Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2009, 20:31   #1
K-P

Letter and message from Ilyas

OK I know the link to his letter has been posted..But I have spoken to Ilyas tonight and he has asked me to post it on here for him and he adds the following

Quote:
However, if you go on the site, please do mention that you
have been in touch, and that I always was, and always will be both honest and true to my commitment to Stanley.
He also told me his reasons for not wanting to be involved with runnign the club (distance) and his intentions which are pretty much the same as in the letter... My own views made clear earlier today are that Ilyas would be good for the club.. He is honest open and transparent in what he does and for me the biggest plus is he isn't doing it for fame or anything for himself.. I know some of the things he has done for the club in the past and remained anonymous

PS
Also as willie miller will back me up on ... he likes to wind up the odd barrow fan from time to time

So as I have been asked to.. here it is in it's original form..

Quote:
OPEN LETTER TO DIRECTORS AND SHAREHOLDERS AND ALL STAKEHOLDERS OF ACCRINGTON
STANLEY
Dear Rob

Following recent events I understand that the club is in the process of
borrowing money to pay off current liabilities.

As I am sure you are aware, I think this is absolutely the worse step that
we could take. I am also shocked that in the current environment, that the board and shareholders would even contemplate taking such a step. Events in all spheres of life in the past year surely must have taught us that debt is not the answer. It is the problem.

I would like to request a meeting of the shareholders, as soon as possible,
where we can organise a new issuance of shares and raise money to put into the club and restore it to financial health. I am willing to subscribe for
new shares, and I am know many other people, including David O/Neil (I
imagine), would also be prepared to buy shares. A new share issue will
strengthen the clubıs balance sheet, and will ensure that Accrington Stanley remains free of debt. I will buy upto £200,000 worth of new shares myself.

This means we could probably raise much more as I know that David, a wealthybusinessman in his own right, also has the capacity to invest more. I would like to request that as Chief Executive you pass this message onto all shareholders. I am available at short notice and can get to the club at any time you request * including today evening * if other shareholders are around. Please would you kindly ensure Mr Whalley gets this letter, and all other directors and shareholders you might be aware of.

I am sending this letter to both the Lancashire Evening Telegraph and also
the Accrington Observer in order to ensure that the widest constituency of shareholders can hear about my request for a shareholderıs meeting.

I am sure that there will be other issues that can be discussed in that
forum, but my request is very simple. Please do not put our venerable and
much loved club into debt. Please accept an equity offering that will
restore the balance sheet and pay off debt. All of us who love and admire
the club will step up, I am sure.

I will close by asking you to let David know that if he wishes to buy Ericıs
shares then he has my support. I have no ambition to run or manage the club in any form. My desire, exhibited over 17 years now, is for the club to be healthy and for the people of Accrington to take pride in thıowd reds ! Lets not run the risk of being deducted points for things that are off the field. Lets not borrow money that we donıt have. These securitised debt instruments that pay today for future revenue are the kiss of death. Look at RBS, look at the other well known casualties of the financial crisis. Lets not allow Accrington Stanley to fall into that trap. We have alternatives. Lets use them.

Ilyas Khan
Old 02-04-2009, 20:43   #2
K-P

Re: Letter and message from Ilyas

Was it passed on to you TM ? ...I think your the only shareholder on here
Old 02-04-2009, 20:45   #3
Senior Member+

Not officially, but I've read about it on here.
Old 02-04-2009, 20:59   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
OK I know the link to his letter has been posted..But I have spoken to Ilyas tonight and he has asked me to post it on here for him and he adds the following

He also told me his reasons for not wanting to be involved with runnign the club (distance) and his intentions which are pretty much the same as in the letter... My own views made clear earlier today are that Ilyas would be good for the club.. He is honest open and transparent in what he does and for me the biggest plus is he isn't doing it for fame or anything for himself.. I know some of the things he has done for the club in the past and remained anonymous

PS
Also as willie miller will back me up on ... he likes to wind up the odd barrow fan from time to time

So as I have been asked to.. here it is in it's original form..
Thanks for the post K-P, great to see you putting your energies into getting the message about the club into everybodies face..

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 21:03   #5
God Member

sounds fair enough to me.
Old 02-04-2009, 21:35   #6
Senior Member+

Sounds like he is a very honest man and has the club at heart like Eric! I think all of us would agree we do not want to the club to go into any sort of debt!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 21:47   #7
Senior Member+

In Eric we trust..... all others pay cash!

Top Bloke is Eastern Red

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 23:28   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

good on yer K-P.
Old 03-04-2009, 00:53   #9
God Member

If they did do a share offer, I'ld put my hand up -though not in the same league as Ilyas
of course...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:46   #10
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
I think your the only shareholder on here
Jeff has shares I'm sure.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:51   #11

Thumbs up Re: Letter and message from Ilyas

Quote:
PS
Nowt wrong wi that either.

I hope the club listens to Ilyas' request - after all, what harm can holding a meeting do? Gets everything out in the open for all involved if nothing else. Lets have our own Stanley 'G20' Wish I was in a financial position to be prepared to help on the scale of this dedicated and loyal Stanley fan's proposals. If this opportunity is needed, I am not saying it is and I am not saying it isnt but IF it is (Ilyas is obviously seriously concerned that it is), I just hope the club dont let it slip past them by ignoring this simple and honest request... Last thing anyone wants is a points deduction and conference football next season.

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:12   #12
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

new issuance of shares!!! would these new shares if made available would it just be for existing share holders or open to any fan that may wish to buy some????????? if so not knowing the value of the shares of the club how much would they cost?? anyone any idear......
Old 03-04-2009, 07:34   #13

As a very minor shareholder ,I have had no communication from the club,and can't remember the last time I was invited to attend a shareholders meeting to go over the balance sheet!!
Old 03-04-2009, 07:55   #14
Super Moderator

As far as I'm concerned, the club should snatch his hand off and if they don't, they must be absolutely barking. Having talked to the guy, I know, he's genuine 100% Stanley and that's a fact. As for the share issue, I'd certainly buy a few (although possibly a few less than Ilyas!).
Old 03-04-2009, 09:00   #15
Senior Member+

Surely Stanley is a private company, so the shares wont be listed. As such enabling the select few to purchase them.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..