Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2015, 13:36   #1

Burton Match Thread

Team

Stanley v Burton: Davies, Atkinson, Crooks, Jones, Naismith, Joyce, Maguire, Procter, Mingoia, Windass, Gornell

Looks like 5 3 2
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2015, 14:31   #2

Re: Burton Match Thread

1 0 to burton, penalty after Atkinson hand ball..... Proccy subbed early as well with Connelly into midfield - we don't have much quality cover for central midfield
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 18:15   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Only difference between the top side n us, is the fact they finished their chances,imho, Proccy was injured in a very late tackle after 8 mins n the ref NEVER even spoke to the guy ridiculous imho. The 3 goals came from 3 mistakes 1 Atkinson stuck his hand up to a cross hed failed to head, Penalty Goal1, Later Crooks who had a good game, tried to be too clever n gave the ball away result led to Goal 2, game over, then McCarten gave ball away result Goal 3, Coneely came on fer Proccy, still aint figured out why as he was hopeless, Hunty n Liddle were on bench,
Old 14-03-2015, 18:31   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Coneely came on fer Proccy, still aint figured out why as he was hopeless, Hunty n Liddle were on bench,
Coley signed him, but not the other two. Simple.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 18:36   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Coley signed him, but not the other two. Simple.
Yer probably right, never even thought of that, Stupid sod i am. Mcguire missed n open goal wi the keeper no-where in the goal. would have made one hell of difference in my view if he had netted.

Last edited by cashman; 14-03-2015 at 18:40.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 19:02   #6

First away game for a few weeks and came way really disappointed at the performance (not the result - don't expect much going away to top of league).

Team selection and subs again questionable, I appreciate the genius wants his 'own' players in but surely it's his job is to use all his assets whether he actually likes them if not, for the good of the team?
cashman likes this.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 19:20   #7
Senior Member+

Missed the game today,didn't expect anything but has Piero dislocated his shoulder?,if so it's a massive blow
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 19:28   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Missed the game today,didn't expect anything but has Piero dislocated his shoulder?,if so it's a massive blow
Dunno it looked like he hurt it, but he continued n fer me was our most dangerous player once again.
FrankMoody likes this.
Old 14-03-2015, 19:40   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Dunno it looked like he hurt it, but he continued n fer me was our most dangerous player once again.
Top player with a big heart as well !!,need to get him signed up for next season
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 20:01   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Top player with a big heart as well !!,need to get him signed up for next season
It is a dislocated shoulder Colemans just said in his video. Agree wi him about the Burton fans, was bang out of order continuing to boo piero after he continued. Hope hes playing tuesday, think today will be put well behind us if he picks the right team.
Old 14-03-2015, 20:01   #11
Senior Member+

Agree with cashy. 3 mistakes = 3 goals. Both Atkinson and Crooks had good games - such a pity that their errors gifted 2 goals. I thought that young Jones played well too. The use of Conneely for Proccy made no sense whatsoever. How we missed Proccy - our midfield was non-existent. I had forgotten Maguire was playing until he missed that open goal.

I just cannot understand why our messiah seems to view what happens on the pitch with almost total indifference - unless it gives him a chance to speak to the officials. His sidekick did offer very occasional advice to the team until we went 2 - 0 down and then he disappeared. Contrast that with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and his assistant who were on the edge of their technical area throughout the game offering encouragement and giving advice.

It goes without saying that the officials were poor yet again.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 20:08   #12
God Member

It's a few years since I've been to Burton, in fact it was their old ground when we won the Peter Swailes trophy the season before we got promoted from the Unibond - wasn't impressed with their fans then & today hasn't changed my opinion of them one jot.
The score line definitely flattered Albion today, hope Proccy's injury isn't too bad but how their player got off scot free for it I'll never know
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 20:38   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
.... how their player got off scot free for it I'll never know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
. ..It goes without saying that the officials were poor yet again.
QED
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 20:48   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
It's a few years since I've been to Burton, in fact it was their old ground when we won the Peter Swailes trophy the season before we got promoted from the Unibond - wasn't impressed with their fans then & today hasn't changed my opinion of them one jot.
The score line definitely flattered Albion today, hope Proccy's injury isn't too bad but how their player got off scot free for it I'll never know
The little fat liner had a much better view than the ref n never even flagged it.
Old 14-03-2015, 20:59   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post

It goes without saying that the officials were poor yet again.
Funny, that. According to the Burton forum the ref had a good game! Proves he was a "homer".
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..