Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By AccyMad
  • 3 Post By DAV007

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2016, 21:19   #1
I am Banned

The crown

The pub will be run independently by will and Emma from the 7th of November it will be closed for 3 weeks for refurbishments the official re opening date is the 30th of November
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-11-2016, 21:43   #2
Senior Member+

Re: The crown

Have the club sold it?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:16   #3
God Member

The club didn't own it, they leased it from the brewery - Will & Emma are taking over the lease in their own right, best of luck to them.
Chrisr likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:54   #4
Senior Member+

Hi Will and Emma, I hope your doing well.
On behalf of the fans of Accrington Stanley and the thousands of visiting supporters I want to pass on our best wishes and trust you will make the crown even more welcoming (if that was possible!).

I look forward to catching up with you in the near future and hope your latest adventure managing the Crown becomes a huge success.
baldy, choirboy and Chrisr like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:13   #5
I am Banned

Still it's 3 weeks of finding another pub before and after match
Old 02-11-2016, 09:31   #6
God Member

Yeah, it's only 2 home games though - Stevenage & Yeovil I think, there's always the clubhouse for post match deliberations
Old 02-11-2016, 10:11   #7
I am Banned

Surely there's an opportunity for the club to have the big gazebo up again in the car park for them 2 games sell the booze out there till the pubs back up and running
Old 02-11-2016, 10:31   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
The club didn't own it, they leased it from the brewery - Will & Emma are taking over the lease in their own right, best of luck to them.
Wish them well, wonder why the club have packed in with the lease?
Old 02-11-2016, 11:00   #9
Senior Member+

There's always the Clayton End Fan Zone if you're lucky enough to be a Clayton Ender...!

Guessing the club have decided to try and pack the Sports Bar out on match days instead of having two pubs?

Hopefully be some good drink deals on, what happened to them 4 Pinter jugs that the Sports Bar used to do? Remember them being quite decent value and saves queing...
Old 02-11-2016, 11:24   #10
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
what happened to them 4 Pinter jugs that the Sports Bar used to do? Remember them being quite decent value and saves queing...
I remember when the Oaklea used to do those. Would often have a jug or two pre-match...

Illustrations, Web & Graphic Design:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk

Accrington Stanley Section:
www.pixelborndesigns.co.uk/sections/accrington-stanley
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:30   #11
God Member

Could all decamp to the Oaklea then . . . . . . . . Oh, hang on a minute - don't suppose the new residents would be too keen on a bunch of Stanley fans drinking beer from a jug in their posh foyer

Baldy - you don't have to be a Clayton Ender to enjoy the FanZone, they even let us rabble from the main stand round there at half time
Old 02-11-2016, 12:38   #12

Quote:
Yeah, it's only 2 home games though - Stevenage & Yeovil I think, there's always the clubhouse for post match deliberations
Jolly good show chaps!
We don't want the b****rs who did us out of promotion to league 1 & those zider drinkers who ruined our date with Man U to feel the warmth of our famous hospitality.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 18:57   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Could all decamp to the Oaklea then . . . . . . . . Oh, hang on a minute - don't suppose the new residents would be too keen on a bunch of Stanley fans drinking beer from a jug in their posh foyer

Baldy - you don't have to be a Clayton Ender to enjoy the FanZone, they even let us rabble from the main stand round there at half time
Watched the second half from the clayton and you don't get a bad view,pity about the game !!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..