Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2009, 18:17   #61
Super Moderator

Re: Just a reminder of how things used to be

Know them all, and know what the photo was all about!!

Presentation to the legenary Haggis of around 2k ( which was a massive sum in those days) at the end of his testimonial year. Cheque was drawn on Barclays Silver St Bury and had to be pre-ordered. In the photo are Tony Durkin (then Sports Editor of the Accy Observer, the Club Secretary ( I forget his name, some young lad) Tony Noonan, MD of Willowbridge Transport and Vice Chairman of the Club and Haggis.

Anything else required!!!

Cheers TM for this, good days!!

PS Gave the answer without opening the photo. I wrote this reply from memory not realising that the Barclays Bank address was so clear, honest!! Remenber walking thro Bury with the cheque, it was massive, felt a right idiot!! ( some might say I'm still one now)

Last edited by Mr T; 11-07-2009 at 18:21. Reason: additional info
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2009, 11:53   #62

In the Shurm era there was a small clubhouse, two small stands, the moat was around the pitch and no wall!!
Step 7 of the non league pyramid and we were proud!!

I was just thinking that was over 25 years ago !!!! Help I've just realised I'm an old git.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 12:31   #63
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
In the Shurm era there was a small clubhouse, two small stands, the moat was around the pitch and no wall!!
Step 7 of the non league pyramid and we were proud!!

I was just thinking that was over 25 years ago !!!! Help I've just realised I'm an old git.
The thing you've missed, is the good man looking after the pitch in that era; a top fella, Shurm senior. As said previously, proud to have known him!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 18:52   #64
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

remember having a badge very similar to the one ya posted T.M. don't think it was identical, that would be mid 50s, maybe some owd git like meself could say if it was the same?
Old 15-07-2009, 22:58   #65
God Member

i'm guessing at either

1c OSC Rob.jpg or 1d Kipax.jpg

the one that TM posted was originally designed and ordered by Mr T in the early eighties. THe first version had a gold/brass plated back to it. It was redone the following year with a silver/chrome/tin back to it.

according to Southern Red a few months ago

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 15-07-2009 at 23:01.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2009, 08:41   #66
Senior Member+

You're right Macca. The one I have is from the early 80s.
Old 16-07-2009, 09:47   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
i'm guessing at either

Attachment 14187

the one that TM posted was originally designed and ordered by Mr T in the early eighties. THe first version had a gold/brass plated back to it. It was redone the following year with a silver/chrome/tin back to it.

according to Southern Red a few months ago
cheers rob, thats the one i'm near sure, in fact would put money on it.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..