Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2006, 10:51   #16
Junior Member+

Re: Local Residents

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossyclogger
The way things are going the club will be agreeing to stop playing football at the ground. they seem to have caved in on everything else.
That more or less says what i said. For some reason it was not displayed. I agree that we need good relations with the local residents but were is it going to stop they (the local residents) are in for a culture shock.

come on england:engsmil: :engsmil:
accyred&blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-06-2006, 11:10   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
For people who moved there 8 or more years ago, there wasn't any noise. With gates of 300, matchdays were nothing more than an inconvenience.
Today there are real issues on matchdays and not just with the noise. Issues to do with policing, parking, public safety, etc.

I believe it essential that the club works with the local residents, which of course they are doing.
I agree Tin Monkey, except it has always been a known fact that Accrington Stanley will move forward. Eric said on numerous occasions that we will be back in the Football League within 5 years - and we are. The FES, IES or whatever has always been a football ground of some sort, Stanley have been there since the 60's, Eric since the 90's - it's always been clear that we are gonna push forward, develop the ground, win promotion etc. The residents have known this, maybe they didnt think that would ever happen, but now it has they should not be trying to hold us back. Sorry - rant over...
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2006, 13:14   #18
Senior Member+

Just typical of some of thre residents of Accy, they don't want the town to go forward, they live in a little world of "it was never like this when I were a lad" and if any changes come along they are critised and pulled apart, the 2 councillers should be ashamed of themselves they are there to represent Accrington not just a few householders, they should be jumping up and down and shouting from the rooftops that Stanley are in their ward, what an honor and opportunity for the town to be back on the map and in the minds of advertisers and companies looking to relocate, instead they will see a couple of amateur politicains complaining.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2006, 19:52   #19
I am Banned

Talking Re: Local Residents

why dont we try and bribe them with a few free tickets
waltergalbraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 17:48   #20
Senior Member+

because the local council already get enough free tickets if you don't mind.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 17:57   #21
I am Banned

not the councillors the local residents
Old 21-06-2006, 20:08   #22
Senior Member+

why should the moaning local 'anti stanley' residents get in for nothing when everyone else has to pay.

One of the reasons the local residents sited whilst objecting to the new control tower was it obstructed their view across the ground!! I think they've seen enough free games.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2006, 23:02   #23
Senior Member+

Surely if success breeds success then not only will the Whinney Hill terrace be upgraded (planning permission already approved), but surely the main stand as it is will eventually be double tiered? to increase capacity to in the region of 10,000 or will the club move to a new site? and if so where - not Huncoat power station site I hope. but where else in the Borough is there a site big enough, I know Thorneyholme Road was mentioned some time ago, but that died a death and again the problem with local residents arise. Whilst I have some sympathy with local residents, it is only for up to 4 or 5 hours of congestion on match days of which there should be no more than 2 a week and in most cases every other week.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2006, 21:20   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
For people who moved there 8 or more years ago, there wasn't any noise. With gates of 300, matchdays were nothing more than an inconvenience.
you think that you are going to get a few large crowds
i hope for your sake that you do.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2006, 22:30   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker
you think that you are going to get a few large crowds
i hope for your sake that you do.
it might not seem much to you lot in your Ivory Towers that is the crumbling 'fortress' at Edgar St, but as recent as six years ago we averaged under 500 and this year we can comfortably expect a few 5000 crowds. For a ground built in amongst streets and houses it obviously creates problems. Your lot just shunt a few heifers back to the farm yards and make plenty of space to park your tractors.
Old 22-06-2006, 23:56   #26

Strange - I wasnt invited to this "Residents Meeting"
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2006, 17:26   #27

The solution is simple!!

Let someone challenge their ward as an independent!!
Old 24-06-2006, 14:50   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
it might not seem much to you lot in your Ivory Towers that is the crumbling 'fortress' at Edgar St, but as recent as six years ago we averaged under 500 and this year we can comfortably expect a few 5000 crowds. For a ground built in amongst streets and houses it obviously creates problems. Your lot just shunt a few heifers back to the farm yards and make plenty of space to park your tractors.
Please it's shedgar street.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2006, 20:05   #29
I am Banned

it was displayed in kwik save
Old 25-06-2006, 07:57   #30
Resting in Peace

errrrrrrrr I live in Clayton although I used to live in Westwood St (quite a few years ago) when I did my paperround. Now I know that I have gotten older but am still sure that Milnshaw area is still around by Milnshaw Park on Lancaster/Gloucester Ave area and does not the FES lie in the Ribblesdale Ave area which if I'm not too badly mistaken is a different ward within the council!!!!

Surley if the local ppl have a complaint they should go to their ward rep and not to one that is willing to knock ASFC at any chance or am I being to IN-PC if you know what I mean!!!!
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..