Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2006, 20:12   #16
Junior Member+

Re: Dons going up?

i think todays game was great to watch the lads fought right to the end and were unlucky to loose.
although at times the deffenders were just hitt ing the ball without even looking for their own players it was as if the ball was on fire they just cudnt wait to get rid of it and didnt care who it went to i think we los alot of the balls in the air the lads seem to struggle to control it at their feet and keep it on the floor. on the rare occasion they managed to do it though mcgivern looked very dangerous he gets the ball and runs very skillfull player terrible decision to sub him there was a void in the penalty box when the crosses were coming in already a valued player i think
tommo 29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-12-2006, 21:06   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo 29 View Post
mcgivern looked very dangerous he gets the ball and runs very skillfull player terrible decision to sub him
Agreed - Coley's sustitutions today were very strange. I would love to see McGivern and Mangan on from the start together, plus Mully. I think they would put the s***s up defenders with their pace and aggression.
Although Stanley's results have been poor recently they always give great value for money with their action packed displays and never can be accused of being a boring team to watch.
So proud to be a Stanley fan.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 21:14   #18
Senior Member+

A bloke a bit more central in the main stand to me spoke to Coley at half time.

So I asked him why Edwards was subbed.

Sadly they did not speak about that but he reckoned Edwards had a lower leg injury.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 21:45   #19
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Heartening words Doug and co. I enjoy these 'reports' after the match. but tell me,,, was the DRUM in attendence???

It was absent........Kiwi John.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:55   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
It was absent........Kiwi John.
WHAT ?????? I can't believe it.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:18   #21
God Member

Quote:
Heartening words Doug and co. I enjoy these 'reports' after the match. but tell me,,, was the DRUM in attendence???

The short answer Kiwi is no buddy it didnt.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:37   #22
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
but tell me,,, was the DRUM in attendence???
Missing drum, missing flags and lots of missing supporters.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:08   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Missing drum, missing flags and lots of missing supporters.
yes very true , Yes where has everyone gone ! The flag and the drum doesnt mean that much but the supporters do!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:47   #24
I am Banned

Mmmm im going to speak out here.....maybe the fact that some of the the support has gone a bit offensive, the one thing that really sickened me minutes before the 90mins was a few sicko's chanting to the like of 'he's dead etc' referring to the MK dons player that was knocked out for a few mins [well done & sported by our Toddy whom i felt bad for] those idiots want to be ashamed of yourself u are not footy fans but hooligans baying for blood!! Ok yeh we all want stanley to win & do their upmost as a team & supporters willing them on & ok heckling the cheating arabs & foulers - even to our own mistakes or lack ....but come on....that went too far yesterday by the little sick minority but come on a little humanity!! That is something i didnt expect to spoil our usually excellent home support!!! Glad there was a few of us that didnt tollerate it & told em so!!

Maybe something to think about when trying to improve our support - this is not the way to go !

You want a decent home supporting crowd!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:48   #25
God Member

I must admit Im not a great fan of either the drum or flags, but in all honesty they were missed yesterday, also where were all the fans that normally wave the flags etc? Sorry to say this but a pretty p*** poor turnout in my opinion.............That said , those that were there sang their hearts out, and shame on the early leavers, you guys missed the best goal of the match (Mangan) by far!!

Peace n love guys/gals

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 10-12-2006, 10:49   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Mmmm im going to speak out here.....maybe the fact that some of the the support has gone a bit offensive, the one thing that really sickened me minutes before the 90mins was a few sicko's chanting to the like of 'he's dead etc' referring to the MK dons player that was knocked out for a few mins [well done & sported by our Toddy whom i felt bad for] those idiots want to be ashamed of yourself u are not footy fans but hooligans baying for blood!! Ok yeh we all want stanley to win & do their upmost as a team & supporters willing them on & ok heckling the cheating arabs & foulers - even to our own mistakes or lack ....but come on....that went too far yesterday by the little sick minority but come on a little humanity!! That is something i didnt expect to spoil our usually excellent home support!!! Glad there was a few of us that didnt tollerate it & told em so!!

Maybe something to think about when trying to improve our support - this is not the way to go !

You want a decent home supporting crowd!
Well said Mel

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 10-12-2006, 10:52   #27
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Sorry to say this but a pretty p*** poor turnout in my opinion.............That said , those that were there sang their hearts out, and shame on the early leavers, you guys missed the best goal of the match (Mangan) by far!
LOL thats true.....why do people leave before match has finished????? never understand that one, its surprising what can happen in the last few mins
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:54   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
yes very true , Yes where has everyone gone ! The flag and the drum doesnt mean that much but the supporters do!

Having had a quick look at your fixtures for last year it looks like the same Saturday was one of the lowest home gates of the season despite going well. It's an unfortunate fact Christmas gets in the way of football

Besides you were playing probably one of the least attractive fixtures of the season and one of the most despised clubs in the football league.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:05   #29
Member.

I’d whole heartedly agree with Accymel, UK Cowboy and Lancsdave. Mel; well said girl, I always knew you had balls. The language is getting a little offensive around the Clayton end just of late; I know that may appear a bit like the kettle calling the pot but come on, the use of the “C” & “T” words on the terraces is unwelcome and unsporting. There are Women and Children to consider and the clubs reputation as a family friendly club. There was also a raciest remark made for the back that was also most unwelcome.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:08   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Having had a quick look at your fixtures for last year it looks like the same Saturday was one of the lowest home gates of the season despite going well. It's an unfortunate fact Christmas gets in the way of football

Besides you were playing probably one of the least attractive fixtures of the season and one of the most despised clubs in the football league.
you right christmas gets in the way thats why the should have done a special yesterday by reducing prices and advertising it as a christmas specail the attendance is what i expected yesterday ....i wish it was one of the least attractive fixtures lets get it into perspective mkdons are one of the best teams in the league with a striker rated at a million pounds so it wasnt one of the least attractive fixtures
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..