Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2011, 08:47   #106
Resting in Peace

Re: Burton Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
His work rate was exceptional. Unlucky with some of the offside decisions in the second half too, I was sat in line with a few of them and they were definately wrong. Deserved a goal
How could you see all that from your seat at'Turf??
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2011, 08:54   #107
Senior Member+

I have to disagree Lancs Dave , The keeper was always looking to give it to Hessey and even when he got pressed he just laid it back and looked to start again,how many times did he give it away against how many attacks he started?,
Good footballers want the ball even when there pressed,its the fans that panic !!!,shouldnt discourage them from trying to play in those areas lol
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 08:58   #108
Senior Member+

sorry lancs dave ,it should have been to fourth offical
Old 16-03-2011, 09:02   #109
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
He was actually at the Crown last night with StanleyMad. Cheers for the lift up from town, Dave.
Old 16-03-2011, 10:05   #110
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
You have to give credit to the fitness of the team,bearing in mind the amount of games played.
fully agree. The most impressive aspect of the game for me was that even with 90 on the clock we were still going 100% for every ball and running Burton into corners and panic (as in Craney's goal).

Full marks
Old 16-03-2011, 10:14   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I have to disagree Lancs Dave , The keeper was always looking to give it to Hessey and even when he got pressed he just laid it back and looked to start again,how many times did he give it away against how many attacks he started?,
Good footballers want the ball even when there pressed,its the fans that panic !!!,shouldnt discourage them from trying to play in those areas lol
football19 - Please can you explain'looked to start again',as for the most when he was closed down,he went long as had no other option,as the full backs didn't drop off, one instance in the second half ,Cisak had a great opportunity to roll out to Jacobson,but he had his back to him !! We all watch different games,but I just thought last night that the movement from the full backs/other centre half/midfield link player ,wasn't quick enough to play from the back.Admittedly the surface didn't help.
Old 16-03-2011, 11:30   #112
God Member

Quote:

Who says blokes can't multi-task
Old 16-03-2011, 12:39   #113
Dan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Exactly... Reporting on football AND eating a pie!

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2011, 13:05   #114
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Not me, but being in 2 places at once is something else!
Not keen on Mr Howe, Dave?
Old 16-03-2011, 13:19   #115
God Member

Quote:
Not me, but being in 2 places at once is something else!
Not keen on Mr Howe, Dave?
No real opinion yet. Purely down to cost and a CBA attitude gave my vote to my adopted 2nd club
Old 16-03-2011, 13:21   #116
Resting in Peace

Quote:
No real opinion yet. Purely down to cost and a CBA attitude gave my vote to my adopted 2nd club
Good on you!
Old 16-03-2011, 13:27   #117
Senior Member+

Fourth official,I totally disagree with your observations,Burton played 4-3-3,therefore Accis fullbacks were both nearly on the touchlines to enable the centrebacks to split and one hopefully receiving the ball ( normally hessey),this then brings joycey into play as the link player or the fullback comes into play if his man chases the CB down.
Because of the tempo acci set (acknowledged by there manager), with fast movement of the ball,burton struggled to get into the game.
"starting again" is just a phrase used when using your keeper as a link,ie,ball goes from CB to keeper,to other CB,sometimes even man utd have to go long when the oppositions forwards do well,plus the pitch doesnt help,(ask there keeper,bet he wished he had gone back to the CB ),
On this occasion i think we will agree to disagree !!!
Old 16-03-2011, 20:39   #118
God Member

Smile Re: Burton Thread

Workman like performance last night, good games for Proc, Jimmy, Phil, Hess, but great game for Terry, he ran his heart out, pressured opponents, which in turn made goals for others. Agree with Redraine, Terry looks bigger and is stronger, would just like him to find the back of the net again, as since his new song - he hasn't!!!!

Bring on The Vale

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 05:31   #119
Senior Member+

Another solid performance, Burton looked a poor side but dont take anything away from Coley and the lads.

Craney had his best game in a red shirt since his return for me, as did Gornell. His build up play for the proccy goal was just superb.

Another cracking 3 points, roll on the visit of Vale on Saturday, massive game!!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2011, 09:40   #120
Senior Member+

It's good to see Phil's and Proccy's goals on the 90 seconds of League 2 highlights on the BBC Football page.

And, if you go to the top right of their League 2 page, you can access nearly two minutes of the match.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..