Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2011, 20:00   #1
Dan
Senior Member+

Burton Thread

Howdy all
Just bringing together match stuff...

Preview - ASFC News Story > 4252

Louis Moult looks ahead -

For anybody that doesn't know, you can follow the game live (and comment and ask questions too) here - livetext

Ta
Dan

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-08-2011, 08:35   #2
Dan
Senior Member+

Re: Burton Thread

Also a little look at today's programme for those interested - ASFC News Story > 4256

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 11:43   #3
God Member

Good stuff Dan, cheers for those. Louis seems a canny chap, looking forward to seeing him play.

I get the feeling we'll see a totally different Stanley today, hopefully with the debut of Coid (Stanley Legend) and a team that is hungry to right the wrongs of last week.

A Morecambe fan said on another forum that the worst time to play Stanley is after a battering.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 11:54   #4
Senior Member+

After guessing the team against port vale,i will have another go!!
1-4-2-3-1 system
Murdoch
murphy
hess
longy
deano
joycey holding
charlie holding
proccy
coid
fletcher
new lad(irish)
Based on good reports from the liverpool mid-week game !!
craney comes on and scores the winner !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 11:59   #5
God Member

Would've thought Bavs will start, no?
Old 27-08-2011, 13:27   #6
God Member

Stanley line-up: (4-2-3-1) Murdoch, Winnard, Long, Hessey, McIntyre, Joyce, Procter, Fletcher, Craney, Coid, Amond

Not impressed with McIntyre over Murphy but hey ho. Come on Accy. Right I best get a jog on...
Old 27-08-2011, 14:16   #7
Senior Member+

BBC:
'7:24 Sean Hessey is penalised for a handball. Kevin Long takes the free kick.'

Last edited by MikeA; 27-08-2011 at 14:22.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 16:19   #8

And that'll do it.

Pretty dull game, neither side really got into it and the atmosphere wasn't the best the Crown ground has seen - attendance of ~1300

Good goal by Fletcher for the winner against a team that game playing for a draw.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 16:20   #9
Senior Member+

Good result, looking forward to the informed analysis from those of you who were there ....
Old 27-08-2011, 16:27   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

good result against what i regard a useful side, thought McIntyre was at fault fer the Burton goal, backing off n gave him acres of space, Fletcher scored a real cracker, n look forward to the partnership wi him n the new paddy who looked very useful n i thought probably deserved MoM. Coid was ok, but suspect very injury prone.overall the second half performance looked promising.
Old 27-08-2011, 17:16   #11
Senior Member+

Well I said I was 100% confident the lads would give a more committed performance and that's exactly what we got.

Thought Proccy covered every blade of grass out there today and was my personal MOM.

Fletcher, 1 chance, 1 goal, says alot about his finishing quality.

Thought Coid wasnt fully fit, but still put in a good shift, will be some player once he's 100% and fully firing.

Almond looked half decent up front, nice to have a few options up there

Thought the game itself could have gone either way, but a win is a win as they say.

Well done Coley and the lads.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 18:09   #12
Senior Member+

There's a decent report on Burton's site:
Burton Albion | Match | Match Report | 27 August 2011, Accrington Stanley 2 - 1 Burton Albion
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 18:23   #13
Resting in Peace

Not to take anything away from Joyce, who had a great game, but I do agree with Smudgie about Proccy, who gave a true captain's performance and looked like he would have gone through a brick wall to get that ball. I thought Fletcher missed 2 reasonable chances in the first half, but 1 out of 3 is damn good anyway, and his link-up play with Amond looks like developing into something special. I don't know what Coley said at half time, but in the second half we looked a different team and always looked to me like we could get the win. Well done, Coley, using his subs to keep the momentum going. He seems to have turned over a new leaf from last season. I thought Charlie made a difference when he came on, with good ball retention and making some telling passes. If he can keep that going for a full 90 minutes I would prefer him to Craney, who once again looked a shadow of his former self. Can't imagine why Coid wasn't playing full back, though - he was brilliant at both left back and right back at Morecambe, but what do I know? We seem to have some good options all over the pitch now, especially with the new arrivals still to bed in, and I don't know about Guthrie and Taylor being injured - they were doing some serious sustained sessions around the pitch perimiter before kick off. Made up for Deano! Does he always score against Burton?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 18:43   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree wi smudge n redraine, proccy gave a real captains performance no doubt, but thats his job.
Old 27-08-2011, 18:44   #15
Senior Member+

Was interested how it would go today,changing our formation,two new debutants,fletcher playing in the three etc..and it went ok.
Make no mistake,there not a bad team,and are very strong in the forwards.
Thats why i thought Long was my m.o.m ,despite getting done for the goal(good arcing run by richards).
As the game panned out,it was like a game of chess,both sides probing and creating half decent chances.
Couple of things that didnt work for me,when proccy was moved into the three,he seemed lost and Craney was clearly not 100% fit.
Liked the look of Coid(who wasnt 100% fit),so a big rap for the other lads who worked hard to fill in the gaps.
Centre forward did well for his first start,running the channels and creating space for others.
Deano scored and played a 50 yard pass for the winner,so i better mention him!!!,but it was a great finish from fletcher,who grew into that role as the game progressed.
Finally,i think three words some up were we are at,following the comings and going this season, "work in progress!",just keep the faith
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..