Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2011, 18:48   #16
God Member

Re: Burton Thread

We huffed & puffed first half and got cut apart with a neat through ball which should have been covered.

Second half there was much more of a cutting edge with Amond & Fletcher working the channels really well and pushing onto the Burton back four, superb ball from Deano for Wes's goal and what a cracker it was neat take & a great finish that eluded both defender & keeper.

More positives with the return of Danny Coid who if he can stay fit will be a big player for us this season, good performances all over the pitch and a really good result and well deserved one in the end against a decent footballing side.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-08-2011, 19:37   #17
Dan
Senior Member+

Here you go friends -

Apologies that he appears to be looking off to the side - I was chief cameraman and interviewer today and didn't want to dig holes in Buzzer's lovely pitch with the tripod!

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 20:40   #18
Junior Member+

Enjoyed my day out at Accrington as always, apart from the result that is.
A pretty lacklustre game,you probably deserved it after what I assume was a bit of a rollicking by Mr Coleman at half time

We'll learn to hold on to a lead one of these days.

Good luck for the rest of the season
Earwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 21:08   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earwig View Post
Enjoyed my day out at Accrington as always, apart from the result that is.
A pretty lacklustre game,you probably deserved it after what I assume was a bit of a rollicking by Mr Coleman at half time

We'll learn to hold on to a lead one of these days.

Good luck for the rest of the season
cheers fella with all of your fire power up front in zola and richards amd now billy and all the ex and current derby players i'm sure you will have your best season to date
Old 27-08-2011, 21:13   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Don't think yeh got much to worry about earwig, Burton should do ok imho.
Old 28-08-2011, 10:11   #21
God Member

Smile Re: Burton Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Well I said I was 100% confident the lads would give a more committed performance and that's exactly what we got.

Thought Proccy covered every blade of grass out there today and was my personal MOM.

Fletcher, 1 chance, 1 goal, says alot about his finishing quality.

Thought Coid wasnt fully fit, but still put in a good shift, will be some player once he's 100% and fully firing.

Almond looked half decent up front, nice to have a few options up there

Thought the game itself could have gone either way, but a win is a win as they say.

Well done Coley and the lads.
I have to agree with Smudgie about Proc, he was immense yet again yesterday and it was at times only he who had any urgency about him!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2011, 10:56   #22
Senior Member+

Thats a good point about Charlie when he came on.nice composure,let the ball do the work,and looked up for it.
Was fearing he may have a strop on,but he didnt and looked class.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2011, 13:08   #23

Interesting to see Guthrie wasnt even in the squad yesterday.... needs to learn a bit about the way football is played at this level and i think he can do well. Got a good amount of attacking options in the side now aswell once it all settles

AccyAggro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2011, 13:10   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I get the feeling we'll see a totally different Stanley today, hopefully with the debut of Coid (Stanley Legend) and a team that is hungry to right the wrongs of last week.
And that we did Everything's been said already here football-wise.

I'd just like to ad that beating Burton Albion will never, ever get old for me.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2011, 13:12   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyAggro View Post
Interesting to see Guthrie wasnt even in the squad yesterday.... needs to learn a bit about the way football is played at this level and i think he can do well. Got a good amount of attacking options in the side now aswell once it all settles
agree wi that, fer me the kid has potential, but certainly needs to learn his trade at league level n hopefully realise it. twas a big step up fer one so young imho.
Old 28-08-2011, 22:33   #26

interesting to see what you lads say about Guthrie - just hope that if potential continues to be shown Stanley will extend his contract before any danger of predators offering big bucks to him. Looking forward to the day that finances allow John 'n Jimmy to take this sort of decision if they so choose.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2011, 22:34   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just thought was worth a mention, in spite of all the rain we had this this month,thought the pitch looked great,in fact best ive ever seen it, Well done to all involved.
Old 29-08-2011, 09:01   #28
Senior Member+

You must be a mindreader cashy!!,the pitch is first class now,top marks to those involved,and makes for a better game.
PS what happened to the ultras flags??,someone lost the shed key?
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 21:50   #29
Senior Member+

Went to match and was quite heartened by improved display. I liked the play of the two lads up front, Fletcher and Amond. Both put in a lot of effort similar in some ways to the efforts of Gornell last season. These two could be even more effective because they were encouraged to play as a "two" up front rather Gornell as a lone front man. Coley and Jimmy have tried one or two combinations in the defence and up front but I do have hopes that the pattern of the team is now shaping up nicely. It will be hard to match the super passing football of last season which, in truth, did take a couple of seasons to develop but there are signs of better, slicker teamwork already. The lads who stayed from last season have started to show confidence in the new players and it could well be that the mangers are turning the corner again and seem to have the seeds of another good team. They have done it so many times, I have the faith and belief that they can do it again. Give it time and keep on supporting the team that now wear the Red and White of Stanley this season. Last season is history already and of course we should be proud of the acievements but now we must look to the future. Sing, shout, wave the flags and blow the horns to show our support and lets prove all the doubters wrong once again. Come on Stanley.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2011, 21:56   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

choirboy, reckon yeh nailed it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..