Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2005, 12:18   #16
God Member

Re: conference leading goalscorer

I stand corrected

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-12-2005, 15:06   #17
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy
Why did he leave Chester who are in the football league to come to a
conference team that has no ambition to be in the football league ???

must have been a money thing because why drop into non league when you could be in the football league?

i wouldnt want Eric to put hes hand into hes pocket for Mr Twiss!!
AMBITION ??

Last Accrington home crowd 1,400.

Average Accrington crowd around 400 less than Morecambe.

The only ambition Accrington people have is to see T'Clarets get into the premier league.

You are all getting carried away on the back of 3 home games against the whipping boys of the Conference.

I do like Accrington Stanley and in Eric and Coley they have 2 ex-Morecambe people doing a good job.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 15:42   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red
AMBITION ??

Last Accrington home crowd 1,400.

Average Accrington crowd around 400 less than Morecambe.

The only ambition Accrington people have is to see T'Clarets get into the premier league.

You are all getting carried away on the back of 3 home games against the whipping boys of the Conference.

I do like Accrington Stanley and in Eric and Coley they have 2 ex-Morecambe people doing a good job.
Yes but you been here a lot longer than us & although you finished in the play offs once if we carried on we will over take you

Simple

We on the Up, you on the "stagnant"....

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 15:43   #19
Senior Member+

Yes Ambition spelt A M B I T I O N meaning An eager or strong desire to achieve something,

well if you had a premiership team and a championship team 15 mins each way from morecambe do u think u will still get 400 more fans than we do?

I dont dislike Morecambe but why do You just come on here to either boast about getting 400 more fans than us or tell us how you beat us 3-2 at your place??? when we d*icked you 3 times last season

have a look at the league table fella...it doesnt lie!
Old 08-12-2005, 15:46   #20
God Member

You can harp on about you having bigger crowds all you like Morecambe Red but at then end of the day its points that get you promotion - not attendances! Plus as has been said before there's not much else to do around Morecambe is there, even Noel Edmonds pulled his Crinckly Bottom out of there
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 17:29   #21
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
You can harp on about you having bigger crowds all you like Morecambe Red but at then end of the day its points that get you promotion - not attendances! Plus as has been said before there's not much else to do around Morecambe is there, even Noel Edmonds pulled his Crinckly Bottom out of there
Must have missed Disneyworld and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon on my visits to Accrington!!

Morecambe Bay is designated as "an area of outstanding natural beauty". As mentioned I do like Accrington but dont think it could be described like that.

You hit the nail on head. The very fact that our nearest league club is 30 miles away means that we could survive as a league club.

And dont forget there are still 24 games to go and a lot can happen. you were about 12 points above us at the end of August last season and we still finished above you.

And just because we have had 10 seasons here doesnt mean our board is not ambitious. Stevenage and Woking have been in longer and they are both ambitious but its a tough league.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..