Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 11:13   #16

Re: Letter and message from Ilyas

I also am a shareholder and I have recieved no communication from the club or elsware. We have never had a shareholders meeting for some years now probably five, we are getting the mushroom syndrome. I would welcome a meeting, and would under certain circumstances probably invest a little bit more in the club.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2009, 11:19   #17
K-P

Its gotta be more than 5 yrs.. I heard pre eric the last one ...
Old 03-04-2009, 12:12   #18

No K.P it's definitely during Erics reign, spoke to a fellow shareholder and he thinks four years. However it's far too long. I was only saying to the wife if (when) David takes over I will be writing to him, asking for a shareholders meeting.
I doubt very much if we will ever hear from the Club, regarding the letter from Ilyas.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:16   #19
Senior Member+

You've done really well then Tommy, as I haven't been invited to a meeting since Terry Styring was kicked off the Board. That was well before Eric took over.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:22   #20
K-P

I havent got any.. All before my time I think.. But how many where available at what cost and how many did the fans buy in total.. Anyone know?
Old 03-04-2009, 12:24   #21
Resting In Peace

At the moment the Club is 'In the full control of Mr. E. Whalley' according to the accounts lodged at Companies House, so if Mr. E. Whalley votes not to have a shareholders meeting there is no shareholders meeting as he cannot be outvoted . If there was a meeting there is nothing the shareholders can do because whatever Eric votes on is carried as he has 56%. I don't think it is longer than four or five years since the last meeting.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:38   #22
K-P

So apart from helping to support the club in there hour of need... was there any benefit to buying shares?
Old 03-04-2009, 12:51   #23

The shares were opened up to the supporters at a meeting with the former chaiman John Alty. I don't think a lot of people took advantage of the offer.I know two of us purchased some shares.
Eric sent out a letter asking for people to donate their shares back to the Club, as quite a few owned one pound shares at that time. I think the reson was so that the Directors could purchase shares. Needless to say I and my mate did'nt.
Yes K.P. there does'nt seem to be any advantage in owning shares, other than when we did have shareholders meeting we did at least get to know the financial situation for the previous year, we were given audited accounts to study.
Old 03-04-2009, 18:02   #24
Senior Member+

You're quite right, there is no advantage at all to owning shares in Stanley. I never bought mine as an investment, just merely to help the club out when they were strapped for cash.

I think the main reason why I have never heard anything about meetings, etc, is because the club no longer has my address as a shareholder. I've moved a few times since I bought the shares.
Old 03-04-2009, 18:15   #25
Senior Member+

I hope the Club has a sudden attack of common sense and listens to Ilyas Khan and his suggestions; I know him to be a man of sound character and integrity , a man deeply involved in sport in Accrington, not just Stanley or football either! This is a generous man who doesn't court publicity but has our interests at heart.
Stanley, ignore this at your peril!
Old 03-04-2009, 18:18   #26
Member.

I'd like to meet Mr. Khan, if only to shake his hand........what is now, 47 years ago. If there is a issue, I'm in for what I can scrap together but for god shake don't tell Joyce.

Cheers K-P.......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 20:04   #27
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I hope the Club has a sudden attack of common sense and listens to Ilyas Khan and his suggestions; I know him to be a man of sound character and integrity , a man deeply involved in sport in Accrington, not just Stanley or football either! This is a generous man who doesn't court publicity but has our interests at heart.
Stanley, ignore this at your peril!
Nail...head...hit.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..