Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2006, 17:41   #31
God Member

Re: Itv1

How was that doing the Google Page Ranking any favours if you was a neutral never been to a stanley match what is their 1st impressions of Stanley after watching that - thanks to Coleys & whalleys comments??? Luckily the fans there make it welcoming & great to be at, not the said management as it seems. Plus they need to get real a little bit - just cos we made it to the football league does not give automatic prowess to encapulate full house - that is a slow injection that in time will happen, specially whilst we have been out of the league for a long time - that has in turn took its toll on the clubs support & a generation or 2 of football fans then turned their support to the neighbouring growing teams, its going to take time to re-adjust that - plus we need to focus on future generations to carry the club forth - its not going to happen overnight even over a month or so realistically, unless positive encouragement to convince these non supporters or convert.... so lets get realistic & work from there but coley & whalley need a Google Page Ranking lesson - quick before apathy sets in.[/quote]

here here accymel:engsmil: :engsmil: i completely agree with u on this
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2006, 17:50   #32
Senior Member+

As the progression occurs on the field, we just need to take a deep breath & remember how far we have come, manage a budget on our turnover & trust Coley & Jimmy to do the best that they can with the money.

As fans we just need to keep supporting despite a low crowd on Saturday we all need to make sure that we make the day as fun as possible. Say hello to people next to you, cheer, clap, lose your inhibitions, try not to grumble, be proud, be passionate & slowly, as a club, we will develop that 2000 hardcore of fans that will help us move to the next level.

Saturday lots of low crowds ie Macc, Barrow, York, Shots. We will never be the biggest but as a group we can be the best. LEts get the FES rocking, win lose or draw & whether there's 1600 or 600. The terrace (& I've never sat down since I was 13) has always been bouyant & a fun place to stand with your mates. We should be loud & proud - people will notice & people will return.

Get a Cup Run or glamour tie (Forest) & there will again be people that come for the first time. Lets keep them.

PS If you look at Kipax pics, there is a huge load of kids who used to stand in front of the singers. They are the ones from the terrace who seem to be missing. "Kid for a quid?". Just a thought

LOUD, PROUD & ACCY (& sometimes Aberdeen like this Saturday at St Mirren Wahoo!)

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 17:56   #33
God Member

i think all thes kids have gone to rovers cause theyve got a specail deal on for season ticket holders .i think we will have to succumbe to market forces and reduce prices ..i think weve missed the boat on these........
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 17:56   #34
I am Banned

Kid for a quid ???

If that was case i may be able to go a bit more often than it is now i sadly cant afford to go all home matches but im there as best i can at the mo but not as much as i'd like to.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 17:58   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley
i think all thes kids have gone to rovers cause theyve got a specail deal on for season ticket holders .i think we will have to succumbe to market forces and reduce prices ..i think weve missed the boat on these........
I'm hoping a few are on holiday & there mates won't go without Bob, Horace or Jonny

You know what snotty nosed kids attitudes are like

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 18:12   #36
God Member

ah well if we survive this season which i think we will we need to sign a superstar on loan next season to attract the youngsters back or maybe they are all waiting for big brother to finish
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2006, 21:19   #37

Talking Re: Itv1

Just as a sidenote - The Championship show on at 11am BST on ITV1 every Sunday morning mentioned that they will be showing all league 1 and 2 goals every week so for those that cant get there they can still see every goal Stanley score this season!!! S**T HOT!!!! (Well every Saturday game anyway)

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 18:02   #38
Senior Member+

Jimbo we have just got Setanta sports in the States and they show a Championship game every week and a round up of all the goals scored from League 1 and 2 and this week we had a highlight game..................Accrington Stanleys first win in the league for 44 years. its from sky I think but we got the Interviews from JC and Eric.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..