Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2007, 14:39   #61
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: great news on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLVERHAMPTON REDS View Post
if its the roof i will eat my hat AGAIN !
I did give someone else the chance to post this first but nobody took it up.
Wolverhampton Red you did it again, I can see the headline in the fanzine,

"Wolverhampton Red Eats Two Hats"

Come on John Timmins its got to stand a chance?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-06-2007, 14:57   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
I did give someone else the chance to post this first but nobody took it up.
Wolverhampton Red you did it again, I can see the headline in the fanzine,

Come on John Timmins its got to stand a chance?

me and my BIG MOUTH
Old 22-06-2007, 15:04   #63
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post

The headline wouldn't look out of place in a top shelf magazine.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 15:10   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by loweiy View Post
But then again people know who I am who are you?
Loweiy
Is the record stuck? Or is that an attempt to boost your own self-importance? Quite silly really.
Old 22-06-2007, 15:10   #65
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Dingles lack cojones, then?

That’s posh for not having any Bollocks Dave, As for Big Boys? How would you girls from the Turf no anything about it.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 15:33   #66
Senior Member+

well actually under the taylor report we need to have a full seater next season or otherwise we get relegated how ever this is suspended if we are building a new stadium..
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 16:33   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
well actually under the taylor report we need to have a full seater next season or otherwise we get relegated how ever this is suspended if we are building a new stadium..
No, no and thrice no. We only need to have approximately 3000 seats and a capacity of a minimum of 5000 by the end of the 2008-2009 season otherwise we will be relegated unless as you correctly state we are building a new stadium. However, the 5 year lease on the Crown and the building of a roof over the Clayton end and I have also heard bars at both ends of the ground seems to suggest we are staying put for a while yet. The only other thing we need to do is increase the lux of the floodlights if we gain another promotion. Taylor report does not apply until we get to the Premiership and that may just be a while off yet!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 17:15   #68
God Member

just had chance to post on this so..... about bloody time too!

the worrying thing is the 'small stand' bit. If it is a case of just a roof covering the entire Clayton End then why didn't this happen sooner? We were told of numerous hold ups due to change in designs etc to suit etc etc.

I am extremely happy that a roof is going on because I believe it will have a ridiculously positive effect on the noise levels and therefore hostility that both Eric and John have asked for on many occasions. You will really hear the Ultras this year because we have what we have when we go away but with five times the numbers of singers. The side standers/sitters should no longer have to put up with listening to away fans trying to outsing the home support because I think that we are as good at home as we are away minus drink fuelled extras.

But there will be criticism from some quarters depending on the finished article. Not least from myself and the OSC as toilets were allocated £1000 from OSC funds 3 or 4 years ago. Either way, all the money goes to the club in the end but the SUPPORTERS like to have a say on what it goes to. We were told the hold up was that the LCC had said we need to say what future plans we have nd that we need to incorporate these into todays plans.

I have said the last couple of paragraphs as Chairman of the Supporters Club and I feel that theses are issues that should be addressed. However, as Rob the Ultra, or Rob the Stanley fan I am just glad that progress is being made.
Old 22-06-2007, 17:48   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Taylor report does not apply until we get to the Premiership and that may just be a while off yet!
99% certain that you have to be all seater within 3 years if you get to the championship. Only excuse is a new ground in the planning.
Old 22-06-2007, 18:21   #70
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
the worrying thing is the 'small stand' bit.
Reckon the club need to put an official announcement about the roof on t'fishy site and perhaps go into a little more detail about it.
Old 22-06-2007, 18:33   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Taylor report does not apply until we get to the Premiership and that may just be a while off yet!
Negative waves, Ozzy, negative waves - keep the faith !

But I suppose there's no point in getting there until the Ultras are old enough to need to sit down - like wot I am nearly.
Old 22-06-2007, 18:34   #72
Super Moderator

Also, interesting news that the official shirt launch has been put back to early July, in order to stage a "full scale media event" in the words of Lew Carroll. Obviously, our new Commercial Manager is making his presence felt already!
Old 22-06-2007, 18:42   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Reckon the club need to put an official announcement about the roof on t'fishy site and perhaps go into a little more detail about it.
I reckon they're building a bus shelter style roof that'll cover about 1/3 of the terrace.
Old 22-06-2007, 18:47   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave
99% certain that you have to be all seater within 3 years if you get to the championship. Only excuse is a new ground in the planning.
Cast aside that 1% uncertainty. Have a read here:Football Licensing Authority - The FLA Licence - All-seated Stadia

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2007, 21:48   #75

just enough to keep the drum dry

i know tin monkey and he knows me
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..