Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2004, 17:09   #1

Thumbs down ***CLOSED***

We were CRAP. No excuses whatsoever, we were just plain crap, good luck to Leigh in the next round.
Accrington Web
Old 30-10-2004, 17:25   #2

Re: Crap

I'll second that, and what makes it worse was leigh got cambridge city (from confernce south) in the 1st round.
Old 30-10-2004, 17:46   #3

we WERE crap? we ARE crap, at the rate were going at were looking at not only relegation but serious financial struggle, t'club have budgeted for gates of 2000 per game, and they're dropping, lutel shouldn't have to be waiting behind a load of scoucers to get a game, we didn't look like scoring at all, if anyone looked like scoring it was leigh, they're awful, but better than us. colemans track record over the last season has been awful, between christmas and may we only won eight league games, whenm was the last time we had a good performance this season, when is eric going to pluck it up and sack him?
Old 30-10-2004, 18:24   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthescore
we WERE crap? we ARE crap, at the rate were going at were looking at not only relegation but serious financial struggle, t'club have budgeted for gates of 2000 per game, and they're dropping, lutel shouldn't have to be waiting behind a load of scoucers to get a game, we didn't look like scoring at all, if anyone looked like scoring it was leigh, they're awful, but better than us. colemans track record over the last season has been awful, between christmas and may we only won eight league games, whenm was the last time we had a good performance this season, when is eric going to pluck it up and sack him?
Dont understand some people on here, knowthescore your a complete idiot. Go and support Burnley and whinge with them. You don't have a clue do you?

Absolutely gutted today, big shame, poor performance but things can only get better. LDV Tuesday night come on you blues. At least we have a chance of winning that!

Last edited by Smiffy16; 30-10-2004 at 18:25.
Old 30-10-2004, 19:54   #5
Senior Member+

Smiffy, on today's performance, we have NO chance against Oldham. If we can't beat Leigh then we are in serious danger of doing what Halifax did last season and ony just beating relegation. Although, they did manage the semis of the LDV

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 30-10-2004, 19:58   #6
Senior Member+

It was poor today yes, but we had 90% of the possesion but we just didnt create enogh chances and always looked to pass when we should have had a pop on goal.

Don't know why but we always seem to under-estimate the lower league sides and they always come up to play us and have no fear, battle and win the games, but its a different story for the 'bigger games' we play both league and cup.

I have every faith in the lads going out on Tuesday and beating Oldham, BUT we need to be more consistent.
Old 30-10-2004, 20:14   #7

90% vision, where you stood behind a wall and couldn't see round the corner !?. Stanley didn't see 90% of anything today. Think that Coleman has took the squad as far as he can, we need new blood, and i dont mean players.!!
Old 30-10-2004, 20:17   #8
Senior Member+

Think you must have been.

The better team lost today but as I say we never created enough chances and the chances we had we didnt put away.
Old 30-10-2004, 20:26   #9

If you dont create chances you lose, its simple, we didnt and we did.
Old 30-10-2004, 20:28   #10

better team lost, where you watching the same game. Even on sky sports tonight, the presenter said summat like ' how did the famous stanley get to bournmouth last year playing like that'. Coleman plays every player out of position, and seems to hope for the best. A few more games without a result, and how many more will be calling for his head!!.
Old 30-10-2004, 20:39   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise
better team lost, where you watching the same game. Even on sky sports tonight, the presenter said summat like ' how did the famous stanley get to bournmouth last year playing like that'. Coleman plays every player out of position, and seems to hope for the best. A few more games without a result, and how many more will be calling for his head!!.
Go back to sleep
Old 30-10-2004, 20:52   #12

Bloody hell fellas....so you guys lost! To call for the managers head is bloody ridiculous.

Three seasons ago my lot were within 2 points of relegation. But our board stood by its belief that JH WAS the man . Coley for all his faults is commited to your cause. Support him.

This is a time for Eric to be strong and accept that results don't always go the way they should.

Good luck Coley! It would be a disgrace if you were to go.

From someone who will long remember all those goals in the 'ONLY' Red shirt.
Old 30-10-2004, 20:54   #13
Senior Member+

Exactly never thought I'd agree with a Morecambe fan but he's right.....

Well all apart from the 'ONLY' red shirt line
Old 30-10-2004, 20:58   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise
Coleman plays every player out of position, and seems to hope for the best.
Apart from Robbie today please inform me of who he played out of position???

Where you watching the same game??

Last edited by Smiffy16; 30-10-2004 at 21:01.
Old 30-10-2004, 21:14   #15
Senior Member+

I can understand some of the reactions on here as it was very disappointing today, not only in terms of the result, but in terms of our performance too. We were never really in the game and we created very little. We haven't scored now in 3 games and if we were still playing now, we wouldn't have scored today. With a dodgy defence and no creativity up front, you're always going to struggle and that's a fact!

Both goals today were soft goals and against poor teams like Leigh, we shouldn't be conceding like that. It's an indication of just how low we've sunk, when a team we have comfortably beaten 4 times in the last 2 seasons can come to the IES and make us look second best. I bet Leigh were laughing all the way back home, as they couldn't believe how easily they'd beaten us.

One of the main things that worry me is the team's apparent lack of fitness. To say we're now a full-time team, some players looked a long way off the fitness they showed last season. All too often our players were second best and I find that very puzzling.

Calling for Coleman's head seems senseless to me, as he has a 3 year contract and I can't see him going anywhere in the short-term. One thing is sure, though, if we don't start to improve very soon, it's going to be a very hard, long, cold winter.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..