Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 20:00   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Lancashire Cup V Oldham.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley2011 View Post
...and second half: Oldham Athletic | News | News Update | News Update | SECOND-HALF REPORT
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-01-2012, 20:15   #47

Wigan at home and then home in the final if we get through
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 20:17   #48
Senior Member+

Well a decent game tonight.

Craney scored a great goal but as for Coid's...... wow.

Murdoch had a very good game and is pushing Bav's all the way at the moment.

Great to see Taylor again, who looked abit rusty but had some tasty 1st half runs

Guthrie looked abit better but his confidence is at rock bottom I think, hope he plays and scores against Wigan in the next round.

Nice to see Bouza again, though he was abit shaky, couldent do anything about Craney's or Coidy's but his handing looked abit suspect. Well done to those little get's behind the goal for barracking everything he did. Language was disgusting.

Anyway not to spoil a decent night, looking forward to the Wigan game.

Last edited by Stanleymad; 10-01-2012 at 20:31. Reason: language family forum
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 20:20   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Is it Half-Time yet, also how's the pitch looking?
The pitch was alright. To say we've had a fair bit of rain recently, the pitch does seems to be holding up really well. Certainly much better than previous seasons.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 20:29   #50
Senior Member+

Things are looking rosy,competition in all positions,a tasty little squad has been put together.
I wouldnt have played Bender tho,would have saved him for weekend.
Noticed young stockdale played,he seemed a decent prospect,how did he do???
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 20:33   #51
Senior Member+

All the young lad's did VERY well.

Was especially impressed with young Willis at center back.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 20:33   #52
God Member

Enjoyed the match tonite was a good game, think our 2nd team is looking very promising indeed, especially the youngsters quite a few of them had a really good match. Danny coids goal was a corker nice to see craney back doing what craney does best, think hes not long off coming back to 1st team.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 20:34   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Things are looking rosy,competition in all positions,a tasty little squad has been put together.
I wouldnt have played Bender tho,would have saved him for weekend.
Noticed young stockdale played,he seemed a decent prospect,how did he do???
All the youth team players played well. Still think Chesney looks the pick of the bunch.
Old 10-01-2012, 20:44   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
All the youth team players played well. Still think Chesney looks the pick of the bunch.
Cos he is the one and only!
Old 10-01-2012, 20:48   #55

Well done to those little get's behind the goal for barracking everything he did. Language was disgusting. (Quote from Smudgie)

Why were they in there, when only main stand opened??
Felt like going over there & giving them a taste of my walking stick!

Last edited by KiTChener; 10-01-2012 at 20:51.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 21:11   #56
Senior Member+

Gutted as i was going to go!!!, There seems to be a "feel good" factor at the club at the moment,and with so many players pushing for first team places,i can only seeing it continuing.
Think the manager would have been knighted by now if he was at any other club !!!!--unbelieveable really what he has built and achieved.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 21:13   #57

Some very good performances throughout tonights 'prospects' squad.

Echo the words on Willis at centre back he played well. And the young ginger lad in the centre mid, Hopper his name played very well.

I know I like a good shout and barrack behind the goals and somewhat lead it within the ultras but the 'kids' behind the goals we're embarrassing. This isnt what the 'ultras' profess nor influence. The lack of brains in this case was probably the main reason. I stood behind the goals for about 2minutes but then had to walk away.
Old 10-01-2012, 21:17   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
And the young ginger lad in the centre mid, Hopper his name played very well.

That's Chesney I was referring to earlier

Seen him play for the youth team a couple of times this season, can see him working his way through to first team, just needs to start eating 3 shredded wheat for breakfast instead of 2
Old 10-01-2012, 21:20   #59
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Looking at the teamsheet tonight,i thought who are they team 1 Murdoch,2 Coid, 3 Willis, 4 Bender, 5 Richardson capt, 6 Craney, 7 Barnett, 8 Hopper, 9 Taylor, 10 Guthrie, 11 Stockdale.Subs: 12 Dawber gk, 14 Wilkinson, 15 Sargent,16 Greenhalgh, 17 Dailey.Great result and now wigan at home in the semis and then man u at old trafford a waits the winner,back to tonight,number 3 willis was outstanding at the back,number 8 Hooper what a find we have in this lad an outstanding performance in midfield he reminds me of (paul schols) hes got the lot good on the ball fearless in he tackle one to watch out for imho number 11 stockdale up front played well good on the ground and in the air,Dawber (gk) came on for the last 5/10 mins did ok,Wilkinson and Greenhalgh made the most of theresubs roll both good on the ball. In a whole it was a great team performace all round slick passing and great cover play The Futures bright
Old 10-01-2012, 21:21   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
Some very good performances throughout tonights 'prospects' squad.

Echo the words on Willis at centre back he played well. And the young ginger lad in the centre mid, Hopper his name played very well.

I know I like a good shout and barrack behind the goals and somewhat lead it within the ultras but the 'kids' behind the goals we're embarrassing. This isnt what the 'ultras' profess nor influence. The lack of brains in this case was probably the main reason. I stood behind the goals for about 2minutes but then had to walk away.
It was good to have the ultras in the main stand for a change glad u pointed that out tho looks like we have rogue bad uns clearly on their own.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..