Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2009, 19:28   #46
Member.

Re: Dave O'Neil statement

If or When he pulls this off....many of us will look complete T***s.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-10-2009, 19:34   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Stop kidding yourself, Yonmon! O'Neill had a golden opportunity to allay our fears and came up with jack s**t. No way can this lot keep us in the football league.

That's exactly what I was trying to say in my own Archaic manner Red!....and I think that you know that I have little or no confidence in the abilities of 'THIS LOT as my post on 'HIS' written statement outlined !.

' WHERE TO NOW STANLEY ????'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 19:34   #48
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
If or When he pulls this off....many of us will look complete T***s.
If he pulls this one off, I will be more than happy to look a complete t**. Wouldn't be the first time, anyway.
Old 05-10-2009, 19:36   #49
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
If he gets us out of this mess he will have my unconditional support, forever.
And many will follow.....just like they followed Eric Whalley not so very long a go; he was a God to many...

I feel that Mr. O’Neil is trying to emulate Mr. Whalley in some ways or he’s been mentored in some way, but if he does gown a pair of is own and takes advice from others close too, we may well find ourselves signing “Going up with David & John” and meaning every word.

Not long ago TM shot me down for saying I wasn't convinced about the new regime; that turned out to be true…I’m not sure that Mr. O’Neil will stay at the Crown; but I do think we will come out of this not too badly off.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 05-10-2009, 19:38   #50
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
If he pulls this one off, I will be more than happy to look a complete t**. Wouldn't be the first time, anyway.

Oh I know how that feels Mr. Harris, but like you i'll be a happy T***

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 05-10-2009, 19:39   #51
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Oh I know how that feels Mr. Harris, but like you i'll be a happy T***
Well in that case, we'll make a right pair, won't we?
Old 05-10-2009, 19:40   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I am starting to get the impression that even if David Oniel was to pay off Whalleys tax bill, pay the players wages out of his own pocket, put a new roof on the away stand, and give away free pie and peas to the home fans,he still would not be liked(can this be true)?
Very unlikely outcome if we are to be realists. Stanley wouldnt be in the position we are in if he had money to do these things. Why did he take on EWS tax bill with no way of paying it off other than making people go begging on behalf of a debt he has purchased?

Ive nothing against the guy personally other than he his obviously not the right man to run a football club. The way he has conducted himself is disgraceful. He has made a wrong financial decision in taking over Stanley with no financial clout, the clubs mounting debts and all the other things that are likely to be exposed he is out of his depth and beggers the question why the hell has he put himself in this position ? I think he is unlikely to get business deal of the year award anyway.
Does anyone know how much he paid for the club or was it a case of buying the debt as it outweighs the value. Ilyas Khans fears have proved he was right before the don took over so I am 99.9% sure he is right now also. Its public knowledge now that an offer has been on the table yet the directors want the people of lancashire to pay it off rather than having shares diluted. The sympathy is already non-existent outside. You cant fool everyone well not me anyway. I wish for a rosey outcome but all i can see it at the very best is debts to pay off debts to buy a little more time.
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 19:44   #53
God Member

It's just a shame the club is not a bank, because by now we would be in state ownership.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 20:10   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
If he gets us out of this mess he will have my unconditional support, forever.

I'm curious about this one. What is considered "getting us out of this mess" ?

If the money is raised by the fans, is it considered that the board have got the club out of the mess ?
Old 05-10-2009, 21:55   #55
Junior Member+

If people put as much effort into getting behind Mr O'neill and the hard working people at Accrington Stanley, instead of making silly little insignificant comments then the possibility of the club being saved may become more of a reality..... Have you ever thought that Mr Khan might be a glory hunter, who is enjoying the discontent at the club.........
Old 05-10-2009, 21:57   #56
Member.

[quote=kenny254;750967]If people put as much effort into getting behind Mr O'neill and the hard working people at Accrington Stanley, instead of making silly little insignificant comments then the possibility of the club being saved may become more of a reality..... Have you ever thought that Mr Khan might be a glory hunter, who is enjoying the discontent at the club.........[/quote]

No..........

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 05-10-2009, 22:00   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny254 View Post
If people put as much effort into getting behind Mr O'neill and the hard working people at Accrington Stanley, instead of making silly little insignificant comments then the possibility of the club being saved may become more of a reality.....
You're right, it's so blatantly obvious nobody on here has lifted a finger to help
Old 05-10-2009, 22:03   #58
Senior Member+

I did though think he was in it for the long haul, yet he has bailed with 23 days till D-Day. But there ain't no right or wrong, just a mess!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 22:04   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny254 View Post
Have you ever thought that Mr Khan might be a glory hunter, who is enjoying the discontent at the club.........
He has invested so much into a club with gaping holes. So i think not.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 22:04   #60
Junior Member+

On stanley on>>>>>

How can the present situation at Accrington Stanley be the fault of Dave O'Neill, he hasen't got the club into this financial mess, but people are determind to blame him and make him out to be the bad guy that we should be in favour of flogging... There are a lot of hard working people at Accrington Stanley, who work long hard hours for a very basic wage, people are to quick to judge. I for one are getting behind the local club who deserves backing and support from the people of Accrington.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..