Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2009, 12:44   #16
God Member

Question Re: Marsden Stands Down

My understanding is that he has stood down as Vice - Chair, not walked out on the club He still has 10% share holding and is still trying to find away forward for the club If I am wrong, then I apologise now

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-10-2009, 12:46   #17
Member.

Re: Marsden Stands Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
The directors were going to make the shortfall I got told, then Mr Marsden says to fans carry on raising money ...... But then says I'm off bye !!!! How's that work then does he not have a duty to the club in these times ?
He's a director, if the club goes tits up he could be barred from running his own businesses, maybe.

By the sound of it he's lost the will to risk everything because of the scrap between Khan and O'Neil, makes you wonder what's going on under the surface.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:48   #18
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
My understanding is that he has stood down as Vice - Chair, not walked out on the club He still has 10% share holding and is still trying to find away forward for the club If I am wrong, then I apologise now
I hope so......this sounds like he's going to be a visitor in futrue

Quote:
We will remain good friends and he is always welcome here at Accrington Stanley

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 04-10-2009, 13:12   #19
Senior Member+

I'd still like to know what will happen to the raised money if the club does fold. I'm reluctant to continue to give/raise money if it's going to end up in individuals' pockets.

The club is a limited company, so I'd assume that individuals are not at personal financial risk, but maybe I'm wrong.
Old 04-10-2009, 14:59   #20
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Simply David O'Neill feck off now.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 18:24   #21
God Member

This is a very worrying developement...I'ld have to say it appears to me that Mr O'Niell walks the low road and Ilyas has the high. I think its about to get really nasty. Shame 'cause I'm sure that both have the good of Stanley deep in their veins.
This ain't making the 'Don' look good.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 18:29   #22
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
This is a very worrying developement...I'ld have to say it appears to me that Mr O'Niell walks the low road and Ilyas has the high. I think its about to get really nasty. Shame 'cause I'm sure that both have the good of Stanley deep in their veins.
This ain't making the 'Don' look good.
Wait until it all comes out, you will find that one certainly doesn't have Stanley in their veins, time for a statement from ASSF me thinks.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 18:50   #23
God Member

I'm a very logical person but I'm afraid even I'm lost in this whole episode
Old 04-10-2009, 18:55   #24
God Member

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 18:56   #25
Senior Member+

Would someone in the clique or know please pm me these 'rumours' as its appears that im falling out of touch with peoples extra knowledge
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 18:56   #26
God Member

This bloke O'Niell isn't a reincarnation of Bob Lord ??
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 18:58   #27
Member.

Maybe it’s a necessary evil; being positive maybe Mr. Marsden resigned in order to highlight the extent of the position, maybe as a share holder he’s better placed to assist or invested personally or maybe not….maybe fate as another card to play in our illustrious history, maybe Mr. O’Neil is due to take the role of the most hated man in Accrington.

I would have thought we might have heard from Mr. Khan on the matter of Mr. Marsden’s resignation, after all they appeared to be walking of common ground……

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 04-10-2009, 18:59   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
He's a director, if the club goes tits up he could be barred from running his own businesses, maybe.

By the sound of it he's lost the will to risk everything because of the scrap between Khan and O'Neil, makes you wonder what's going on under the surface.
He has steped down as a director!

Accrington Stanley Football Club Limited
Sunday 4th Oct 2009

Vice Chairman stands down
Accrington Stanley vice chairman Peter Marsden has today resigned as a director of Accrington Stanley.

Old 04-10-2009, 19:02   #29
God Member

Question Re: Marsden Stands Down

[QUOTE=Doug;750470]Maybe it’s a necessary evil; being positive maybe Mr. Marsden resigned in order to highlight the extent of the position,

Maybe some truth in that.....

Old 04-10-2009, 19:11   #30
bdc

Personally I think this episode is getting into a clash of people rather than about the club. I cannot see the club raising the £308k so that leaves only two options being that the DON finds the money or gives control to the ASSF. I think that the ASSF has been given a bit of negative publicity on the forum recently but I feel that it is the only option left to save the club. I hope that Ilyas has the money ready and waiting to provide the ASSF as an option at the winding up order hearing, this may just save the club.

On the subject of the DON, I feel that he has let the supporters down after all that was said at the fans forum he hasn't followed this up with corrective action. Most of the fundraising has been generated from outside the club and very little input has come from within the current structure. This says to me that a new regime is required in order to help support the club for the long-term. Ilyas has the best interests of the club at heart and would help to drive the club forward. I think it is a big statement that Mr Marsden has stepped down today, it may just demonstrate that he has had enough of the DON.

If the club is saved by the ASSF I feel that the club does have a bright future with one of the best squads for years. John Coleman is getting things right on the pitch so lets get a backroom team to assist him and not hinder him.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..