Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2007, 16:07   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Darlington

Must be lenient stewards at Chelsea, I've never seen Roman Abramovich sitting down. Might help if you own the club, mind .

Zero, no pipe after July 1st.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-02-2007, 16:12   #17
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Must be lenient stewards at Chelsea, I've never seen Roman Abramovich sitting down. Might help if you own the club, mind .

Zero, no pipe after July 1st.
Well the match is tomorrow, so pipes are still ok

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 16:41   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
We had this 'conversation' months ago, but unfortunately some people think that the rules apply to everyone but them. Some people have to learn the hard way I'm afraid.
Darlington fans have this argument every week amongst themselves. Theres always somebody twining about the stewards attitude. The fact is the stewards have to tell people to sit down, and often get abused when carrying out this basic task.

I'll be honest, it makes no difference to me whether I sit or stand, I'm equally as comfortable sitting in a stand, or standing on a rain soaked terrace.

It is human nature for people to stand up when you score or get a corner, you just can't help it, but as long as you sit down in reasonable time the stewards seem to have no problem with it....its those that stand continually through the match that get "grief", and rightly so, as not only are they are a danger but they are blocking the view of the bloke sat behind.
Quakerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 20:03   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakerz View Post
its those that stand continually through the match that get "grief", and rightly so, as not only are they are a danger but they are blocking the view of the bloke sat behind.
There's usually about 150 of us for night matches (Lincoln), anybody that sits behind somebody else obviously has problems...........

We're not going to fight amongst ourselves, are we?

We had no problems at Burscough, Farsley, Bradford Park Avenue, Worksop, Radcliffe, etc.

Sorry it's not Darlington's fault, but when you've come from non-league you're less inclined to put up with the bull****.
We've had a ball over the last few years, and a big part of that is talking with opposition fans. Something that's now denied!

Thanks for your posts Quakerz, I was looking forward to tomorrow but can't make it due to work.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.

Last edited by Oggy; 19-02-2007 at 20:10.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..