Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 16:33   #166
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Looks like some bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
Went back to the Evening Telegraph site to look for any more news and saw that yesterday's article had been updated. This was one of the new sections:

"Mr O’Neill, who became chairman in June, said he was investigating why none of the cash had been paid, despite the club staging a photocall for the handover of a £25,000 cheque towards a monthly installment."

Our (Joint) Chairman is now claiming that he thought the taxman had been paid.

That's as believable as expecting to raise tens of thousands of pounds from mid-season friendlies with 'big clubs' or claiming that the eight-week deadline is "actually good news for the playing side because it means that we can start again from a clean slate earlier than we expected."

For once I agree with Councillor Britcliffe: "If the club wants the public to get behind it and support it then they have to up front and honest about what they are doing."
oh my god didn't think this could get any more farcical, but it has.
Old 03-09-2009, 16:45   #167
Senior Member+

I see Salisbury have gone into administration today owing the taxman 200k. Taken an automatic 10 point penalty, but looking for people to buy out the club.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 16:57   #168
God Member

This might be a madcap idea considering the mentioning of shares being bought, blackmail, seats for life on the board but here goes.

Considering the financial climate and tht of football clubs in the lower leagues then I had this bouncing around in my empty head. ASSF have funds to save the club, but instead of of buying the shares then invest the same way that the dragons do for a cut of any profit. Now concidering what I have said about the finacial state of affairs in the lower leagues then the cut should be put into an emergency fund for the future. This could be if possible outwith the clubs control to avoid it being used elseware. Think of it as banking if you wish with the ASSF members/representative as the bank manager. So if say 2/3 years down the line something goes wrong and not heaven forbid the taxman then the fund can be approached for a financial input for the clubs sake. Ok I am no business law related guy but whay cant it work if a legally binding agreement can be reached. O,neil gets to run it as a business the fans fighting fund aids the club and can be forthcoming with aid in the future.

May not work or be ideal but seems to be in my lowley opinion a far comprimise without any tit for tat aggro. If it is wrong or wouldnt work then fair enough no expert but i hope something along these lines might help both sides without recriminations as both sides want whats best for the club.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 18:59   #169

I don't think Ilyas would release the funds unless extra shares were made available.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 19:37   #170

250k from the ASSF for a 50% controlling stake in a founder member of the football league?, not exactly ASFC at heart, more like a gun to the head!

I hope funds are found independently and allow the current structure to plot the future course!......Best of Luck!
Old 03-09-2009, 19:48   #171
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
250k from the ASSF for a 50% controlling stake in a founder member of the football league?, not exactly ASFC at heart, more like a gun to the head!

I hope funds are found independently and allow the current structure to plot the future course!......Best of Luck!
Yes, £250K for 50% in a club that owes £308K to the taxman. operates on gates of circa 1,400 and has no assets. Seems like a pretty generous offer to me.

As for them being "not exactly ASFC at heart" you obviously don't know them because you couldn't be more wrong.

The sooner the club accept their offer the better.
Old 03-09-2009, 19:52   #172

I have to disagree!....there is far more than "assistance" being plotted here!...Why the need for the controlling stake?
Old 03-09-2009, 19:55   #173
God Member

Smile Re: Looks like some bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Yes, £250K for 50% in a club that owes £308K to the taxman. operates on gates of circa 1,400 and has no assets. Seems like a pretty generous offer to me.

As for them being "not exactly ASFC at heart" you obviously don't know them because you couldn't be more wrong.
The sooner the club accept their offer the better.
Thanks for that WH

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 20:02   #174
Senior Member+

Bury | News | Latest News | Latest News | Can you help Accrington?

And FFS we are not a founder member !,

The club on paper atm is worthless, even without the debt.
The stadium is rented, so the only asset is the squad and they are not worth £250,000.
Whatever stupid price D'ON paid EW is his own fault.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 20:02   #175
Junior Member+

Quote:
I have to disagree!....there is far more than "assistance" being plotted here!...Why the need for the controlling stake?
I think it's more control that we need! Control over our financial ineptitude
Old 03-09-2009, 20:03   #176

So please somebody explain to me why the ASSF would not be prepared to accept a 25% stake, thus allowing Mr O'Neill to continue to rebuilding?
Old 03-09-2009, 20:07   #177
Super Moderator

Quote:
It's a big chunk of money to hand over so obviously they want something in return for it. I personally would be much happier with them in charge. However, if you consider nelecting to make a vital payment to the HMCR when it's due, a good way to "plot the future course" then so be it!
Old 03-09-2009, 20:12   #178
Senior Member+

Quote:
So please somebody explain to me why the ASSF would not be prepared to accept a 25% stake, thus allowing Mr O'Neill to continue to rebuilding?
Because there are other shareholders who own the remaining 47% (Illyas, Peter Marsden ect.) They would have to sell there shares or dilute them (Which would dilute D'ON).
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 20:15   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
It's a big chunk of money to hand over so obviously they want something in return for it. I personally would be much happier with them in charge. However, if you consider nelecting to make a vital payment to the HMCR when it's due, a good way to "plot the future course" then so be it!
I have no objection to Mr Khan taking the club, but to allow the club to be run by a Committee is an absolute receipe for further disaster....IMO
Old 03-09-2009, 20:23   #180
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have no objection to Mr Khan taking the club, but to allow the club to be run by a Committee is an absolute receipe for further disaster....IMO
The way I understand it, it wouldn't be run by a committee - the ASSF would appoint its own directors who would work with the existing directors (including the D'on).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..