Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2011, 22:14   #91
God Member

Re: Burton Thread

well you'd have thought so.

who dropped your leaflets off?
Old 15-03-2011, 22:21   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
well you'd have thought so.

who dropped your leaflets off?
Mick did, but it wasn't a case of just dropping in with them, we were asked if we could display them during a conversation about something else.

If they were delivered on the Gold Bond round wouldn't that be logical ? Did anybody else get out and about with them ?

For what it's worth people did actually notice them, as I posted earlier we had a few enquiries. Maybe a lesson to be learned ?
Old 15-03-2011, 22:48   #93
God Member

indeed. Your right it would make sense to deliver them whilst out and about on the Gold Bond route - but also there are many other places that would possibly take them (like yourselves and the Oaklea) who just dont bother doing the Gold Bond. There are many things that could be done, regarding advertising games, that aren't. Some cost money and some dont. But until this club gets its thumb out of its arse and starts to see that the world doesn't owe it anything and you have to work and earn things, then it wont get anywhere with half arsed promotions like tonight.
Old 15-03-2011, 23:48   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Mick did, but it wasn't a case of just dropping in with them, we were asked if we could display them during a conversation about something else.

If they were delivered on the Gold Bond round wouldn't that be logical ? Did anybody else get out and about with them ?

For what it's worth people did actually notice them, as I posted earlier we had a few enquiries. Maybe a lesson to be learned ?
from far away notts well done dave and without getting too precious are there not other people around accy that could do the same
Old 16-03-2011, 02:55   #95
God Member

Back to the thread title...

BRILLIANT, just brilliant Well done STANLEY.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 05:21   #96
God Member

A pretty poor first half followed by a good second half performance which in turn lifted the crowd.

A good three points

A big well done to players, management & staff for keeping it moving forward in what has been difficult circumstances

Didn't see the setup for the selling of merchandise in the main stand a simple yet a good idea and hopefully a bit of a income generator for the Club.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 07:18   #97

"A good second half performance which in turn lifted the crowd".

Just a quick note re some of the 'so called fans' near the dugouts.

3 nil up, playing some good passing football and still you have a group of 'Duds'

abusing JC & JB about way we are playing' (also 1 or 2 from the freeloaders box.

Oops sorry meant Directors Box).

Perhaps just letting 'anyone' in for a fiver, not such a good idea
Old 16-03-2011, 07:49   #98
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Casper View Post

3 nil up, playing some good passing football and still you have a group of 'Duds'

abusing JC & JB about way we are playing' (also 1 or 2 from the freeloaders box.

Pathetic. A stirring performance from the Reds last night with 5 or 6 candidates for man of the match. Gornell for me, for a non stop show of aggression. I haven't seen him rough up the defenders so much before. He seems to be growing physically match by match and is becoming a real handful. Good to see Deano getting forward and blasting a shot into the goalie which was too hot to handle. lets hope he does it more often. Very happy with our progress this season!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 08:14   #99
God Member

Quote:

As the directors don't sit there is that where the match sponsors sit ?

In which case they would be freeloaders at the council tax payers expense
Old 16-03-2011, 08:19   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Gornell for me, for a non stop show of aggression. I haven't seen him rough up the defenders so much before. He seems to be growing physically match by match and is becoming a real handful.

His work rate was exceptional. Unlucky with some of the offside decisions in the second half too, I was sat in line with a few of them and they were definately wrong. Deserved a goal
Old 16-03-2011, 08:24   #101
Senior Member+

I have to sgree with Billy Casper regarding the dug-out incident,I couldnt believe what I was hearing !!!,these so called fans were shouting "just kick it " and "boot it up field", went the team were playing it out from the back ! , unbelievable ,
The tatics changed this week,and they were drawing burtons midfielders in,which in-turn gave Gornell and Craney more space to work in.
Coleman eventually blew his top as these so called (clueless) fans started shouting "we pay your wages!".
Regarding the game,I thought Acci set a fast tempo all over the pitch and Burton couldnt live with it.
You have to give credit to the fitness of the team,bearing in mind the amount of games played.
Thought Gornell gave there defenders a rough ride and the defence never gave them a sniff, all in all a very good performance.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 08:29   #102

Quote:
"A good second half performance which in turn lifted the crowd".

The reason for the frustration was that we know John & Jimmy like to play out from the back,but some of Cisaks roll outs were to Hessey when he was quickly closed down,and had no option but to launch it!! When this is done properly the full backs make the angles,and gives options and the midfield link player,makes himself available,on too many occasions this didn't happen so the ball was launched forward,which lead to the shouts of why doesn't Cisak utilise his good kicking and launch it!!
Old 16-03-2011, 08:32   #103
God Member

Typical, I miss a 4 goal thriller by the sounds of it, just seen the goals on sky, thought proccys shot was superb.

Thanks to Dan, Sparkie and Mab for the updates.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 08:33   #104
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Coleman eventually blew his top as these so called (clueless) fans started shouting "we pay your wages!".

Suprsied JC wasn't quick enought to say 'when'
Old 16-03-2011, 08:43   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
As the directors don't sit there is that where the match sponsors sit ?

In which case they would be freeloaders at the council tax payers expense
I wasn't one of them Dave. At the other side of the ground,and I paid to get in.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..