Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree110Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2016, 06:59   #1
Senior Member+

knee jerk 'fans'

Some absolutely shocking and embarrassing comments in the Newport math thread effectively calling for the manager to go

As a loyal proper fan I am ashamed other so called 'fans' could spout such negative words

I hope John and Jimmy recognise that the comments come from a a handful of long term haters who have been against their return from day one -

a few of them stated they wouldn't attend games anymore if they returned as the first team managers, based on the comments yesterday its a shame they didn't stick to their word.

Get behind the club
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-10-2016, 07:30   #2
Full Member+

Re: knee jerk 'fans'

Greetings, oh ye from another planet.
Leylandii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 08:02   #3

It's probably no coincidence Dav007 that these are the same people that don't like you being in the position of fan's rep.

Some people refuse to acknowledge the efforts and achievements of others. They must think both jobs are easy, or resent the prestige that both manager and fans rep brings.
DAV007 likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 08:04   #4
God Member

we,re all upset by yesterdays fiasco but lets not get too OTT about everything that happened. knowing football we could all be on here next week saying what a great bunch of lads we,ve got celabrating a cup win at bradford with a terry gornell winner. this is not sarcasm its what can happen. watched too much football over the years to see that one week is a long time in this game.
baldy, DAV007, chevyfire and 1 others like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 08:32   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
It's probably no coincidence Dav007 that these are the same people that don't like you being in the position of fan's rep.
Are you on drugs LordD?
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Old 30-10-2016, 08:49   #7

Luckily Andy Holt is a massive Coley fan and doesn't listen to such bile. Belives he deserves a Championship job. Or will people slate Andy Holt now? Thought not. We've had unparalleled glory under John and Jimmy and the way some people talk about them is disgusting. Some in that main stand can't wait for us to lose. It's like being down the road at Deadwood Park.

Beattie went 12 without a win and didn't get such stick.

It's akin to United fans slaying Fergie or Liverpool fans slating Shankly. Criticise when it's fair in terms of the performance but you don't get three promotions and almost a 4th on gates of 1200 without having something about you. People let their personal vendettas mask reality...and then when John and Jimmy come into the Crown they hide away in the corner. Spineless.

The lows feel lower after so many highs last season. We are going to play badly and get beat. It's part of the game.

Nah you're right. He's a clueless buffoon who won three promotions by accident and constantly gets us to punch above our weight by sheer luck.
Old 30-10-2016, 09:30   #8
God Member

Knee-jerk, indeed, Davo! Your thread topic is both knee-jerk and so, so predictable.
This is a fans' forum, not some Korean political party based on a personality cult.
Fans pay hard-earned money to watch football. Fans are individuals, not sheep. They have their own views, often different from the ones I have, but they are entitled to express them without a self-appointed Witch-Finder General leaping up every time there's criticism of the management team or any particular player.
I've not asked for anyone's sacking and I don't think many on here are doing that either. Of the two managers on show yesterday, I thank heavens we have Professor Coleman.
But, if you recall some of his recent interviews he has accepted that he must take criticism, particularly for home displays. That's all I have read on here...criticism.
If indeed you really believe yourself to have some divine right to represent all fans then you need to accept that they may not all agree with you all the time.
yerself, AccyMad, smudgie and 10 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2016, 11:32   #9

In fairness to Dav007, if we are on a witch hunt for knee jerk reactionaries then how about those who instantly jump down his throat every time the poor bloke posts something (if that metaphor holds true on't tinternet).

I don't know if it's just because he's in a position of authority, and there to be shot at, that he gets a lot of stick or what? He's only the fan's rep for gods sake, not the prime minister.

Hands off our Dav007. That's what I say.
baldy and DAV007 like this.
Old 30-10-2016, 11:34   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Hes in no position at all,which is why i asked if yeh were on drugs.
Old 30-10-2016, 12:45   #11

If that's so, then how come there's been an improvement in the DJing of late and the leaves had been swept from the concourse yesterday? Plus, no matches rained off so far this season. These things don't just happen by chance.
baldy, Red-Osbornello and DAV007 like this.
Old 30-10-2016, 12:53   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Oh my god, if yeh think thats down to Dav, then yer seriously on drugs.
KiTChener, mab and keep the faith like this.
Old 30-10-2016, 13:15   #13

And, I might add, he's very modest about these achievements. Not going around bragging like reps of other clubs do.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 30-10-2016, 13:47   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post

Some people refuse to acknowledge the efforts and achievements of others. They must think both jobs are easy, or resent the prestige that both manager and fans rep brings.
Not as far as I am concerned. The idea of a ****-taking wind-up merchant like Dav representing me or anybody else is a joke (actually I think the fans' rep idea was itself only a wind-up from the start), but I do come down on his side in this eternally ongoing argument. In my opinion, it's not a case of JC having taking us as far as he can, it's a case of him having already taken us well beyond anywhere we've a right to be, given a hard-core support of maybe 1200, and kept us there for 10 years, give or take a couple of years in the middle when he went elsewhere to prove his methods only work for us.
Old 30-10-2016, 13:48   #15
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: knee jerk 'fans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Knee-jerk, indeed, Davo! Your thread topic is both knee-jerk and so, so predictable.
This is a fans' forum, not some Korean political party based on a personality cult.
Fans pay hard-earned money to watch football. Fans are individuals, not sheep. They have their own views, often different from the ones I have, but they are entitled to express them without a self-appointed Witch-Finder General leaping up every time there's criticism of the management team or any particular player.
I've not asked for anyone's sacking and I don't think many on here are doing that either. Of the two managers on show yesterday, I thank heavens we have Professor Coleman.
But, if you recall some of his recent interviews he has accepted that he must take criticism, particularly for home displays. That's all I have read on here...criticism.
If indeed you really believe yourself to have some divine right to represent all fans then you need to accept that they may not all agree with you all the time.

Best post ive read on here in a long while.
KiTChener and Revived Red like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..