Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2011, 10:50   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Live text on this afternoon's game against Rovers

Live text on this afternoon's game

The official website will be providing a live text commentary service on this afternoon's friendly against Blackburn Rovers.
To keep up to date with everything that happens at the Globe Arena, simply click HERE at midday.
The club is testing this service to see if it would be a valuable addition for the new season.
As a result, your feedback is welcome. If you have a thought on the service, good or bad, after today's game and would like to let us know email [email protected].
Old 16-07-2011, 13:15   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Live text on this afternoon's game against Rovers

well i fer one am impressed wi the new coverage, twill do fer me. report already on fishy also.
Old 16-07-2011, 13:33   #3
Senior Member+

Me 2 cashy,especially when ur sunbathing in tenerife lol , sounds like there's a reasonable squad developing
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 13:46   #4

hope you can find footage of the game today just to see curtis guthrie's headed goal, fantastic
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 13:49   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

with the promise the lad seems to be showing, hope coley gets him signed P.D.Q. yeh never know, could develop into a very handsome payday fer stanley.
Old 16-07-2011, 13:54   #6
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Hope its used through out the season specialy the away games where coverage is limited, cheers Dan
Old 16-07-2011, 15:18   #7
God Member

A quiet first half from the Red Men, second half Stanley changed up a gear with the changes and put some nice passing moves together with Coid showing his experience down the left hand side.

Once again impressed with Guthrie great header ran the line really well with some good lay offs and looked strong holding the ball up.

The lad gives us something very different which I have not seen from a front man at Stanley for a while in that he has a good aerial presence whilst being good and quick with the ball into feet for me it's a no brainer get him signed up.

Nothing to me is better than seeing a player develop and grow into a role and this lad fits like a glove so far.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 15:33   #8
Senior Member+

Well an enjoyable day up the M6.

Thought the keeper (Murdock) looked good, apart from their 2nd goal which was unlucky.

Great to see Barnett play, hopefully means he is staying ?

Also impressed with Darville in the 2nd half.

Another great goal by Guthrie, agreed its VERY early days but theres a HUGE difference between scoring against Radcliffe and scoring against Blackburn (with Robinson, Givet etc).

Sign him up, NOW !!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 16:07   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Well an enjoyable day up the M6.

Thought the keeper (Murdock) looked good, apart from their 2nd goal which was unlucky.

Great to see Barnett play, hopefully means he is staying ?

Also impressed with Darville in the 2nd half.

Another great goal by Guthrie, agreed its VERY early days but theres a HUGE difference between scoring against Radcliffe and scoring against Blackburn (with Robinson, Givet etc).

Sign him up, NOW !!!
Aint seen the lad yet, but it sure as hell aint rocket science goin off the 2 reports.
Old 16-07-2011, 17:00   #10
Resting in Peace

Agree with P.R. and Smudgie. Thought Kevin McIntyre also had a good game and nearly knocked out a Rovers defender with a free kick in the first half. Coid was great down the left after switching from the right, and Luke Joyce really drove us forward in the second half. Just as we were looking more like the Premiership side in a great spell they scored the raggy winner. I'd rather have our young C.F. trialist than 6m Kalinici, who spends half the time on the floor. What a moment for the raw young lad scoring against 30m rated defenders Robinson, Givet, Olsson and Hanley! Charlie told me he would be signing when I collared him before the game - I really hope he means it.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 17:11   #11
Senior Member+

Great news Redraine!!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 17:17   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
but it sure as hell aint rocket science goin off the 2 reports.
Don't believe everything you read on here. Some of 'em used to think Shaun Whalley was a footballer.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 17:45   #13

Please can someone tell me who number 11 was. I thought he had a decent game.
Old 16-07-2011, 17:50   #14

trialist, thats all we know
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 17:52   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Thought Kevin McIntyre also had a good game and nearly knocked out a Rovers defender with a free kick in the first half.
He already sounds like a great signing

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..