Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2006, 14:04   #1

Craney to stay up front. Ventre back from Port and Anthony Barry back from Yeovil

Hi I'm Maverick and new to the site.

Just a few thibngs I wanna say and want your views on. I say we stop looking for a forward cos scoring goals isn't the problem it's that we are leaking them at the back. Coley should try Captain Marvel as a holding midfielder like he did 2nd half against Forest. That way he can leave Craney (Jimmy Bullard) upfront and leave Proccy on the bench. He should get Danny back from Southport and put him at the back to stop us leaking goals.

Anthony Barry isn't getting his game at Yeovil and he's class. Can they sort out a loan move?

What D'you reckon?
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-11-2006, 14:18   #2

Re: Craney to stay up front. Ventre back from Port and Anthony Barry back from Yeovil

if we got barry back it would be class yeah, but if cav went into midfield, surely edwards would have to go right back?

even if we do leave craney up front, we've got to buy at least one striker before next season. i heard tony thorpe is playing in the conference nowadays, i reckon we try and get him, since he's still only 32.
the debonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 14:21   #3

Re: Craney to stay up front. Ventre back from Port and Anthony Barry back from Yeovil

square pegs, round holes springs to mind.

cav in midfield when you have proctor and harris who play in that position
Craney upfront when you have mangan and brown who can play upfront

but i agree with ventre, i rate him
kimberly-clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 14:21   #4
Resting in Peace

Anthony Barry rating 9 points yesterday with high-flying Yeovil Town:-

"Barry - 9 - stupendous performance from little Ant today. Biting in the tackle, spraying passes around. RS surprised me starting him ahead of Kalala but boy, what a game."

Don't think there's much chance at all, do you? <!-- / controls -->
<!-- message, attachments, sig -->
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 14:25   #5
Senior Member+

Danny Ventre returned to the club today - and before anyone asks , I found this out when I spoke to him at the Blackpool match last Tuesday

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 14:27   #6
God Member

I'd love to see Barry back to do the role that Jay Harris is failing at, it's never gunna happen like, but it would be nice.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 14:28   #7

Fair enough Mangy and Browny can play up front but if Coley really rated them he would play them more often. Anthony's wages might be a problem nowadays but it would be worth it. Proccy is the worst player ever. Harris is good but Cav can lead from just in front of the back four and sure things up. I only think it could work if we got Danny back though. It's a joke that he's on loan when we're conceding goals all of the place.
Old 06-11-2006, 14:46   #8
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I only think it could work if we got Danny back though. It's a joke that he's on loan when we're conceding goals all of the place.
Danny Ventre is on loan probably because he is not good enough to play in the Football League. He hardly got a game last season, probably because he was not good enough to play in the Conference. He started eleven games last season and only one this season. This season he started away at Notts County and was subbed at half time when we were 3-0 down. Do you think he would help to stop us conceding goals ? I don't think so.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 14:50   #9

proctor actually works hard he does alot of running in midfield an does the dirty work
kimberly-clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 15:14   #10
Senior Member+

Barry scored a scorcher for Yeovil mid-week and he's playing regularly now, so I doubt he's coming back anytime soon.
Old 06-11-2006, 15:19   #11

Jeff, Ventre is a good player and better than what we have playing at the back at the minute. The Welch/Williams partnership isn't good enough they make too many mistakes. Danny hasn't really had much of a chance and yeah he might have played a few bad games but can't much worse than the way Welchy's playing at the mo.

Sorry. Proccy's poor.
Old 06-11-2006, 15:29   #12
God Member

Ventre will not replace Welch.
He's too lightweight for a centre half in this league.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 16:04   #13

Why all the slating of Proctor? I think it's really uncalled for, the lad gives 110% and he's still only young. He'd be in my line up every match if I was in Coley's shoes.

Ventre still has a lot to learn before he'll make the squad.

Mangan has the makings of a class striker, but again, still got a bit to learn.

Brown is just rubbish, to be perfectly honest. He looks disinterested whenever he plays. Although, I'll give him his dues, he looked quite sharp at Hereford.

As for Jay Harris, I think he'll prove the doubters wrong in time, just as I think Sean Doherty is starting to prove his worth.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 16:07   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
Ventre will not replace Welch.
Ventre will not replace anybody! His distribution is appalling, however good his defensive qualities.
Old 06-11-2006, 16:09   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Why all the slating of Proctor? I think it's really uncalled for, the lad gives 110% and he's still only young. He'd be in my line up every match if I was in Coley's shoes.

Ventre still has a lot to learn before he'll make the squad.

Mangan has the makings of a class striker, but again, still got a bit to learn.

Brown is just rubbish, to be perfectly honest. He looks disinterested whenever he plays. Although, I'll give him his dues, he looked quite sharp at Hereford.

As for Jay Harris, I think he'll prove the doubters wrong in time, just as I think Sean Doherty is starting to prove his worth.
Absolutely spot on, Diesel!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..