Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 18:13   #1

Clayton End Roof or League Status

It could come to a choice.
Along with everybody else I was pleased that the club had decided to provide the Clayton End Roof at a cost of £100.000 plus
However unless we have an influx of two or three experienced players very quickly then we may get relegated.
I admit that I speak from the relative warmth of the seated accommodation near to the subs bench butI would sooner have league football next season without the new roof than build the new roof but be relegated.
I would like the money set aside for the roof to be given to the manager to spend on players to ensure that we stay in the league.

What are your views.
jimmymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2007, 20:04   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Clayton End Roof or League Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymac View Post
Along with everybody else I was pleased that the club had decided to provide the Clayton End Roof at a cost of £100.000 plus
Have they? Have they given a date for this? I admit I've just come back from a six hour session on the pub but have I missed something?
Old 08-01-2007, 20:10   #3
Senior Member+

Should be up by end of February, just awaiting planning permission to make a start.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 20:29   #4
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Should be up by end of February, just awaiting planning permission to make a start.

I thought they had planning permission? Dare I ask if there are any plans for the roo "There's no F'in Roof" on show? Artist impressions or the like?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 20:40   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Ozzy, where has this information come from?
Old 08-01-2007, 20:43   #6
Senior Member+

I think it was a friend of a bloke in a pub who said it.
Old 08-01-2007, 20:57   #7
God Member

isnt most of the money for the roof coming from grants.. thats what the club have been telling us for the last few years... waiting for grants.. and indeed the final hurdle now is a grant being passed to start work in january..

the club will provide some money as they stated from the sale of roberts but if mostly grants then you cant decide to spend that on players so theres no choice..

given the choice i would ensure league survival... but had that been a priority we wouldnt ahve got rid of our best players when sitting pretty at 9th in table... oh and purleease dont respond with all that cobblers about it being good for there careers cus I am more interested in whats good for stanley not whats good for roberts and craneys pockets
Old 08-01-2007, 21:02   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
isnt most of the money for the roof coming from grants.. thats what the club have been telling us for the last few years... waiting for grants.. and indeed the final hurdle now is a grant being passed to start work in january..

the club will provide some money as they stated from the sale of roberts but if mostly grants then you cant decide to spend that on players so theres no choice..

given the choice i would ensure league survival... but had that been a priority we wouldnt ahve got rid of our best players when sitting pretty at 9th in table... oh and purleease dont respond with all that cobblers about it being good for there careers cus I am more interested in whats good for stanley not whats good for roberts and craneys pockets

agree 100% pecent with you kipax
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 21:12   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymac View Post
I would like the money set aside for the roof to be given to the manager to spend on players to ensure that we stay in the league.

What are your views.

If it was a choice between a roof and League Survival - League Survival surely.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 21:13   #10
Super Moderator

OK, I don't understand this. Ozzy says we're waiting for planning permission, Mr K says we're waiting for a grant. Mr K says the work will start this month, Ozzy says it'll be finished by the end of next month.

Where is all this info coming from?
Old 08-01-2007, 21:18   #11

Quote:
Yep I also agree 100%!!!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 21:22   #12
Senior Member+

Clearly the club would not start the work prior to being granted planning permission and building regulations approval and any necessary Landlord's written permissions from the Council in their separate capacity as Landlord. The club will want to check that the improvement will not be assessed to rent against it in the future.

Some people think its a good idea to wait say four months after getting planning permission to reduce the risk that it might be successfully challenged.

Secondly if grants are likely to be available many would expect the club to wait for them rather than use more of their own resources which might more usefully be spent on players that might encourage more people to stand on the terrace.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!

Last edited by Haggis316; 08-01-2007 at 21:30.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 21:23   #13
Member.

Any sign of anything happening at the ground? Apart from rain.

I'd have league survival and some drainage then a roo and then the bar.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 21:47   #14
Super Moderator

Where are you lot getting all this from? Has a news story broken that I don't know about? Because when I left the house to hit the bars of downtown Manchester this lunchtime, the Clayton End Roof scenario was just the way it's been for the last three years - ie, an unfulfilled promise.

Now, you're all talking like they're going to start on it in the next few days. What's changed?
Old 08-01-2007, 22:15   #15
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
given the choice i would ensure league survival... but had that been a priority we wouldnt ahve got rid of our best players when sitting pretty at 9th in table...
You said it Mr K, Eric sold us down the river for a quick buck, sod where's the roof, where's the ambition Mr Whalley ???

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..