Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2007, 10:07   #1
God Member

ground development plans?

Are there any imminent announcements regarding what will be done over the next twelve months?

We all know that by the end of next season we should have begun work on increasing the seated capacity by over a thousand, we all know that as per the sit down/stand up argument you cannot merely put seats onto a terrace designed for standing and vice versa. So where are these seats gonna go? Is the Whinney Hill stand (cow shed) up for re-development? Does that mean decreased allocation next season for away fans?

Is the long awaited roof finally going to arrive? at the last time of asking Kipax was quoting a director as saying it WILL go up at the end of January. Since then we hav ebeen informed that we are awaiting a decision on funding, well that shouldn't take this long.

When the roof arrives (paid for) does that mean that the car park at the Crown end will be re-laid and tidied? I believe the club are unwilling to spend on that job until after the roof has gone up so as not to have heavy goods vehicles rolling across a nice new car park.

Slightly further afield are there any definitive plans yet for the new clubhouse? A bar has to be built to increase the Clayton End matchday spend (and atmosphere) and it well known that the club want to turn the clubhouse into a corporate hospitality venue complete with catering etc. Both jobs will require an influx of cash but both will significantly increase the revenue streams.

Is there anything exciting and new in the pipeline that we haven't even expected yet? an electronic scoreboard maybe ........ hang on I'm getting silly now.

I really hope that an announcement is made properly rather than dribs and drabs coming out when work starts. We must know by now what is going to happen regards the seating plans, so provided we stay up this season the plans should be announced and drawings examined. Let the dog see the rabbit so to speak, the club get excited about new plans because they can see potentially lucrative new spends coming off the back of it, we get excited about new plans because it is like watching your kids grow up. Having seen the ground grow from being a mudbath with a poxy lean to stand in front of the clubhouse to what it is now is nothing short of amazing, but its like an adolescent child at the moment going through the trials and tribulations of puberty. Come on Stanley - time to grow a beard and stuff
Old 27-04-2007, 10:10   #2
God Member

Re: ground development plans?

and if all that work is done - and if the team don't have to go through another season like this - what the hell are we going to moan about next year??????

the programme better be good.......
Old 27-04-2007, 10:13   #3
I am Banned

LOL im sure someone or even me will find something to moan about best say it before someone else does
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 12:45   #4
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Slightly further afield are there any definitive plans yet for the new clubhouse? A bar has to be built to increase the Clayton End matchday spend (and atmosphere) and it well known that the club want to turn the clubhouse into a corporate hospitality venue complete with catering etc. Both jobs will require an influx of cash but both will significantly increase the revenue streams.
I saw an application for a licence in the paper the other week. Obviously Stanley already have a licence but that must only cover the clubhouse. This licence application is probably for another area of the ground.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 18:06   #5
God Member

heard something on sky that stanley have got permission to raise capacity to 5027

bye bye macc
Old 27-04-2007, 19:34   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
heard something on sky that stanley have got permission to raise capacity to 5027
Wish it told us that on the official site..... oh, hang on......
Old 27-04-2007, 19:47   #7

Angry Re: ground development plans?

[IMG]http://www.badgeplanet.co.uk/badges_large/champion-******-1.jpg[/IMG]

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 20:24   #8
Senior Member+

Hehehe.... that's a good one Jimbo.
Old 27-04-2007, 20:41   #9
Senior Member+

Good thread Rob but I cannot focus on anything other than beating Macclesfield viewed from the uncovered Clayton End on a nice day.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2007, 20:42   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Good thread Rob but I cannot focus on anything other than beating Macclesfield viewed from the uncovered Clayton End on a nice day.
Yup thats all i can think about an all
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 05:46   #11

A cover over the clayton end is must because it is fine on a fine sunny day, but not on a wet one and i have spoken to a few people who have said that the slightist hint of rain they will not come up due to the fact that they will not pay to get wet.

As regards to extra seating i seem to recall that something was mentioned a year or two back that they had got planning permission for a seating on the whinney hill side of the ground and it was planned for when we got into the league as funding was available.
rishton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 08:02   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Wish it told us that on the official site..... oh, hang on......
In fairness TM it was on the fishy site early morning, before it was on Sky
Old 28-04-2007, 08:19   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
In fairness TM it was on the fishy site early morning, before it was on Sky
And also in fairness, that was the point I was making.
Old 28-04-2007, 08:46   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I saw an application for a licence in the paper the other week. Obviously Stanley already have a licence but that must only cover the clubhouse. This licence application is probably for another area of the ground.
The licence they are applying for is for the whole area that belongs to the club, which in reality means that they can have bars on 4 sides of the ground, providing they keep within the perimeters.

Regarding the seating, have we not got to add another 1800 to bring it up to 3000 and also include some for away supporters, especially those with disabilities or the aged etc. This has to be done by the end of season 2008-2009 to comply with league rules or if we haven't been relegated, we would be automatically. However, if the club were looking to re-home elsewhere and things had moved on a pace and plans had been passed and the new ground had been started to be built, I believe we could ask for extra time on this one e.g. another season prior to moving into a purpose built stadium.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..