Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2013, 23:28   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Cheltenham Towm Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Gray was thrice the player Beattie was today. By virtue of his runnign and effort and chasing every ball I'd play Gray every game. If Amond can step up to that then I'd play him as well.
But, Macca, Gray didn't score! I agree he had a great game but it's all about putting the ball in the net. As for Amond, you must be joking. He never managed to get on the ball once in spite of coming on supposedly full of energy. But that's how he always has been, and his strike rate is abysmal. It's just a pity Carver wasn't on the bench instead. He has never had a decent chance to show what he can do, in spite of looking full of promise at the back end of last season.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2013, 23:38   #32
Full Member+

For my two penneth....

That was the sort of performance we have to replicate another 13 times between now and the end of the season. It had energy, drive, belief and I'm sure that the Cheltenham boss must be thanking the footballing gods that they went back South with a point.

Beattie to me had a good game. He has his detractors on here, however he knows where the net is and showed it emphatically twice today. Their keeper also made three or four damn good saves and on another day we could have won that game comfortably.

The show rolls on to Rochdale now. Play like that on Tuesday and we'll come back with three points.

New guy (Linghazi ???) looks good, though I'd stop short of throwing him in the starting line up on Tuesday. I'd struggle to find fault with any of the effort on display today from the starting 11.

As a former manager ( who I'm quite positive is having some background input to our current plight and Leam's thinking ) used to say....

Keep the faith. Another 13 displays of that calibre and the wins will arrive along with the required points for safety.

Negative thinking will only get negative results. Get behind the team and cheer the lads onwards to safety. There's worse sides in this league and come the final table at the end of the season, I'm quite positive at least two of them will be below Stanley.
Wynonie Harris likes this.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 23-02-2013 at 23:47.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 00:27   #33

I came up from Cirencester today and I must say you played well - far better than your position in the league suggests. You also played well at our place earlier in the season. We played poorly again today and were lucky to get a point.

Just wanted to say that I think Stanley are a great, friendly club and I'm amazed how you survive on the gates that you get. I really hope you stay up; with passionate fans like yours, you certainly deserve to. Good luck! ( and please stop taking so many points off us!!)
Beefheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 07:23   #34
Senior Member+

Forgot to mention the referee, who was appalling, I can see why he got sacked from the Premier League list.

Two of his decision's led to their goals, simple. The penalty really was beyond a joke. That Taylor really is a scumbag of a player, anyone else remember his right hook against Symes when he was at Rochdale a few years ago??? Disgusting player.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 08:41   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Improvement in performance, but not in the result.

1 win in 17 is a shocking stat, but hopefully if we play like that vs Rochdale we should pick up 3 points and move closer to the 50 mark.

The one thing Beattie does do is to draw the attention of the opposition team.
They put alot of focus on him no matter how bad he is playing because of his name and reputation, whch in theory should free up space for the other players to influence the game.
That is about the most sense you have posted on here for a while although I will say, cut out the negativity. I agree as most would with the stat of 1 win in 17 but is it really necessary to put it on this or any thread. Be happy that the team got a point yesterday and should really have won apart from some dodgy refereeing and antics akin to a swimming pool (from what I have heard/seen).
I say well done to the team and look forward to Tuesday night (when I can go and will go), cheer the whole team and management on an who knows what might happen.
Yesterday, however, apart from the ref and CTFC players, we were also let down by Dagenham, Fleetwood and Morecambe for not doing there bit. If AFC Wimbledon can win away, so can we. Here's to cheering the team on on Tuesday.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 11:10   #36
Senior Member+

There seems to be a determination in the team and Linganzi seems to fit the bill .Leam has assembled a tough looking team,with Hughes,hunt,Wilson and no team playing Acci will be given a easy ride.
Think Paul Mullin would had a field day with these lads behind him.
Feeling very optimistic and looking forward to " the great escape" KTF
AccyMad likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 12:58   #37
Full Member+

