Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2015, 21:02   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Burton Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Funny, that. According to the Burton forum the ref had a good game! Proves he was a "homer".
I have another word fer him. They would say that seeing they got clean away wi crippling 2 of our lads.
Old 14-03-2015, 21:30   #17
Full Member+

Cool Re: Burton Match Thread

I have listened to JC after match interview in which he holds his hands up for the mistakes we made butthen he said we can't finish our chances. Did we just not let our top striker go out on loan to Northampton??? If your had the best interest of the club at heart John, You would recall James grey immediately and play him upfront with Terry Gornall. There are noticeable experienced people being left on the bench. Come clean John you allow a grudge against players who disagree with your tactics to be forced out. you need to get a grip and realise you and the club are in no position to lose the talent we have. So put the club first. It has become obvious that you have written off the season . Your choice of players have not performed as we all had hoped. so back to the drawing board and start with a clean sheet and forget your prejudices, I am fully behind the club, team and Manager. But I reserve the right to make my feelings known and I am prepared to have them challenged on this forum or face to face. After all we all have an opinion.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 22:25   #18

I have thought about commenting on the game today but at the game last Saturday it was brought to my attention that my post match posts seem to start with "I've been on the bevvy all day but...." so I might wait until tomorrow.

Nah, I've been on the bevvy most of the day and still haven't made it any further north than Preston but, in my opinion we were unlucky for large parts of today. The penalty was needless and I've no idea what Atkinson was doing but that was the only way they looked like scoring.

As it transpired they got another two but they looked like individual mistakes rather than poor tactics.

Yes, we might have done better with different players but we could also have done better with the ones we used with a bit more luck.

I'm no Coley disciple or hater but I wouldn't blame him for today.

I'd say we are safe and that will do me this season despite the fact the missus keeps reminding me stevenage are above us even though she was cheering Stanley today
AccyMad likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 23:58   #19
Senior Member+

Didn't go to the game today so cant comment too much but when Proc goes off, I presumed he would have put Coneeley at the back and push Crooks into CM to get a bit of presence.

People saying bring Nicky Hunt or Liddle on, Where do you play them? in CM to replace Proccy?
Old 15-03-2015, 09:03   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Didn't go to the game today so cant comment too much but when Proc goes off, I presumed he would have put Coneeley at the back and push Crooks into CM to get a bit of presence.

People saying bring Nicky Hunt or Liddle on, Where do you play them? in CM to replace Proccy?
Crooks remained in the middle of the back 3. It was difficult to work out what role Conneely had - maybe "static midfielder" would cover it. Liddle would have been the most suitable direct replacement - a player who can run and has vision.
Redraine and cashman like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 11:28   #21
God Member

Mr.Buxton is another, RR.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 11:29   #22
Senior Member+

Just watched the goals and everyone could and should have been dealt with.
Dont know what Rob was thinking as the new lad was behind him and would probably cleared it,or at least challenged.
The second was just experience,if you lose the ball on the half way line,dont go to ground as the lad still has to carry it a fair distance.
At 6-6 your not going to spring back up !!.
The second and third we just didn't engage them early enough and give them "thinking time".
Good news is there all fixable mistakes and by all accounts we played well so its bring on wycombe on Tuesday !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 12:18   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Mr.Buxton is another, RR.
Buxton wasn't even on the bench still injured? or another the master didn't sign?
Old 15-03-2015, 12:41   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Buxton wasn't even on the bench still injured? or another the master didn't sign?
Hes had a nightmare with injuries Cashy.
It doesn't help not having reserves or 21s to get him match fit.
its a tricky one as technically hes as good as anybody,and his strength is attacking,so you have to be fit to get back !
Coleys teams are ultra fit,(watch the warm ups!!).
Seen a few talented lads whose bodies just cant cope with what levels of fitness is required and drift out the pro game.
i hope Adams not one of them and only returns when he can showcase his talent.
Chrisr likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 13:37   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I watch the warm ups, also the subs warming up at half time, Whats obvious to me is all the other teams usually have trainers on wi em ours rarely if ever do. in fact half time yesterday our subs were just kicking the ball round to each other, Burtons subs had 2 trainers wi em instructing. that seems to be the norm
Chrisr likes this.
Old 15-03-2015, 14:24   #26
Full Member+

I have to agree with cashman that our warm up routine is not good. We should have trainers and physios on during warm up sessions, I don't know if we do warm down sessions either as they are just as important. I am an Adam Buxton fan, when he is on the attack we are good, he is a cut above some of our other players in terms of reading the game. I am not a Coley lover or hater I am sure he does do the best he can for the club. I am not convinced the board are pulling their weight. I still maintain we should have a home crowd of at least 2000 at home games. We do need some creative ways of thinking to bring people back to us. We are surrounded by too many higher division clubs. I said previously that within 1 Hours drive from Accrington how many football clubs can you list???
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2015, 16:03   #27

This has been said and what can the club do! I think it's impossible for us to have 2000 every home game unless we are in the playoffs, like last time, too many big teams around! Id love nothing more than to see 2000 fans cheering on the lads but realisticly it will not happen! I like Buxton also and hope he does come back stronger and in the side, think gray should be back with us playing alongside gornell but that will never happen! Am a coley fan with what he's done for the club but lots of things changed since he was last here and just not working at the moment
Old 15-03-2015, 17:26   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
...I don't know if we do warm down sessions either as they are just as important.
If you watch yesterday's post-match interview with Professor Coleman (which I was pleased to see/hear was a little more upbeat than some recent ones) you'll see some of Stanley's players warming down.
Unless they were the unused subs trying to get warmed-up for the bus ride home!
yonmon likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..