Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2006, 17:47   #1
Junior Member+

Drummer

Bring him back, the atmosphere at the games is suffering due to the ban.
The club has bent over backwards for the moaning residents either let people park or bring back the drummer. Give and take situation, and to be honest it is a bit of a p**s take banning the drum.

:engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil:
Old 19-08-2006, 17:58   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Drummer

the ultras make a great atmosphere aswell! also the singing stanley fans but the drum is a great add on and should come back!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 18:05   #3

People buy a house next to a football stadium and then complain about the noise... aren't you supposed to set these sort of things free into the wild where they belong ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 18:50   #4
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

A drum would have made a difference last night to the atmosphere. Certain people where doing their best to get our fans singing but the problem is if someone does not want to they won't sing but I wish the non singers would shut up whinging.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 18:56   #5

You should ask the away grounds before you go.

We had one banned at our home ground till we got it unbanned, but at away games we got it in still.

We have one at home and away games, you would have got it in last night.
StockportJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 19:03   #6
God Member

the ban should be enforced on evening games but not on satrday afternoons as fair enough at 10pm at night thats the last thing you want after coming home from work but on a saturday afternoon they can ****** off and we should have the drum back
Old 19-08-2006, 19:17   #7
Junior Member+

no ban!!!! whatsoever
Old 19-08-2006, 19:29   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Certain people where doing their best to get our fans singing but the problem is if someone does not want to they won't sing but I wish the non singers would shut up whinging.
So only the minority can comment?
Old 19-08-2006, 19:35   #9
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins
the ban should be enforced on evening games but not on satrday afternoons as fair enough at 10pm at night thats the last thing you want after coming home from work but on a saturday afternoon they can ****** off and we should have the drum back
Sound Comment..............

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 19:47   #10
Senior Member+

second that JT....
Old 19-08-2006, 19:56   #11
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
So only the minority can comment?
Not at all TM but getting behind our team is something I believe in and for certain fans to whinge about the noise to me is unbelieveable.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 20:56   #12
Senior Member+

People were simply complaining about the monotonous banging of a tuneless drum. Anyway, it's a mute point now, as the drum is banned. End of story.
People support their team in the way they see fit. Not everyone wants to be the centre of attention, just as not everyone wants to 'sing'.
Persoanlly I pay my money to be entertained. I don't expect to have to make my own entertainment.
Old 19-08-2006, 21:04   #13
God Member

Drum would be good if it was played properly. Just whacking it as loud as you can for the whole game is a killer... not good at all... Sorry Matt and Frank.. no offence meant
Old 19-08-2006, 22:44   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
People were simply complaining about the monotonous banging of a tuneless drum. Anyway, it's a mute point now, as the drum is banned. End of story.
People support their team in the way they see fit. Not everyone wants to be the centre of attention, just as not everyone wants to 'sing'.
Persoanlly I pay my money to be entertained. I don't expect to have to make my own entertainment.
Nobodys asking you to make your entertainment, other people do that.

You can just sit in the main stand and make the numbers up...maybe clap once every 3 years, but only for 3-4 seconds because anything more than that and your begining to push your look
Old 20-08-2006, 07:45   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy
Nobodys asking you to make your entertainment, other people do that.
In your opinion. Others may disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy
You can just sit in the main stand and make the numbers up...maybe clap once every 3 years, but only for 3-4 seconds because anything more than that and your begining to push your look
I've been making the numbers up for the past 28 years and its a good job people like me have done, or perhaps there wouldn't be a club there now for you to support?
I've never sat in the stand, even though I helped to build it all those years ago, when we dug the foundations for the extension with spades. I don't stand in silence during a game, but I don't feel the need to sing and continually make a show of myself.

You support the club in your way and I'll do it in mine. But never even begin to imagine that one way is superior to another.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..