Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2006, 08:46   #61

Re: Elliot to leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone
So Bagpuss, Stanerlee and UKCowboy. Are you going to be forming an Eric out club. organise banners and marches and demand his resignation. A petition perhaps? You could call yourselves the three judas or judas3 that has a ring to it.
only if you start a group called the braindead 1.
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-11-2006, 17:11   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy
When Will People realize you DONT have to be from liverpool to get in the side??!!
So how do you explain the fact that we have a better goalkeeper in Rob Elliot and a better right back in Phil Edwards sat on the bench and two scousers keep getting picked for these positions?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 17:17   #63
God Member

I'm sorry but Phil Edwards is nowhere near the right-back Pete Cavanagh is.
The amount of experience Cav has for such a young player is priceless.
Bav & Elliot are contesting for a place, you haven't seen them in training all week have you? Coleman does, that's where he chooses his team.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 17:43   #64

Keeing to the thread...after the mid week heroics of Mr.Eliot, it's been a shame/disaster he's not been selected in the starting 11...
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 17:52   #65

BTW good to see craney score from a more forward position..if it's good for the cause(and he scores a few) let him carry on up up there...but PLEASE coley get a strong holding mid player, ala tony bazza or sumink ov that ilk!
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 18:22   #66
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
I'm sorry but Phil Edwards is nowhere near the right-back Pete Cavanagh
With you on most things, Macca, but you're way off the mark with that statement. Phil Edwards is a gem and it is a scandal that he only gets on as a bit part player.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 18:45   #67
Resting in Peace

Sorry - mistaken identity!
Old 04-11-2006, 18:49   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine
Phil Edwards is a gem and it is a scandal that he only gets on as a bit part player.
It is, but I don't see him replacing Pete Cavanah week in-week out because he isn't as consistent and his versatility is unfortunately his downfall when Coley picks the team.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:57   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine
Phil Edwards is a gem and it is a scandal that he only gets on as a bit part player.
Watch Peterborough's 3rd goal & then tell me he's better than Cav!!
Welchy ball watching for the second
Old 05-11-2006, 15:58   #70
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Course he is - I think Maclean did exactly the same to Cav when Grays played at our place.
Old 05-11-2006, 16:05   #71
God Member

At centre half yes Edwards obviously is a better player but at full back I think Cavanagh's experience makes him more consistent.
There's no real point debating this, Coley will never sideline his captain in favour of a utility player like Edwards however good he is.
Old 05-11-2006, 17:08   #72
God Member

Quote:
According to Radio Lancashire Peterborough's fourth was an own goal, headed home by a certain Peter Cavanagh.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 17:42   #73
God Member

Saw it on the Championship. It wasn't an own goal, the ball was merely carried on by Cav's momentum, the shot was unstoppable, no one had a chance to keep it out.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:46   #74
Resting In Peace

For Peterborough's third goal Cav was standing on the half way line claiming for offside, when it wasn't given he just stood there, never made an attempt to chase back. For the second goal Richardson was claiming for offside, when it wasn't given at least he chased back and tried to redeem himself. Why don't our defenders play to the whistle, stop claiming for offside and stop arguing with the linesmen. For me, Cav is never where he should be, he is Captain but I never see him organising anything. He plays at right back but races down the left wing. Edwards is one of our best defenders and should be in the team week in week out, preferably at right back, like he was last season.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 09:01   #75
God Member

If Cavanagh is "never where he sould be", how is it that he has made the transition from Unibond 1 to League 2 rarely being omitted from the side?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..