Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2007, 14:59   #1
Junior Member+

Jimmy Bell in league paper

Apologies if this has been raised in another thread, but why, in yeterday's league paper, was JB so concerned with how the CHESTER fans were feeling?

he said, "if I were a Chester fan then I would be going away disappointed because of the way they played in only coming fo a point."

Well, if I were a Chester fan I'd have been delighted at "accidentally" taking all three points when they'd only come for one.
And if I were Jimmy Bell, I'd be more concerned about how our own fans were feeling after the way we'd played for NO points.

Isn't it about time we had a manager's Forum evening? I'm sure there are others around who would like to ask questions of the management team, particularly around team selection, tactics etc. or are these events only held when things are going well?

can someone organise please? (as soon as possible...)
pilki is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-02-2007, 15:12   #2
Resting In Peace

Re: Jimmy Bell in league paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilki View Post
Apologies if this has been raised in another thread, but why, in yeterday's league paper, was JB so concerned with how the CHESTER fans were feeling?

he said, "if I were a Chester fan then I would be going away disappointed because of the way they played in only coming for a point."
Don't Chester usually go for a point when playing away ? Don't Chester usually shut up shop if they go a goal in front. Why then was it such a surprise when they came to defend. Maybe if we went away to defend and came home with a point or accidentally three points then we wouldn't be in the position we are now. Oh! I forgot - we don't know how to defend do we ? A couple of weeks ago Coley said that our defence wasn't good enough yet we played with the same back four on Saturday.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 16:01   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilki View Post
Isn't it about time we had a manager's Forum evening? I'm sure there are others around who would like to ask questions of the management team, particularly around team selection, tactics etc. or are these events only held when things are going well?

can someone organise please? (as soon as possible...)

Will organise via the next Supporters Club Meeting (12th Feb, 7pm, Sports Bar as usual)
Old 05-02-2007, 16:45   #4
God Member

Fair Dinkum !!!!!!!!!! you expect Messers Coleman and Bell to sit down with a bunch of fanatical supporters at a time when they have a relegation battle on their hands and under great pressure,and explain their reasons for playing so 'n so instead of whats his name????????????. Ya dreamin.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:55   #5
Junior Member+

Thanks Macca but do you mean you will ask them to come to OSC meeting, or that it can be discussed further then? I would imagine if you can get Coley and Jimmy along to the OSC meeting and advertise the fact in advance, then you would boost the numbers attending next Monday.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:05   #6
God Member

no, via the meeting we will request whether we can have a forum or not. As Kiwi John pointed out, they may not be willing to host a forum whilst things are hotting up. But I would have thought that, as in previous years, they would welcome a chance to speak to the fans. These forums have taken various forms (not least the ask the club questions section on here evey six months) but have invariably been before or after OSC meetings on the second monday of the month.
Old 06-02-2007, 18:01   #7
God Member

Jimmy Bell as quoted by today's (6th Feb) 'Lancashire Telegraph': "There were good signs there against Chester City."
Was he watching the same match as the rest of us?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 18:06   #8
God Member

the good signs were the Exits this way
Old 07-02-2007, 08:31   #9
Resting In Peace

The good thing was the fog coming down then we couldn't see.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:34   #10
God Member

I think soemtimes it would be easier on all of us and we would have more respect for folk if they said it right. "the players were awful today and didn't want to win" and then go and tell the players they were telling the fans what they wanted to hear and they weren't that bad and that there was encouraging signs.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:42   #11
Resting In Peace

They never say anything right. Why don't they just come out and say "We cannot afford a roof", then maybe people wouldn't keep going on about it. Instead they tell us we will have a roof by the end of the month or something similar. Why not be honest and tell us we cannot afford it, then that would be the end of it.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:48   #12
Senior Member+

Perhaps they don't want to look like a tinpot outfit?
Old 07-02-2007, 11:09   #13
Junior Member+

According to official website, coley will be at OSC meeting on Monday night. Fair play to him for taking up the challenge and thanks Macca if you had a hand in that - we'll be there
Old 07-02-2007, 15:42   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
The good thing was the fog coming down then we couldn't see.
That's just reminded me of when Liverpool lost (5-1) to the then unknown Ajax, Shankly blamed the fog.

Now that's football genius!

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..