Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2006, 20:21   #1

Mascot

My daughter is the mascot on 16th Sept for the Boston game, Stanley said that they would contact me a few weeks before the game telling me the details i.e where to go , times etc, havnt heard a thing. Asked at the club, still waiting. Can anybody give me some details so that i dont have to go over again. Thanks
Old 07-09-2006, 20:35   #2
God Member

Re: Mascot

I personally would juat turn up on the day and if all has gone to pot, let somebody else inform my child that their day has gone to ****.

Full refund would still pay you both in, plus refreshments, plus compensatory toy for said child. Plus re-arranged gratis mascot duties.

Good luck.
Old 07-09-2006, 22:24   #3
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

This combined with other problems currently being experienced by supporters, i.e. clubshop, show to me that it is time Eric employed somebody with some knowledge of how to run a bigger operation, we deserve better.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 23:27   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
This combined with other problems currently being experienced by supporters, i.e. clubshop, show to me that it is time Eric employed somebody with some knowledge of how to run a bigger operation, we deserve better.
Almost there, there is nothing wrong with the people Eric has employed, more to do with the lack of funds.

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:38   #5
God Member

My son was mascot a couple of years ago Denise so I can only go off what happened then, can't see that it will have changed that much. We were told to arrive around about an hour before kick off, when we arrived we went to see Vikki who took my son down to the changing rooms to be looked after till it was time to come out onto the pitch. Hope she enoys her day.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 09:44   #6
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
Almost there, there is nothing wrong with the people Eric has employed, more to do with the lack of funds.
What has lack of funds got to do with the poor service people are experiencing from the Club and Club Shop ? People are still waiting for their Darlington programmes to be delivered. These programmes were paid for before the game even took place and they should have been put aside before any were sold and sent the day after the game. What has lack of funds got to do it ? Please explain.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:12   #7

Denise - When your daughter is having a kick-about before the match, I will have a chat with her to get her details (favourite player etc), and will announce her with the team line ups.
Old 17-09-2006, 08:35   #8

Tara really enjoyed being a mascot yesterday, and loved meeting all the players, especially Cav [ first crush at 5yrs old ! ]
Just got to get in touch with Kipax now to get copies of the pics he took. Thanks to all who replied with advice, all in all she had a great day.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..