Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 22:31   #121
God Member

Re: Lancashire Cup V Oldham.......

Who cares? It doesn't matter if they kick off at the crack of dawn or play it behind closed doors. As long as Leam gets to give his squad a run out in something resembling a competitive match, that's all that matters.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-02-2012, 22:39   #122
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Who cares? It doesn't matter if they kick off at the crack of dawn or play it behind closed doors. As long as Leam gets to give his squad a run out in something resembling a competitive match, that's all that matters.
Me that's who and the look on my lads face tonight when i told him he wouldnt be going!!!if its to be a 2pm ko move the match to the following wk 14th feb while halfterm is on
Old 02-02-2012, 05:16   #123
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Me that's who and the look on my lads face tonight when i told him he wouldnt be going!!!if its to be a 2pm ko move the match to the following wk 14th feb while halfterm is on
Ah yes because then there would be an influx of schoolies and a bumper crowd watching... Somehow, I doubt it.

It's a ressies game for god's sake.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:08   #124
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Ah yes because then there would be an influx of schoolies and a bumper crowd watching... Somehow, I doubt it.

It's a ressies game for god's sake.
No need to be sarcastic about it shaker. if you went to the oldham game you'l have seen a great game of footie that night,and with work commitments 2pm on a tuesday afternoon is no good not just to me but others as well. and isnt it all about supporting your team ....
Old 02-02-2012, 07:03   #125
Senior Member+

Well said mab.

He probably didnt even go the Oldham game, which I really enjoyed.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:08   #126
Senior Member+

Being totally selfish, I agree with Mab - move it to the following week when the school kids are off - oh and move it to the 15th so i can go wi' the missus and take the mickey out of her (WAFC fan), as i will back from Espana.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:37   #127
God Member

Let's face it, no matter what time the game is played it won't suit everyone - not everybody works Monday to Friday 9 - 5, there'll be some who wouldn't have been able to make it for a night game & if this arrangement is best for the team so be it - what happened to getting 110% behind the new regime?
When we had a reserve team, a lot of their games were played in the afternoons & I don't remember many complaining about it then?
Surely all that matters is that those who can get there, go & support our lads & give 'em an extra shout for those of us that can't
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:53   #128
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Let's face it, no matter what time the game is played it won't suit everyone - not everybody works Monday to Friday 9 - 5, there'll be some who wouldn't have been able to make it for a night game & if this arrangement is best for the team so be it - what happened to getting 110% behind the new regime?
When we had a reserve team, a lot of their games were played in the afternoons & I don't remember many complaining about it then?
Surely all that matters is that those who can get there, go & support our lads & give 'em an extra shout for those of us that can't
No-one seems to be looking at the big picture, Seems to me all about personal preference, n sod whats best option fer the First team.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:10   #129
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
!if its to be a 2pm ko move the match to the following wk 14th feb while halfterm is on
In which case it would be youth team anyway, can't imagine any first teamers will want to play Afternoon & Night

Now you know why some clubs don't enter it
Old 02-02-2012, 09:43   #130

Bit gutted was going to go on and show my support but oh well no point crying over split milk.
Ouber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:01   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouber View Post
Bit gutted was going to go on and show my support but oh well no point crying over split milk.
It's what Ian Rush Drinks
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:56   #132
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
No-one seems to be looking at the big picture, Seems to me all about personal preference, n sod whats best option fer the First team.
This.
Old 05-02-2012, 17:56   #133

Let's see what the attendance is on Tues and compare it to the Oldham game.
I intended going but can't now due to work commitments............ The Crown wil loose out a bob or two if I'm not going either

Hey you, don't watch that watch this! This is the heavy heavy monster sound,
The nuttiest sound around. So if you've come in off the street and you're beginning to feel the heat,
Well listen buster, you better start to move your feet to the rockinest, rock-steady beat of STANLEY

SOS 243
Stephen666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 17:57   #134

Sorry, just to make my last post a little clearer, if the match was kicking off at the original time I would have been going.

Hey you, don't watch that watch this! This is the heavy heavy monster sound,
The nuttiest sound around. So if you've come in off the street and you're beginning to feel the heat,
Well listen buster, you better start to move your feet to the rockinest, rock-steady beat of STANLEY

SOS 243
Stephen666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 18:03   #135
God Member

Many of us would like to go, but the floodlights use lots electricity, and 200 people paying £3 would not cover the cost.
Also, with the weather as it is at the moment, the pitch would probably be freezing in the evening. There is a bigger chance the pitch would be payable in the afternoon.

I don't like it, but it's best for the club, and that is, in reality, all that matters.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..