Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2008, 14:04   #16
God Member

Re: Mangan Back??

Thanks Jeff, so it looking official then ..............what is it with getting our old boys back ?? why get shut in the 1st place only to have them back at a later stage tho with mangy its like rocky is atm.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2008, 15:00   #17

Mangan's return is good news, he may need a couple of matches to settle in.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 15:13   #18
Senior Member+

Spoke to Andy at the Bury game and he said he never wanted to leave, but something about not getting what he wanted meant he was shown the door. Personally I am glad to see him back because he looked useful at Bury when he played against us (even though he was a sub) and it has put a smile on my youngest daughters face again!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 15:15   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Just what we need, assuming he has bulked up a bit since he last played for us. Always rated him, how about you, Accy Mad?
Well Redraine, I'm not sure about this - but I will reserve judgement for now. If Mangy has learned that he has to be more disciplined & has stopped throwing his tantrums then maybe he can do a job for us at least until Leighton is fit again and on the positive side if , as it seems, we can only attract our old players back I would rather have Mangy than McEvilly
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 15:36   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Spoke to Andy at the Bury game and he said he never wanted to leave, but something about not getting what he wanted meant he was shown the door. Personally I am glad to see him back because he looked useful at Bury when he played against us (even though he was a sub) and it has put a smile on my youngest daughters face again!

Hehehehe not yours an all ozzy, told mine & she shuddered [altho i didnt get a sore arm]

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 15:48   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Well Redraine, I'm not sure about this - but I will reserve judgement for now. If Mangy has learned that he has to be more disciplined & has stopped throwing his tantrums then maybe he can do a job for us at least until Leighton is fit again and on the positive side if , as it seems, we can only attract our old players back I would rather have Mangy than McEvilly
Let's hope he will be fired up enough to show the boss he was wrong to let him go, but not so much that he gets into trouble.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 16:05   #22
Senior Member+

It's on the official site now. I'm a little unsure about this to say the least. When I saw him at Bury he seemed to have bulked up a bit and he caused us a lot of problems.

Of course, he was only playing against our defence, so you can't tell much by that.
Old 20-02-2008, 16:17   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Of course, he was only playing against our defence, so you can't tell much by that.
Maybe he's been brought back to coach the defence.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 17:25   #24
Full Member+

Not sure what to make of this move.

Whilst I'd accept that we're a bit thin on the ground forwards wise at the moment, I can't see my way past the fact that we've re-signed a player who was mainly used as a sub in his first spell with us and was labelled "an impact player".Admittedly, the lad scored a few important goals in his first spell here but the question begs to be asked....Why was he "shown the door" ???

Apparently Mangan had a hernia injury recently and was due to have treatment.(Has this injury now healed, Is he fit ??) Granted, Bury have just changed managers recently and maybe he doesn't fit in with Knill's plans (New Bury Boss).

I've seen Mangan a couple of times this season, not only against us at their place, but I've also ventured to watch the Shakers a couple of times when we've been away / not playing. Other than scoring Bury's winner against us at their place, nothing of what I've seen of Mangan since suggests he's a better player than he was when he left us . IMO he still lacks strength and more importantly composure.

I hope the lad proves me wrong and scores some important goals which help to keep us up / away from the drop zone. Incidentally, after a quick browse on the Bury forum, quite a few of their fans are concerned that he's been allowed to re-join quote " a rival".

I would have thought however, that after recent comments in the local press by JC / JB and more importantly recent performances, a more pressing concern would be to address the defensive situation. Only time will tell.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 17:34   #25

bloody hell someone who thinks the same as some of us whalley pub haters
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 18:18   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
The loan has been registered
BBC SPORT | Football | Gossip | Transfers - February 2008

We sold Roscoe Dsane to Torquay and we have replaced him with a Scouse cast off who can't get in the Bury team and couldn't get in our team in the Conference or League Two. Is is possibly because he is a SCOUSE cast off that we have got him back. This should go a long way to solving our urgent defensive problems. Get thhe important things sorted first Coley, or is it the old rubbish of "we will score more goals than them"

u said it what a joke
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 19:21   #27
Senior Member+

Let's just hope he doesn't see red in his first game (except when looking for someone to pass to)
Old 20-02-2008, 19:30   #28
God Member

Have to be honest and say that when I heard this news earlier today I was somewhat suprised to say the least, and not in a good way, however, after thinking about it I am begining to change my mind.

Although when Mangy was first here He was used mainly as a sub, He always seemed to give 100+% (I know thats not feasable but poetic license and all that!)and was up for every ball He could chase, even if it was a lost cause!!

Perhaps His enthusiasm ( if still there) will rub off on the rest of the lads and maybe, just maybe we might see 'some fire in thier bellies' and the long awaited win we so desperatley need.

So with that in mind, welcome back Mangy, and good luck.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 20:56   #29

sod the forward why no defender yet ??
Old 20-02-2008, 21:01   #30

dont bulk him up he will end up like McEvill

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..