Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2006, 23:22   #1
Senior Member+

Front Page of Tomorrows Sun Newspaper

says "Accrington Stanley say NO to Sven". Front page!

Sun newspaper have rung around trying to find a job for Sven & our fine club said no they didn't want Sven

Its front page just seen it on News 24!

We're the famous Accy Stanley & we on the front cover of the Sun! Its THE headline

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Accrington Web
Old 30-08-2006, 23:31   #2
God Member

Re: Front Page of Tomorrows Sun Newspaper

Sun today... daily sport tommorow... where will it all end.....
Old 31-08-2006, 08:35   #3

That's special that, i dont like how it keeps reffering to us as "minnows" and all this though

We'll show them at Watford
Old 31-08-2006, 13:59   #4
God Member

imagine my delight when i got my paper at 5.30 this morning!!!! we really have arrived!!

cart on:engsmil:
Old 31-08-2006, 14:13   #5
God Member

Just got sun newspaper and had a right good giggle!!!!

Our team is too good for bloody sven!!! what these people thinking of !!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 31-08-2006, 14:22   #6

do not buy the sun it prints lies.
Old 31-08-2006, 14:26   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly-clark
As apposed to all the other honest upstanding truthfull papers.....sigh
Old 31-08-2006, 14:26   #8
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly-clark
You said it, scum paper

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 31-08-2006, 14:28   #9
Senior Member+

Do you not think that this is one of the problems the club has with its image? And by association, it could account for the low crowds we're attracting.

The club is seen as a joke. The name is associated with having a giggle, be it with this sort of thing, or by the constant referencing to the milk ad.
Whenever I tell people that I am a Stanley fan they laugh, as if I'm not really serious. In my opinion, this just adds to people's existing perception.
Old 31-08-2006, 14:32   #10
God Member

It does detract from the massive hard work and the acievements the club have made .. asfc are in the football league on merit and people should be wriitng stories on what a fantastic manger we have and how well we have done to get into the football league.. instead there making fun..

But all publicity is good publicity and we cant deny the milk thing has done the club good... however I agree,,, its time to put it to bed.. we dont need all this do we... i dont know.. i just dont think we do..
Old 31-08-2006, 14:33   #11
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
Do you not think that this is one of the problems the club has with its image? And by association, it could account for the low crowds we're attracting.

The club is seen as a joke. The name is associated with having a giggle, be it with this sort of thing, or by the constant referencing to the milk ad.
Whenever I tell people that I am a Stanley fan they laugh, as if I'm not really serious. In my opinion, this just adds to people's existing perception.
Well well well, I'm in agreement with TM, when I was told of the story, I wouldn't read it would I, I was not impressed for the same reasons as TM.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 31-08-2006, 14:41   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
ad.
Whenever I tell people that I am a Stanley fan they laugh, as if I'm not really serious. .
I'm not surprised. If I had the misfortune to live in that dreary place, St Annes, then I would laugh. I would laugh at anything, in fact, being the only way to keep sane amongst the massed ranks of the west lancashire living dead.
Old 31-08-2006, 14:50   #13
God Member

The name does bring humour with it, it's inevitable. Milk adverts & ex-players looking like Phil Collins don't bring seriousness.
Once we start acheiving success for our league football they will all sit up and take notice for the right reasons & we'll be on all the BACK pages!

But for now let's enjoy it! We all know The Sun is a scummy rag but it's a national - & we're on the front!! ...with kate moss on the next
Old 31-08-2006, 14:50   #14
God Member

any publicity is good publicity.........cart on.!!
Old 31-08-2006, 14:53   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
Once we start acheiving success for our league football they will all sit up and take notice for the right reasons & we'll be on all the BACK pages!
My point furthur back is.. that time is now.... no matter what stanley achieve in the next 20 years it will never come close to what was achived last season... the culmination of over 40 years work... it takes one season to win an fa cup.. it took 40+ years to win a place in the league...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..