Mention of Paul Mullin makes me wonder if he'd have got the stick that Beattie has on this thread if he'd hung around the penalty spot all afternoon and then bagged two.Think not. Beattie has never been the most mobile player even in his younger days, let alone at 35. However he did show the young 'three times' better striker how to take a goal
smudgie likes this.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 13:21   #38
Senior Member+

Well said Reamer.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 16:08   #39
Senior Member+

It was ironic when talking to Valarian during the match,that Grey was on his heels when crosses were coming in and I was urging him to take a change and get across his man.Up popped Beattie,got across his man and scores!,no substitute for class!!!.
His second was fantastic technique as well.
He is a class player,but is finding it tough to get upto speed,but class always tells in the end,remember my prediction,he scores to keep us up !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 16:48   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
It was ironic when talking to Valarian during the match,that Grey was on his heels when crosses were coming in and I was urging him to take a change and get across his man.Up popped Beattie,got across his man and scores!,no substitute for class!!!.
His second was fantastic technique as well.
He is a class player,but is finding it tough to get upto speed,but class always tells in the end,remember my prediction,he scores to keep us up !!
Just a pity that you spent the second half in your usual seat, when Beattie took that ball on his knee, it had goal written all over it!!!

Good to meet up with you and you - and your wife - must come and stand with us again

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 22:07   #41
Senior Member+

Been very busy since the match on Saturday but just read all the positive comments on this post.... and that is what we need now! I agree that it was a much improved performance from the team. They played their hearts out and they were all pretty knackered at the end of the match, which is as they should be of course! With that extra bit of luck, that we are just not getting, we could have won by a couple of goals.
I watched the video observations by Leam and Beatts and the positivity was clearly reflected there too. Well done James Beatty, you answered some of the recent negativity exactly in the right way by scoring a couple of goals...the second goal, in front of us in the Clayton End, was absolutely hammered into the roof of the net!!!! More please!!!
I thought the fans were brilliant too on Saturday and I am sure that the players and Leam could feel that we were being a great twelfth man. I think that the more continuous singing also helped to maintain the players efforts right up to the final whistle.
D'Urso was very poor throughout the match, although for their penalty there was definite contact as I heard a clear boot to boot contact. However, it was still a harsh penalty as their lad was never going to keep the ball in play anyway!
What was great was how our boys lifted themseleves and kept the momentum going and got back in the match! Well done guys!
As others have said the new lad Lingazi looks very promising in midfield. He has good physique allied with skill and he is not afraid to take a player on.
Keep the Faith everybody and remain positive. Get 100% behind the team and mangement and we will achieve safety. I've said it before...staying in the football league for a club as small as ours is a simply phenominal achievement and is like winning a trophy!!!
KEEP THE FAITH...ON STANLEY ON
Roll on Tuesday ... 3 points for us at the Dale against the "Ex Reds".

Last edited by choirboy; 24-02-2013 at 22:11.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 00:39   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
Mention of Paul Mullin makes me wonder if he'd have got the stick that Beattie has on this thread if he'd hung around the penalty spot all afternoon and then bagged two.Think not. Beattie has never been the most mobile player even in his younger days, let alone at 35. However he did show the young 'three times' better striker how to take a goal
Paul Mullin never did hang around the penalty spot though did he ?

I've said on the Beattie thread that perhaps I was a bit hasty to criticise him so I'll put that one to bed, no point being negative where there's not really a need for it.

But on the odd occasions when Mullers did have a bad game it was usually forgotten because he worked damned hard every single game and had earned the right to a bad game.
pyjamarama likes this.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 21:52   #43
Full Member+

[QUOTE=maccawozzagod;1043757]Paul Mullin never did hang around the penalty spot though did he ?

No, course he didn't, Macca

...but let's be realistic, he wasn't performing at 35 like he was at 22. Similarly James Gray will not be charging around like he did on saturday at 35
Old 25-02-2013, 23:35   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
re: Paul Mullin

...but let's be realistic, he wasn't performing at 35 like he was at 22.

absolutely not, he was slumming it in the North West Counties ...
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2013, 18:29   #45
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
absolutely not, he was slumming it in the North West Counties ...

very good !

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..