Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2006, 19:21   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Bury Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins
yeh we were getting beat to many times in the air so its simple take a smaller player off put a taller one on should have been cav going off and phil being pushed to right back though...cavs seems to be getting beat to many times this season imo

another good away point if we can gte the 3 at home on the return trip then i would be happy
I couldn't agree more, Cav is getting skinned far to many times this season and goals have come from it, boston's goal and bury's second..He seems a yard slow but hopefully it is just a confidence thing and he can come back with a bang...We also look very weak from crosses, however when welchy came on he won everything..We have a very tough run of games now agaisnt league contenders..We need to be tight and take our chances more then ever now..come on accy...
Old 28-09-2006, 21:41   #62
God Member

I admire Coleys loyalty to his players who have won him things but sometimes you've gotta let players sit one out. Edwards has been fantastic when he's got in but he doesn't win much in the air cos he's a full back! Leam and Sun bed at full back. Welch and A N Other at centre back. Rocky has improved since the start of the season when he looked out of his depth. N'da deserves chances. New bloke? Dunno. Tretts when he is fit has got to start earning his season and a halfs worth of wages for nowt. I fear for Danny Ventre as he got a chance at Notts County and appeared to be made a scapegoat.
Old 28-09-2006, 21:57   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
I admire Coleys loyalty to his players who have won him things but sometimes you've gotta let players sit one out. Edwards has been fantastic when he's got in but he doesn't win much in the air cos he's a full back! Leam and Sun bed at full back. Welch and A N Other at centre back. Rocky has improved since the start of the season when he looked out of his depth. N'da deserves chances. New bloke? Dunno. Tretts when he is fit has got to start earning his season and a halfs worth of wages for nowt. I fear for Danny Ventre as he got a chance at Notts County and appeared to be made a scapegoat.
Erm, I think this is what I was trying to say on an earlier thread,yes, you've got to admire Coley's loyalty, but it's time we know about N'Da, one way or another. Rocky, I think, has been outstanding since he adopted a no-nonsense approach, but there's too many crosses coming in.

Have to wait and see what Coley decides.

Thought the lads were brilliant on Tuesday, and really battered them in injury time, 5 mins of "Come on Stanley", hands still sore and no voice.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 22:09   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give us a green
Oh and yes it's true.... Bury do have a lot of Main Stand Moaners who did nothing but slag Chris Casper and his team off .
I work with 3 of them, who were all on 12 hour nights, and hence not there, a more miserable set of "supporters" you could not meet; one of them rejoices in the nickname "Dark Cloud".

God help Bury if they go down.

Old 28-09-2006, 22:13   #65
God Member

I was well impressed with the Stanley support on tuesday. Not just the Ultras but the whole end. That last five minutes or so when the entire crowd seemed to join in was magic. It will be a long time til we hear that again I fear.

Somebody else commented earlier that the Ultras should stand in the middle (Redraine post 27) so that more people will join in. Tried and failed I'm afraid. Many people have commented that they dont want to sing. All I can suggest is that if you a wannabe singer then wait til the Ultras are in position and then get as close as you can. It wont always be that packed on an away end and the Ultras will be central and you will be able to join in.

Personally I cant wait until the next time we have a large following and a big game so that we can hear that roar again. Rochdale away should be designated a public holiday. Plan the exodus now.

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 28-09-2006 at 22:17.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 22:14   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy
I work with 3 of them, who were all on 12 hour nights, and hence not there, a more miserable set of "supporters" you could not meet; one of them rejoices in the nickname "Dark Cloud".

God help Bury if they go down.
At least they'll be able to take their 1500 to Northwich and Alty next season bank holidays!
Old 28-09-2006, 22:15   #67
God Member

two more years until the FC United v Bury derby is it?
Old 28-09-2006, 22:22   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
two more years until the FC United v Bury derby is it?
Who'll be the landlord?

Old 29-09-2006, 00:04   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
I was talking about mthead and Tinks
I was there as well!

Mind you i was the quiet one!

By the way my brother was at the match on tuesday bumped into him there and he ended up sitting with us. He was mightily impressed with the singing - he said it was like being back in the 70's at blackburn v burnley! Singing for 95mins. We were talking to some friends of ours tonight and i said we'd been to bury on tues night and bro said the singing was for 95 mins. He'd also been to rovers tonight with his daughter and he said when the score was 0-0 it was going quieter and quieter and tension was building nothing like it was on tuesday. He preferred the atmosphere at the accy stanley match than at rovers tonight.

Last edited by shillelagh; 29-09-2006 at 00:09.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 07:59   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy
Erm, I think this is what I was trying to say on an earlier thread,yes, you've got to admire Coley's loyalty, but it's time we know about N'Da, one way or another.
This seems to be about the tenth time I've said this on here:

Foyle looks to be above N'Da in the centre half pecking order. He ALWAYS plays there in the reserve games. Julien plays in midfield unless there's no other defenders available. I expect he features on the bench as, like Phil, he can cover more than one position, which is very handy in a substitute. Foyle is better in the air & a good organiser, so may be worth a try when Coley thinks he's ready. Welchy's good against the big attackers, but Phil is faster, and that's going to be more important against some sides.

Next wo games will certainly be a severe test for the defence - here's hoping Wycombe's bubble's burst, & Wise leaves Swindon for Leeds next week!!
Arkwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 11:02   #71
Junior Member+

we wont go down, we got quality in the side and if we sort our problems out at the back we'll be fine we look going forward but like yourselves are weak at the back, your forward line is the best ive seen this this season, an ive seen the likes of mk dons, darlington and shrewsbury, ithink we'll both be fine, your you in december, how many does your away end hold?
shaker_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 16:08   #72

You might have sung for 95 mins but I was at the other end of the ground and could not here you. Honestly. You made a fine noise when you scored the second but apart from that I thought you were quiet. Not having a go, that was just the way it was. Maybe I should get me ears looked at. Some of your fans have said we were quiet but it was a good atmosphere where I was. Oh well. Good luck at Whycombe tomorrow. By the way what is your nick name?
Shaker Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2006, 16:23   #73
God Member

' the reds '
Old 29-09-2006, 17:05   #74
God Member

[quote=Arkwright]Foyle looks to be above N'Da in the centre half pecking order. He ALWAYS plays there in the reserve games. [quote]

are you his dad cause i dont think i have seen a post from you which doesnt say foyle is better than N'Da?????
Old 29-09-2006, 19:24   #75

[quote=John_Timmins][quote=Arkwright]Foyle looks to be above N'Da in the centre half pecking order. He ALWAYS plays there in the reserve games.
Quote:

are you his dad cause i dont think i have seen a post from you which doesnt say foyle is better than N'Da?????
I've seen his Dad post on here, so can I say that any family resemblance is purely co-incidental!!

It's just that I was impressed with the lad in the later friendlies, but some of the discussions about the defence suggest that Julien is the only option we have. There's him & the new lad Bains who could easily develop into decent players for Stanley, and I think are worth a mention. Touch wood, the good luck we're having with injuries at the moment mean that we keen keep a settled side which will get it's act together.
Arkwright is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..