Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-07-2007, 22:25   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Evil Is Back !!!!

Evil is a good centre half but its a no go, he's come as a striker and will definately play there.

Funniest memory of Evil was me and Fearon playing upfront for the Ultras vs Stanley a few years back, Evil played centre half, he said to us both "win a header against me and Ill give you £100".......well.......... we tried!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-07-2007, 22:46   #32
Senior Member+

".............Deliver us our Evil. For Coley's is the Kingdom - for ever and ever. Amen.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 06:44   #33

Get in, Fantastic News.
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 07:19   #34
Senior Member+

Still no official annoucement.
Old 22-07-2007, 07:45   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Still no official annoucement.
Its Sunday-mustn't speak evil on Sundays.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 08:18   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
They are on a Wrexham message bored:

Red Passion Online Message Board - Evil re joins Accrington Stanley

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 08:19   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
It's on Fishy Site!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 09:29   #38

Excellent news, i thought with all the rumors flying around on here that it would only be a matter of time before it was announced on the Fishy site, just hope he knuckles down and does the business for us.
Old 22-07-2007, 09:31   #39

Classssssss signing He well be awsome!!!! Cant see us strugerling this season team is getting good!!!!
Phill Loves Sunbeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 09:41   #40
God Member

I was, and still am, not convinced about this news.

Whilst there is no doubt whatsoever about Evil's footballing ability (when at full fitness) I am concerned about His attitude, be honest who else can remember Him refusing to pass to other team members at crucial moments when He was last here? Also His arrogance stood out like a sore thumb.

If He has sorted out His head etc then maybe, just maybe it will be a good signing, however for me the jury is still well and truly out.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 10:29   #41
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
I was, and still am, not convinced about this news.
I'm with you on this ukcowboy I hope we're in the minority and he proves us wrong but I doubt it, Wrexham reject.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 10:38   #42
Junior Member+

I think if anyone is evil... it is bagpuss !!! You wont be calling him a Wrexham reject when he is scoring you goals !!
Old 22-07-2007, 10:41   #43
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILFAN View Post
I think if anyone is evil... it is bagpuss !!! You wont be calling him a Wrexham reject when he is scoring you goals !!
And said without a smile !!!
Prove me wrong then

Only your 6th post and already abusing Stanley fans, it didn't take long did it.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 10:43   #44
Junior Member+

He will prove you wrong.... and i will remind you of your comments when he does !
Old 22-07-2007, 11:43   #45

Wrexham fan here..... Just thought i'd give my opinion of evil and fill you in on what happened at Wrexham..

There is no question that Lee has more than enough ability to be a quality League 2 striker. Unfortunately its his attitude which has let him down while he was at Wrexham.
Before the Wrexham squad left for their summer break Carey gave strict instructions to the squad to look after themselves, not gain any weight and to report back for pre season trainng in good shape.

When Evil arrived back at training he'd put on a stone in weight, was completely out of shape and then got injured in training on the first day back which ruled him out of the liverpool friendly.

This was the final straw after Carey and previously Denis Smith had told him to get himself in shape many times. He'd been given plenty of chances at Wrexham to get fit and show us what he can do. He never did.

Too many times he'd be out on the ale after a game and wearing boots that are a size too small never helped him much

Towards the end of last season when we really really needed him to put in performances for us he failed to deliver. Even in the pre match warm up he never looked interested.

If he's ever going to perform at this level he's going to need a drastic change of attitude.

Good luck Lee.
phils-an-alki is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..