won the prem.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2006, 16:39   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie
I hate chelsea.. but thats the team kids talk about these days ,its just the way things are, Jack walker and Dalgliesh splashed plenty of dosh about in early 90's I'll bet you weren't to concerned for the future when you won the prem.
The difference is, that Jack Walker was a life long Rovers fan. The club was always going to be looked after financially after he sadly passed away.

Old 22-09-2006, 18:10   #10
God Member

Good grief...and that was the front page story ? Things must be very peaceful in Accrington town.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..