Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-02-2017, 21:34   #106
God Member

Re: Mansfield Town match thread

Lee? We signed somebody else??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2017, 21:45   #107

Should only sign players that don't confuse spell checkers. That'll be Silly Fee of course.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 21:45   #108
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Lee? We signed somebody else??
We have signed a Portuguese player on loan until the end of the season, He was not cleared to play tonight. He is available for Saturday. It sounds like we put up an almighty scrap. Look forward to Saturday. and Tuesday. two very important games. Enjoy the point.
monkey hanger likes this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 22:00   #109
Senior Member+

That 5 point gap between the Reds and Crewe Alexandra is looking a bit threatening tonight.
Seems that wins in the next couple of matches are more imperative than ever !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 22:30   #110

Evans on his defence: “Some of these players might end up playing at clubs like Accrington if that’s how they want to play"

Read more at: Boss Evans slams Stags? shocking defending in eight-goal thriller - Mansfield and Ashfield Chad
Old 14-02-2017, 22:44   #111
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Evans on his defence: “Some of these players might end up playing at clubs like Accrington if that’s how they want to play"

Read more at: Boss Evans slams Stags? shocking defending in eight-goal thriller - Mansfield and Ashfield Chad
"“We have huffed and puffed but lacked a lot of quality and it’s a little wake-up call. “Some of these players might end up playing at clubs like Accrington if that’s how they want to play – and that’s no disrespect to John Coleman at Accrington as he does wonders there."

"That's no disrespect" my backside! Evans has always been a gobsh.te. Remember him at Crawley? Horrible git!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 22:59   #112
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Stags pen,why was it given anyone any idea's.. Mansfield 4-4 Accrington | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports Kee's goal a cracker best of the lot followed by there 4th
choirboy likes this.
Old 15-02-2017, 00:09   #113

I think the Stagnation very fortunate tonight.
Great to see Billy back to his best.He gave their defence hell tonight.
Best game I've seen Clarke play for us.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 00:24   #114
Junior Member+

Simply put, by far the worst refereeing performance of the season. Absolutely embarrassing. Pandered to Mr Evans. Penalty was a joke and he has just took away 2 points for what was an unbelievable performance were I can't fault anyone.
Side point, how long can this carry on with officals. So many times this season we have had inept officals. Why is it fair that the best refs are now purely. championship based with the odd exception. Not many times this season we have been able to turn round and say what a great reffing performance. Them 2 points could be vital but don't let it take away from a great performance. Well done Stanley
AccyStan1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 03:39   #115
God Member

4 -4 What the #%@k do I make of that????
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 06:18   #116

Hang on there AccyStan1962! There were a lot of fouls in the match and generally the ref seemed to call those correctly. He booked too many players in my opinion. Mccartan, Beckles, Matty P and possibly the Don were not surprising - the other two were innocuous.

Their penalty was too far away to tell what happened but on the replay it's a mystery why he gave it. However, three mins later we were back in front with a penalty - so it really made little difference.

I don't think our players helped the ref. They went down easily, and wasted time too often.

What was Evans beef? Did he think Kee had pulled back their player for the third goal? He marched angrily onto the pitch to confront him at half time. Memory may play tricks, but did Jimmy Bell also come on and point an angry finger? Does that sort of stuff help the ref?

I know I seem to be siding with refs on this forum, but again I think that whilst he may not have been the greatest, he was just about adequate in the circumstances.
Old 15-02-2017, 06:25   #117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Stags pen,why was it given anyone any idea's.
From the video clip, Matty had his back to the Mansfield player who was standing behind him. The Stag then barged forward and, Matty having eyes in the back of his head, presumably was adjudged to have deliberately tripped him up. Couldn't make it up.
BTW, I thought Billy Kee's first was a 'wonder' goal too.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 06:27   #118

Ps, as we left the ground I was foolishly texting as I walked across the big car park. A bloke behind me was mouthing off about our players diving (possibly for my benefit as I had my scarf on). Just as he said it I tripped up over a kerb. I went down like a sack of spuds (broke me phone, cut my hands and bruised hip and ribs).

I managed to make a joke about it being in keeping with our players, as I embarrassingly got to my feet, which at least seemed to amuse him.
Old 15-02-2017, 07:05   #119
I am Banned

He had a point our players are going down far too easy, Sean mc is one of the worst offenders for it, the tiniest touch and he's down on floor looking for a foul, get the flip up and get on with the game
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2017, 07:36   #120

St06nc2 - ditto Shay. Billy Kee spends most of the match on the deck but I suspect his knocks are more genuine (e.g., the gashed head yesterday)? Last night there were several occasions when Sean/Shay hit the deck and waved frantically for treatment only to be OK a minute later. It may have been genuine of course, but it didn't help the mood of their bench and the crowd when it happens so often.

Sean walking slowly to take a corner, take a throw, leave the pitch when subbed is frustrating for me to watch. It must enrage the opposition.

Anyway, what the hell am I complaining about. It was a wonderful match.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..