Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2007, 21:38   #1

Dagenham & Redbridge

Big applause for them what an acheivement. I for one would never of backed them to win the conference this season, play-offs would of been remarkable in my opinion. Brings very good memories flooding back from woking last year. I am going to be a killjoy as I think they will struggle next season in league 2. I expected us to be hovering around the play-offs before we lost 2 of our match winners, but we have fought on and we will continue to with limited resources. My opinion was that there wasnt much of a gap between the leagues but that has slightly changed now. Sammy mcilroy was on tv the other night saying how morecambe were looking forward to the possibity of playing play-off final at the new wembley etc etc he also stated that there (in hes opinion) isnt much of a gulf between the leagues. All the best to Dagenham next season and heres to six points on the table next season for the STANLEY.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2007, 21:52   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Dagenham & Redbridge

There isn't much of a gap between the top Conference teams and bottom half of League 2. There are some awful teams in League 2 and the fact that we've been mainly very poor this season and never been in a relegation spot (except mybe after 2 games), shows just how poor it is.

Well done to Dagenham. If they can keep their team together they'll be fine.
Old 07-04-2007, 22:00   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
If they can keep their team together they'll be fine.
That indeed is the big question.We've just won promotion today aswell.And our goals for is well over 110 goals.we always have to hope our strike force can keep together.Last season we lost one of our players to Halifax Ste Torpey who again scored for them today.I'm just hoping Rory Patterson and Stuart Rudd stop with us as we push further up the pyramid.
But yes well done Dagenham and Redbridge well done.
Old 07-04-2007, 22:06   #4

I didnt know that, well done fc united I hope you will carry on moving upwards your support is nothing short of fantastic for (with no disrespect) the level you are playing, and im sure this will be a major factor in your continued success to the conference at least.
Old 07-04-2007, 22:08   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_was_A_red_ View Post
I didnt know that, well done fc united I hope you will carry on moving upwards your support is nothing short of fantastic for (with no disrespect) the level you are playing, and im sure this will be a major factor in your continued success to the conference at least.
Thanks mate ,Its Unibond next season we're getting closer
Old 07-04-2007, 22:25   #6

Its great to see that it is working out for fc united and the fan base is not wavering. The American corporation isnt either though 76,000 is amazing just as your 2,500 - 4,000 is. It dosent look like it has had the desired effect, but what you lot who have decided to never return have created must not be underestimated and you have stuck to your guns and can hold your heads up as you are building a club that could go anywhere. Proper supporters.
Old 07-04-2007, 22:31   #7
Senior Member+

Cheers we travel in style too.Have you seen my thread to do with todays game at Ramsbottom
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=29803
Old 07-04-2007, 22:43   #8

well done to the daggers ,now it just needs tosnob to go down and things will be right again in the balance of things.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 22:45   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Well done to Dagenham. If they can keep their team together they'll be fine.
They've already lost two of their best players to todays opponents Peterboro. Mackail Smith who scored the first and Blackett big tall centre back.
Old 07-04-2007, 22:46   #10
Senior Member+

double post
Old 07-04-2007, 22:48   #11

Invading hamlets like ramsbottom, you should watch out for them angry farmers Your like when United went down years ago and took over every market town in England.
Old 07-04-2007, 22:49   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_was_A_red_ View Post
Invading hamlets like ramsbottom, you should watch out for them angry farmers Your like when United went down years ago and took over every market town in England.
Yeah true and unfortunatly I'm old enough to remember it
Old 07-04-2007, 22:57   #13

I thought I was on a Stanley forum?

If you want to talk Manchester, then take it to the general football forum.

Old 07-04-2007, 23:00   #14

Its related. Clubs climbing from the depths of the pyramid is what ASFC is all about.
Old 07-04-2007, 23:12   #15
Senior Member+

So can you talk FC Utd on Stanley forum or do I have to put it in the football section?Is it OK as long as its titled with FC Utd in the title?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..