Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2007, 10:53   #16
God Member

Re: For the Whalley Out Brigade

the concept is good, but the workability sounds ridiculous!

Imagine for one second that they take over at Stanley, can you imagine 50000 voting that yes we should have a roof - where does the money come from? The sheer amount of 'paperwork' that 50k consults would generate would be enormous.

On the good side though, if they did manage to sell 50k shares and all those people became interested in the club, the marketing possibilites then immediately become that of a Premiership club. Shirt sales, big game ticket sales etc etc. At a club like Stanley (1.75m wouldn't buy a big club would it?) it would make a massive and immediate difference. They could rapidly transform a club and then sell their 'share' for quite a tidy profit.
Old 10-05-2007, 18:09   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
At a club like Stanley (1.75m wouldn't buy a big club would it?) it would make a massive and immediate difference.
Seam to recall 'EL TEL' buying Pompey for 1 pound a few years ago-though they weren't a prem club then.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 19:08   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Seam to recall 'EL TEL' buying Pompey for 1 pound a few years ago-though they weren't a prem club then.
Ken Bates bought Chelsea for a quid a few years ago, but they both took over the debt the club was in at the time.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 20:06   #19
God Member

and Stanley are currently third on the wish list!
Old 10-05-2007, 20:29   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6611729.stm have a look at bbc web sight never no might be worth missing a night out for 35 QUID

if you follow the link that Davo put on and have a look at the top picture, I'm pretty sure that is the Blackburn Rovers boardroom...?? (ok I'll own up I had to take my youngest, she is a fan, on a ground tour of ewood last time we were up..!!) Do you think £35 will get you a share of Rovers...!!!

Tractorboy Red
Old 10-05-2007, 20:33   #21
Senior Member+

If they decided to buy Stanley then wouldn't all shareholders get a pay out???? I could be sitting on a nice little nest egg.
Old 10-05-2007, 21:16   #22

7.40 sunday morning they are talking about it on gmtv hope iam home from pub
Old 11-05-2007, 17:14   #23

A perfect way to send a club tits up tbh

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 17:18   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
A perfect way to send a club tits up tbh

Why are Leeds at the top then, is that not a case of unlocked stable doors and horses
Old 18-09-2007, 14:39   #25
God Member

It won't happen anyway

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 14:54   #26

I'm afraid I just can't get my head round this idea that 50000 people can take over a football club. That's 50000 people with no real interest in our future. Ok they might claim that they've got an interest but £35 is obviously nothing to the kind of people who are prepared to put their money down before a clubs been found which means that they'll not be that bothered if they lose the £35 when the club goes titsup.

It's our club not some fantasy football game. Eric's investment may have been little compared to some of the money that's being pumped in elsewhere but at least we're financially sound and wouldn't pack up if the worst came to the worst.

Things have been far from perfect so far this season but I've got every confidence that we'll do ok. We've just got to be prepared for slow, steady growth. We've been spoilt in recent years with constant success - but it wasn't always like that - remember the mid-nineties, we were struggling in the NPL (and then got relegated).
Forever Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 16:35   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Red View Post
It's our club not some fantasy football game.
You've hit the nail on the head there I think, it's a fantasy football managers game come true

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 19:50   #28

Need to correct some misconceptions here -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Red View Post
I'm afraid I just can't get my head round this idea that 50000 people can take over a football club. That's 50000 people with no real interest in our future. Ok they might claim that they've got an interest but £35 is obviously nothing to the kind of people who are prepared to put their money down before a clubs been found which means that they'll not be that bothered if they lose the £35 when the club goes titsup.
To start with - if a club has not been purchased within twelve months then the membership fee will be refunded.

The rules of MFC prevent MFC from engaging in any action detrimental to the club. In other words if MFC were to purchase Stanley (or any other club), MFC would not be able to run up debts or enter contracts for which money has not been secured or set aside. The entire basis of the establishment of MFC is to secure the future of a football club and allow football fans (including Stanley fans) an opportunity to run the club. Why should it be the case that you have to have millions in your back pocket to decide what happens to a football club? and how many people with millions in their back pockets have ending up completely f*cking up the club they have bought?

Finally, if the entire project did go titsup (and it would be in football rather than financial terms) then in all likelihood the club would be sold to a local supporters trust for a nominal fee - as the members of MFC cannot make any financial gain fromthe sale of the club.

Quote:
It's our club not some fantasy football game. Eric's investment may have been little compared to some of the money that's being pumped in elsewhere but at least we're financially sound and wouldn't pack up if the worst came to the worst.
Agreed - it is not fantasy football and everyone on the MFC forum are only too well aware of that. The MFC members are very conscious of the fact that we are talking about a football club here, with staff, players, fans and all that goes with it. Remember the members of MFC are football fans too - and fans who are fed up of the way football is being destroyed by the current way it is run.

Stanley is currently in a stable financial situation but givent he current level of attendances this will not maintain itself indefinitely. Eric has admitted this himself. Now Stanley may not be an option for MFC - it is clear that the board want investment in the club but appear unwilling to give up control of the club for that investment.

Quote:
Things have been far from perfect so far this season but I've got every confidence that we'll do ok. We've just got to be prepared for slow, steady growth. We've been spoilt in recent years with constant success - but it wasn't always like that - remember the mid-nineties, we were struggling in the NPL (and then got relegated).
I sincerely hope so - I wish every football club well - clubs like Stanley are the lifeblood of football. Hopefully all the developments will be positive.
doheochai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 20:12   #29
Senior Member+

out of intrest how much are stanleys shares worth each ?
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2007, 20:40   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
out of intrest how much are stanleys shares worth each ?
Not what I paid for them

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..