Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2012, 16:05   #1
Senior Member+

Late Exeter Thread - but not late enough

The result and the crowd figure say it all.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-08-2012, 16:12   #2

Re: Late Exeter Thread - but not late enough

The only possitive was the penelty save, they were better than us in all departments
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 16:26   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Exeter deserved the win, we never worked their keeper until 10 mins before half time, very poor,too many Ariel balls, abysmal attendance, which may be a positive after that display, At least its 6 pts from 3 tough opening matches, which i said pre-match,i would have took if offered. The only positive from today is Rochdale got stuffed.
Old 25-08-2012, 16:39   #4
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Exeter deserved the win, we never worked their keeper until 10 mins before half time, very poor,too many Ariel balls, abysmal attendance, which may be a positive after that display, At least its 6 pts from 3 tough opening matches, which i said pre-match,i would have took if offered. The only positive from today is Rochdale got stuffed.
You've got it one cashy and picking luck j as mom thought Toto should of been given it imho. Rommy Boco and Andy Bishop were at todays game in the directors seating area
Old 25-08-2012, 16:40   #5

My 1st game bk in over year half due to running commitments. Looked good for 15 mins in all game
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 16:43   #6
God Member

A harsh footballing lesson for Stanley in a way the inexperience told as it was men against boys with Exeter looking a very good passing side. Defensively we looked frail and some basic blunders, midfield looked wafer thin at times and we struggled up front with nothing really clicking, positives second half we had a go and looked more of a threat particularly with the introduction of Chippendale down the left starting to create but one for Cookie and the lads to sit down and watch back and learn from which I am sure they will.

As Cashy said six points from three tough fixtures is a good return so just back to the training ground and go again next Saturday at Cheltenham.

The crowd number today however is a real worry coming off the back of two wins and the feel good factor before today's game

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 16:44   #7
Senior Member+

That awful attendance is amazing after two good wins. Torrential rain? Everyone gone to Blackpool for the Bank Holiday weekend? Any other ideas?
Old 25-08-2012, 16:49   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
That awful attendance is amazing after two good wins. Torrential rain? Everyone gone to Blackpool for the Bank Holiday weekend? Any other ideas?
Yeh i'll give yeh one, How about many of our locals are a waste of space?
Old 25-08-2012, 16:55   #9

Thats not going to encourage anyone cashy , but I admit the crowd figure was disapointing
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 16:56   #10
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Rommy Boco and Andy Bishop were at todays game in the directors seating area
I presume you mean Andy Bishop from the Shakers??? Funny that ........as he was listed as one of the Bury substitutes at the Ricoh ( Coventry ) this afternoon !!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 16:56   #11

Thumbs down Re: Late Exeter Thread - but not late enough

Plus £17 for walk on adults.
Old 25-08-2012, 16:59   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Thats not going to encourage anyone cashy , but I admit the crowd figure was disapointing
Past caring, if 2 wins against 2 of the top sides in division don't encourage, what i say won't make much difference. So i'll stand by me comment.
Old 25-08-2012, 17:05   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Rovers at home, DIY , people gone away for the weekend as you say million and one reasons but we have to keep banging the drum we are a FL Club and look at ways to attract Fans old and new whilst keeping them coming back

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 17:26   #14

How many from exeter city to day .
Old 25-08-2012, 17:32   #15
Resting in Peace

Smile Re: Late Exeter Thread - but not late enough

Rovers at home cannot be a factor in the terrible gate. If anything their missing thousands this season should have boosted our support. I just couldn't believe the empty spaces at kick off, though I should know better by now. Cooky must be absolutely devastated that two wins on the bounce are rewarded thus. How can the team be expected to inspire under these circumstances? It must have been a factor in Stanley's insipid performance today. Exeter will not have an easier 3 points all season. We were terrible. Toto threatened to self destruct several times before he was caught napping yet again for their second goal and should have been hauled off immediately, unless Eckersley wasn't available? I'm struggling to nominate a MOM, and certainly Joyce wasn't it, as he seemed to have reverted back to his poor form from last season. Sheppard was subbed again instead of Podge, who had another nothing game, and why Gray wasn't brought on beggars belief. I would like to see Dawson given a start instead of Lindfield who, whatever Football 19 says, is far better at full back than playing further upfield. All very depressing, though at least the Shrimps got tubbed by Port Vale.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..