Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2008, 20:21   #1

Craney to Morcambe????

Hi I was talking to a m8 of mine today who is well in at Morcambe and he reckons they have tabled two bids for Craney. Don't know how true this is but he was adamant and not usually one to bullsh*t. Anybody heard anything more about this who can confirm if it's true or not???
ultraaccystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-06-2008, 21:01   #2

Re: Craney to MorEcambe????

Everyone knows how good Craney is (or was) before he went in search of greener grass, returning to you lot a mere shadow of his former self and really poor against us at the F.E.S (out of position granted)
Can't see it happening myself
there's only ever been one player in your side i'd be over the moon at signing and that's Mr Mullin purely because he's one of the best in the business.
OLDHAMADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 21:28   #3
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Craney to Morcambe????

if what you say is true and i have no reason to dissbalieve you, then sure why not with the money on offer it could be used to buy kemp from the shrews and a new partener up front for PM,and get barry back,
Old 23-06-2008, 22:13   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
if what you say is true and i have no reason to dissbalieve you, then sure why not with the money on offer it could be used to buy kemp from the shrews and a new partener up front for PM,and get barry back,

I reckon that Sammy Mcilroy will be a bit more canny than JC was....The money available to him will buy better players than Ian Craney.
But doesn't Ian owe us a decent season Mab ?..
He still has an awful lot of playing to do for 'the Reds'
if he is to repay what the Stanley shelled out for him !.
He has the talent, the skill, but didn't seem to want to play last season...hope his motivation returns. If it does then we'll succeed in improving our position in he Football League...NO DOUBT !!.
I hope he stays...plays in 'HIS' position and proves me right !!.

'What me worry '.....just a bit !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 22:20   #5
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

your right Yonmon,it was just a thought!!!with us having no cash to splash out on transfers,
Old 23-06-2008, 22:29   #6
Senior Member+

i hope he stays and plays like he did before he went! if he does play in the right position then there is no reason we cant get higher in the league am not saying one player makes a team but when he does put the effort in and on form and socres goals like at morecambe! than we will get higher in the league he is under a 3 year contact so we would get alot of money if he went which i hope he does not want to go

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 15:11   #7
Junior Member+

we heard a week or two ago that Sammy had offered a player + cash for an attacking goal scoring midfielder and I thought it might be Craney.
Twiss_fan_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 15:28   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiss_fan_club
we heard a week or two ago that Sammy had offered a player + cash for an attacking goal scoring midfielder and I thought it might be Craney.
Rip his arm off Coleman.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2008, 16:27   #9
Resting in Peace

Its surprising that nothng has been heard about this in the media, they usually catch on to anything like this
Old 24-06-2008, 17:36   #10
God Member

they usually read it on here first
Old 25-06-2008, 00:07   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiss_fan_club View Post
Oh it will be branch your after! You can have him , its sad to see him go to a rival club however i think we will just cope

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 18:34   #12
Senior Member+

If Craney played in his natural position of attacking midfield every game then he would still be at swansea.

We have to play him there next season
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 21:25   #13
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

It was mentioned on Radio Lancs earlier tonight that Craney had been seen at Christie Park again, Coleman denied any knowledge of why he was there.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 07:55   #14
Junior Member+

The headline in "The Morecambe Visitor" today is all about Morecambe hoping to sign Ian Craney.
Twiss_fan_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:14   #15
God Member

I'm hoping my knee will dramatically heal and I will loose 20+ years thus being able to trial for Stanley.

...hope springs eternal...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..